Acura CLand Toyota Solara vs Nissan Spec V, Maxima, 300 hemi C - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Acura CLand Toyota Solara vs Nissan Spec V, Maxima, 300 hemi C within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by WRXed BS. There is no way. Your 626 runs low 13s and maybe high 12s with trap ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXed
    BS. There is no way. Your 626 runs low 13s and maybe high 12s with trap speeds around 102-104mph. You would have to be running mid 12s and trapping at 105-106mph for that to happen.

/end Donnie
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    BS. There is no way. Your 626 runs low 13s and maybe high 12s with trap speeds around 102-104mph. You would have to be running mid 12s and trapping at 105-106mph for that to happen.

/end Donnie

/end Donnie
    you're just bitter because I actually contain knowledge of other cars outside of the wrx
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    you're just bitter because I actually contain knowledge of other cars outside of the wrx
    Whereas I do not.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

and it's the fasted he has ever been in his car(not fastest). it must be a new word in the webster dictionary.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

Whereas I do not.
    correct.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    1) You really like using exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!

2) While the CL-S in 6spd form is a decently quick car at mid-higher 14's and trapping 95/96mph it is hardly quick enough to pull on a 300C hemi at those speeds. I have driven quite a couple CL-S's because back when I had my maxima a couple of local guys upgraded to them and even with mods like injen intake, comptech headers, and comptech exhaust they are still only running low 14's and trapping 98/99mph or so... which is on par with a Hemi 300C from a dig, but at those speeds I dont think you are putting 7+ cars on the Hemi....You would need a s/c to do damage like that....
    As for your brothers Solara putting distance on a 300C hemi... that is just laughable

3) You say you were pulling these cars in the turns too... the S-curves as you call it. The Nissan specV would hand your and your 3,500lbs car its ass in the twisties! Again, the Solara is a joke.

4) What kind of maxima was this that you ran because maxima's are no slouches, particularly modded 4th gens or VQ35 maxima's.

5) Either your really stupid or just really full of sh!t with nothing better to do but waste our time with fabricated stories of your "racing" experiences when in reality you were probably at home deciding whether to play need for speed underground or Halo2

You have got to be kidding! Still going by the Stock reads huh? Its pretty funny that the limiter in a 300 hemi C is set to 126, so how is it going to go faster then me if im doing 150 and my brother is doing 140mph! Lets be real here! I mean from a dig with both cars, the Hemi C would whoop ass, but if where at a roll doing 80 and then start racing, I mean come on now! CL Type S's with headers, cat back exhaust, and intake, push over 300hp, I know thats not much to your sti's and wrx's but thats a lot to a car like that! With those mods, are top in is pretty good! Maybe if the hemi C wasn't limited, then maybe, but if it can't go past 130mph then why even try to talk about it! Look the only people that know what happen was me, my brother, and the other guy in the hemi C, that gave my brother props in his solara, cause when we got to the light, he even told us, that he couldnt believe a solara pulled on him, he didn't think they were fast! They are slow cars until modded! If you don't know what hes got, then don't doubt the car! Anything can be made fast with money and time!

Quote Originally Posted by killer_acura
    You have got to be kidding! Still going by the Stock reads huh? Its pretty funny that the limiter in a 300 hemi C is set to 126, so how is it going to go faster then me if im doing 150 and my brother is doing 140mph! Lets be real here! I mean from a dig with both cars, the Hemi C would whoop ass, but if where at a roll doing 80 and then start racing, I mean come on now! CL Type S's with headers, cat back exhaust, and intake, push over 300hp, I know thats not much to your sti's and wrx's but thats a lot to a car like that! With those mods, are top in is pretty good! Maybe if the hemi C wasn't limited, then maybe, but if it can't go past 130mph then why even try to talk about it! Look the only people that know what happen was me, my brother, and the other guy in the hemi C, that gave my brother props in his solara, cause when we got to the light, he even told us, that he couldnt believe a solara pulled on him, he didn't think they were fast! They are slow cars until modded! If you don't know what hes got, then don't doubt the car! Anything can be made fast with money and time!
    1) If you guys were going 140/150 and the 300C is limited at 126 then how the hell do you figure that you beat him
    My car doesn't go forward if its in reverse, so if we race while I am in reverse then you win right?

2) CL-S's do not respond particularly well to mods. With header, catback, intake you would be lucky to hit 300hp and that is at the crank, not the wheels.. Sure that is a decent amount of power, but for a 3,400 car that is FWD its not all "that" great. I am not trying to down talk the CL-S, they are very nice cars and rather fun to drive especially when modded, but do not try to build it up to something that it is not. I am not going by stock reads, I am going by experience... which happens to go beyond magazine racing.

3) You never said you brother had mods. While the V6 solara is not terribly slow at low 15's and trapping 92mph or so it is not going to hang with a car that runs low 14's/high 13's and traps 102mph. Solara's have a pretty limited aftermarket outside of TRD and even with your basic i/h/e setup he will be lucky to break out of high 14's @ 94mph... Granted, there is a supercharger option for the car that makes decent power.. but I doubt he has it, and you say he does I think your full of crap because you would have automatically mentioned that earlier.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 11-17-2005 at 11:39 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Saturday night, sunday morning, at 1:00am, Me in my cls, and my brother in his solara, went out to beltway 495, in Maryland through the S turns to try out my new springs!
    I hate you. The beltway is bad enough, even early morning, without idiots like you over-driving your parents' cars.

If you're actually doing 150 on 495, you so deserve to fly solo off the American Legion bridge in a misguided blaze of rice glory.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_n_efx
    I hate you. The beltway is bad enough, even early morning, without idiots like you over-driving your parents' cars.

If you're actually doing 150 on 495, you so deserve to fly solo off the American Legion bridge in a misguided blaze of rice glory.

See if you had read the story, you would notice that i didn't do 150mph on 495, I did it on I-270! How bout you reread the story again before you say something!

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know why people get upset about high speeds. My 626 feels rock solid at 170mph. Even on 14" steel wheels! I'm not putting anyone's life in danger or anything.

See if you had read the story, you would notice that i didn't do 150mph on 495, I did it on I-270! How bout you reread the story again before you say something!
    How could I miss that in your giant block of unformatted, excalamation point-ridden text?

he never said it was the 5.7L 300C.....if it was a V6, there's actually a chance his story could be believeable.

think about it; a weak V6 carrying almost 4000lbs could easily lose to a CL Type-S on the highway.

if it was a V8, you're bringing a Swiss Army Knife to a nuclear war.

And for Pete's sake, slow the F down. There's plenty of spirited drives to be had without going 100+
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Every time we get one of these stories I can't help but think the author (and his brother) were racing someone's mom on the way back from the grocery store with three kids in the back.

That's usually what happens when a ricer is trying to race me.... I get all the way out of my parking spot and he's gone already.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    he never said it was the 5.7L 300C.....if it was a V6, there's actually a chance his story could be believeable.

think about it; a weak V6 carrying almost 4000lbs could easily lose to a CL Type-S on the highway.

if it was a V8, you're bringing a Swiss Army Knife to a nuclear war.

And for Pete's sake, slow the F down. There's plenty of spirited drives to be had without going 100+

So on the way back home We went through the S turns again, and when we got to the end to get back on I-270 where it turns into 6 lanes, this 300 hemi C

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast