2 run-ins with Porsches... DEAD even races
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2 run-ins with Porsches... DEAD even races within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had two runs on cleared sections of the highway tonight. First was against a 911 and the second was ...

2 run-ins with Porsches... DEAD even races

I had two runs on cleared sections of the highway tonight. First was against a 911 and the second was against a debadged boxster. First race and second were from 70-125ish, both races resulted exactly the same way... DEAD EVEN.

Im not sure if the 911 was stock, and I am hoping the Boxster wasn't but in both races we were neck and neck. I know that these cars have an advantage at higher speeds, but I honestly thought, being a stage 2 STi, I would easily walk at least the boxster.

Now I dont know what, if anything, was done to these cars, but the boxster was debadged (which maybe shows the driver is interested in modding??? ). They both were members of the Porsche of America club... and the boxster owner was no older then early 30s.

I guess what I am wondering is if these results are normal, especially against the 911, or if one, or both, of them had to have some sort of mods.

What do you think? Thanks.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Depends alot on the years of both cars. Newer 911's, depending on model would be a good run for a stage 2 STi from a roll. The Newer NA 911 (96 - 04) models will run high 12's to low 13's and trap 105-110 depending on trim level. The Brand new 997 model (the 05 911) is a little bit faster but not a whole lot, they'll pull pretty consistent 12's and trap over 110 stock. I'd guess the 911 was probably stock, modded he would have likely shown you the taillights, especially at higher speeds.

As far as the Boxter goes, if it was an S model (which it probably was if it kept up with you at all, the non S model is pretty slow and would get smoked bad by a sock STi) it may have been lightly modded. The older model Boxter-S's run in the mid 13 and trap a little over 100 stock, but the newest model that just came out for 05 is a bit faster, and might give you a decent run from a roll stock.

Either way, nice runs, its always fun to get cars like that to mess around.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

yea they were great runs... just surprised at the outcomes, but both of the porsche owners also looked surprised
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.