couple races
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on couple races within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 1) Had a friendly race with my coworker's Mustang GT (not the newest version but the previous one). It's an ...

couple races

1) Had a friendly race with my coworker's Mustang GT (not the newest version but the previous one). It's an automatic with exhaust (most likely just catbacks?). Coming back from lunch we had an impromptu race. He had 3 passengers in his car while I had 1 passenger. Race started with him in front and somewhere around 45 mph with me in 2nd gear. End of 2nd I'm right behind him, end of 3rd I walk him slowly and take the lead by about half a car, go to fourth and I walk him another half car length (basically had a 1 car length lead) and I think he gave up at that point as I started putting several cars on him by about 105-110 mph. If he didn't have the 3 extra passengers, I'm sure he would've beaten me.

The next couple of races were a couple of weeks back.

2) I was driving on the freeway and some tool in an is300 came up from behind and started tailgating me. I pay no attention to him since there was a moderate amount of traffic and he finally gets the idea, so he changes lanes and goes WOT weaving through traffic. I see that he has 2 female passengers in the car with him, so I'm guessing he's trying to showoff his uber l33t driving skills to them I get off at my exit and I see up in front that he got off the same exit as well. There were a few cars in between us, but the road opened up into 2 lanes. The guy must have been tailgating this other guy in an older generation prelude because as soon as the lane opened up, they both went at it. Not sure who won since it was a short race and was stopped short by a traffic light.

Not sure what the is300 had, but it did have an exhaust, and was catless since I could smell the fumes. Anyways, I unintentionally ended up behind the is300 at the light, with the prelude right next to him. I knew they were going to race (although neither of them launched) so I figured I might as well teach him a lesson (raced a stock auto is300 before and took him from a dig pretty badly).

Light turns green, I kinda got caught not paying attention, had a somewhat crappy takeoff, and the is300 takes a car length lead. By end of 1st, I'm about a half car length from his bumper. Go into 2nd, and I'm at his bumper. The prelude is 2 cars back at this point, so I switched to his lane and then started to pull on the IS. End of 2nd, I'm neck and neck with him, go into 3rd, and I only pulled about a car length on him till the race ended at about 80 mph where we hit traffic. The prelude was like a couple buslengths back at this point. Once we hit the intersection, the guy makes a quick right turn to get away lol.

3) Next race was against a stock Rx-8. The guy does the same as the is300, basically tailgating me. I get irritated so I let off the gas to slow down. The guy changes lanes and passes. I downshift into 4th and get right behind him, giving him a 1.5 car length space cushion. He sees me in his rearview and starts to floor it. I don't think he downshifted, because the whole time he couldn't pull away from me and I was slowly gaining on him. I was basically following and drafting him the whole time lol. I had a passenger with me. I don't recall where we started, but it was somewhere around 60 mph and ended around 100 mph where I let off as we hit some traffic.

For race 2 and 3, I only had a catback exhaust.
    For race 1, I have a catback exhaust and a helix tmic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill, I hate when As*hats start tailgating me. I had a honda civic hatchback doing that to me last night. If i didn't like my car, i'd probably would have hit the brakes and let him become part of my trunk.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.