Acura CLand Toyota Solara vs Nissan Spec V, Maxima, 300 hemi C
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Acura CLand Toyota Solara vs Nissan Spec V, Maxima, 300 hemi C within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Saturday night, sunday morning, at 1:00am, Me in my cls, and my brother in his solara, went out to beltway ...

Acura CLand Toyota Solara vs Nissan Spec V, Maxima, 300 hemi C

Saturday night, sunday morning, at 1:00am, Me in my cls, and my brother in his solara, went out to beltway 495, in Maryland through the S turns to try out my new springs! I just got some Tien springs put on and I wanted to try them out, so we did it when there was less traffic on the road! As we got to 495(4 lanes) from I-270, we saw a spec V and a Maxima fly by. Since me and my brother where doing 75mph, I think they were going about at least 95 to 100mph! I flashed my lights at my brother Once, and we begin to chase! The s turns last about 2 miles! We were a quarter of a mile in to the S turns, and we caught up to them! So both of the guys hit, and so did we! We came into One turn and me and my brother split in between them, and was toying with them! We hit One more curve and we begin to pull away at 115mph! We hit the next curve at 120mph. Then we pulled off the exit and was laughing about the way we whoop those guys! So on the way back home We went through the S turns again, and when we got to the end to get back on I-270 where it turns into 6 lanes, this 300 hemi C, was playing with my brother, so they started racing, and my brother was giving it to the hemi C! At this time i let them put about 7 cars on me, then I begin to hit it! My brother was doing 142mph and started pulling away from the hemi C which, give or take was doing about 125 or 130mph! I blew by the 300 hemi C like he was standing still! I hit 150mph before I shut it off and caught my brother! That was the fasted i ever been in my car! Well we had a lot of fun that night, and I love my new springs! I just thought I would share my night with having my new springs on! Lucky there where no cops in sight!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lets all sollute, stand tall, and...

raise the flag!

I Support ClubWRX
    I usually hit the s-curves going at least 145mph. Anything less would be uncivilized.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by killer_acura
    Saturday night, sunday morning, at 1:00am, Me in my cls, and my brother in his solara, went out to beltway 495, in Maryland through the S turns to try out my new springs! I just got some Tien springs put on and I wanted to try them out, so we did it when there was less traffic on the road! As we got to 495(4 lanes) from I-270, we saw a spec V and a Maxima fly by. Since me and my brother where doing 75mph, I think they were going about at least 95 to 100mph! I flashed my lights at my brother Once, and we begin to chase! The s turns last about 2 miles! We were a quarter of a mile in to the S turns, and we caught up to them! So both of the guys hit, and so did we! We came into One turn and me and my brother split in between them, and was toying with them! We hit One more curve and we begin to pull away at 115mph! We hit the next curve at 120mph. Then we pulled off the exit and was laughing about the way we whoop those guys! So on the way back home We went through the S turns again, and when we got to the end to get back on I-270 where it turns into 6 lanes, this 300 hemi C, was playing with my brother, so they started racing, and my brother was giving it to the hemi C! At this time i let them put about 7 cars on me, then I begin to hit it! My brother was doing 142mph and started pulling away from the hemi C which, give or take was doing about 125 or 130mph! I blew by the 300 hemi C like he was standing still! I hit 150mph before I shut it off and caught my brother! That was the fasted i ever been in my car! Well we had a lot of fun that night, and I love my new springs! I just thought I would share my night with having my new springs on! Lucky there where no cops in sight!
    your an idiot and suck at life

From a roll, the Hemi would murder you and your brother. I hope that you have some major modification to that acura. Hell, my Jeep will pull on solara's and CL all day.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    These are ummmm...Toyota's right? Not as in "supra" either. Pray tell...when did you wake up from this dream?

Acura CLS
    Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 260(191) / 6100
    Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 232(315) / 3500-5500
    3446 lbs

And a Solara?
    Acceleration (0-60 mph): 7.04 sec. (whooaaa...blingingly fast....might be quicker than say.....a BUS)
    Base Engine Size: 3.3 liters
    Base Engine Type: V6 Horsepower: 225 hp
    Max Horsepower: 5600 rpm Torque: 240 ft-lbs.
    Max Torque: 3600 rpm

Chrysler 300 C Hemi
    340 horsepower at 6,000 RPM
    390 pounds-feet of torque at 4,800 RPM
    4046 lbs

You do the math...or wait...you are so blindingly fast on your abacus that it's not worthwhile to use a calculator.

edit...checked your profile. Please inform us as to how you achieved 320 HP from your mighty CL? Did you trade it in for an STi maybe? You have got to be kidding.
    Last edited by YBNormal07; 11-16-2005 at 05:57 PM.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I'm moving this to WVTW. Let's all keep it civil.
    All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand. - Steven Wright

Moderator, of the "Super" persuasion

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXed
    I'm moving this to WVTW. Let's all keep it civil.
    Sorry...couldn't help myself. I mean...c'mon...it's a solara and a CL. I honestly thought this was a joke post until I saw the 320 hp in the profile.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Sorry...couldn't help myself. I mean...c'mon...it's a solara and a CL. I honestly thought this was a joke post until I saw the 320 hp in the profile.
    haha I was actually referring to the fact that I was moving into this forum and it would get a lot more responses afterwards.

1) You really like using exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!

2) While the CL-S in 6spd form is a decently quick car at mid-higher 14's and trapping 95/96mph it is hardly quick enough to pull on a 300C hemi at those speeds. I have driven quite a couple CL-S's because back when I had my maxima a couple of local guys upgraded to them and even with mods like injen intake, comptech headers, and comptech exhaust they are still only running low 14's and trapping 98/99mph or so... which is on par with a Hemi 300C from a dig, but at those speeds I dont think you are putting 7+ cars on the Hemi....You would need a s/c to do damage like that....
    As for your brothers Solara putting distance on a 300C hemi... that is just laughable

3) You say you were pulling these cars in the turns too... the S-curves as you call it. The Nissan specV would hand your and your 3,500lbs car its ass in the twisties! Again, the Solara is a joke.

4) What kind of maxima was this that you ran because maxima's are no slouches, particularly modded 4th gens or VQ35 maxima's.

5) Either your really stupid or just really full of sh!t with nothing better to do but waste our time with fabricated stories of your "racing" experiences when in reality you were probably at home deciding whether to play need for speed underground or Halo2
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    1) You really like using exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!

2) While the CL-S in 6spd form is a decently quick car at mid-higher 14's and trapping 95/96mph it is hardly quick enough to pull on a 300C hemi at those speeds. I have driven quite a couple CL-S's because back when I had my maxima a couple of local guys upgraded to them and even with mods like injen intake, comptech headers, and comptech exhaust they are still only running low 14's and trapping 98/99mph or so... which is on par with a Hemi 300C from a dig, but at those speeds I dont think you are putting 7+ cars on the Hemi....You would need a s/c to do damage like that....
    As for your brothers Solara putting distance on a 300C hemi... that is just laughable

3) You say you were pulling these cars in the turns too... the S-curves as you call it. The Nissan specV would hand your and your 3,500lbs car its ass in the twisties! Again, the Solara is a joke.

4) What kind of maxima was this that you ran because maxima's are no slouches, particularly modded 4th gens or VQ35 maxima's.

5) Either your really stupid or just really full of sh!t with nothing better to do but waste our time with fabricated stories of your "racing" experiences when in reality you were probably at home deciding whether to play need for speed underground or Halo2

Worst story I have ever read on this forum. It reminds me of a story my 8 year old nephew would tell about himself and his friends racing on their bikes, except even he does not load it with as much BS and he uses much better grammar.

That was the fasted i ever been in my car
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

This guy got owned, I knew it sounded weird but chalked it up to my lack of knowledge on other cars. Surely he would have defended himself by now had any of this been real.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think he's telling the truth. I put 14.5 bus lengths on all these cars with my 626 from a 140-180 roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I think he's telling the truth. I put 14.5 bus lengths on all these cars with my 626 from a 140-180 roll.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast