GTP > WRX - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 106

This is a discussion on GTP > WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Don't be a tool. I drove a 350Z; and I don't own a Rex... you don't see me in here ...

  1. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    100
    Don't be a tool. I drove a 350Z; and I don't own a Rex... you don't see me in here calling out the WRX's shortcomings (what few it has), and then trying to deny it when someone comes in and calls me a troll. Just go away. Your car is fast on the 1/4 with minimum mods. Fine. That is the only thing the car has going for it, and that's sad. I understand your need to make yourself feel better about having to drive a POS. My RAV4 can outhandle your car in the dirt.yay me. I guess the RAV4 isn't just the mini-ute with marginal power but great reliability I thought it was...waitaminnut. Know your place.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #77
    Registered User bigwrxguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by studderin
    Belive it:

    stock/ gen3 M90


    M90 3800FWD TOP 10
    #1 Uzoma Iwuagwu 9.98@143
    #2 Ed Morad 11.08@125
    #3 Tim King 11.16@120
    #4 Darrin Smith 11.16@128
    #5 Matthew Jahn 11.37@123
    #6Chris Yates 11.40@117
    #7 Scott Looman 11.44@121
    #8 Chad Conklin 11.51@117
    #9 jamhoney 11.58@118
    #10 Jason Williams 11.63@116
    BS did a stock blower/stock engine go 9s.

  4. #78
    uke
    uke is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    BS did a stock blower/stock engine go 9s.
    The 9.98 does use a stock M90 blower, but it also uses a turbo in conjuction (supercharger/turbo combo), so it's not JUST a stock blower

    Of course, it's cammed, heads, IC, etc, etc.

    Here is his full mod list: http://www.zzperformance.com/latest_news1.php?id=65

    On another note, the entire point of the original post was that both people in the vid are also members of clubgp, good friends, and the wrx owner DARED the original poster to post the vid, and make the comment about the stock WRX's top end (which is true), and looks like everyone jumped on it like a bunch of little children ("WAAHH, my car has nicer interior!; WAAAAHH, I handle better!; WAAAAHH!, at least I'm not driving a Pontiac")- even though said comments have nothing to do with the original post.

    It's like grade school on this board, sheesh
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

  5. #79
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by uke

    On another note, the entire point of the original post was that both people in the vid are also members of clubgp, good friends, and the wrx owner DARED the original poster to post the vid, and make the comment about the stock WRX's top end (which is true), and looks like everyone jumped on it like a bunch of little children ("WAAHH, my car has nicer interior!; WAAAAHH, I handle better!; WAAAAHH!, at least I'm not driving a Pontiac")- even though said comments have nothing to do with the original post.

    It's like grade school on this board, sheesh
    Hmm...I'm going to go on ClubWRX and make a thread insulting WRX's. What kind of reaction did you expect?

  6. #80
    uke
    uke is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Hmm...I'm going to go on ClubWRX and make a thread insulting WRX's. What kind of reaction did you expect?
    Oh, I'd expect a strong reaction as well, just that 4 pages worth is kinda overboard

    Anyway....er....whatever (I forgot what I was going to say)

    Oh yeah, I like wrx's (hence why I'm on this board), but I like my GTP as well

    (singing) why can't weeeeee be friends...why can't weeeee be friends....(/singing)

    edit: oh yeah, my point. (stupid ADD kicking in ) Yeah, I'd expect strong reaction, it's just that a WRX owner dared the poster to do so. i.e.....it was an intended joke

    (shrug) oh well flame on!
    Last edited by uke; 11-14-2005 at 11:41 AM.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

  7. #81
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by uke
    Oh, I'd expect a strong reaction as well, just that 4 pages worth is kinda overboard

    Anyway....er....whatever (I forgot what I was going to say)

    Oh yeah, I like wrx's (hence why I'm on this board), but I like my GTP as well

    (singing) why can't weeeeee be friends...why can't weeeee be friends....(/singing)
    We always make sure a subject gets beaten to death.

    Edit: Also, jokes go over here like a fart in church.

  8. #82
    Registered User scotts05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Beavercreek, OH
    Posts
    836
    I raced my friends 98 gtp (I dunno if its 98 but its built in the 90s). I got him off the line by like 2 cars because he was just spinning. By the time I hit 2nd gear he was like a couple foot behind my bumper. He stopped at 110 because he said his car was vibrating lol. But yeah he was slowly walking up to my bumper when he was couple cars behind me before he shut down at 110. So yeah I beat him but if he kept going I think he would slowly walk me. This race was done out in the country.
    Last edited by scotts05; 11-14-2005 at 12:05 PM.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

  9. #83
    uke
    uke is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Edit: Also, jokes go over here like a fart in church.

    mmmm, farting in church
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

  10. #84
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    you guys are all ridiculous, GTP and WRX owners alike.

    Just drop the damn subject, you really think there is going to be a point of agreement reached. Why is one person always working to prove superiority over another. GTP's can be made fast with little money, but handle like ass and have a horribly unrefined interior and a craptastic FWD 4AT layout. WRX's a modable and handle well and have a very useful AWD layout but lack the initial cheap modability of the GTP and have trannies that cannot hold much power.
    All this back and forth b!tching is going nowhere and these trolls just keep adding fuel to fire, and you guys are not helping by immediately just ragging on their car and making fun of them. Excuses are excuses, both cars have positive and negative attributes and which car is better is completely in the eye of the beholder apparently.

    There, can we be done now?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  11. #85
    uke
    uke is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    you guys are all ridiculous, GTP and WRX owners alike.

    Just drop the damn subject, you really think there is going to be a point of agreement reached. Why is one person always working to prove superiority over another. GTP's can be made fast with little money, but handle like ass and have a horribly unrefined interior and a craptastic FWD 4AT layout. WRX's a modable and handle well and have a very useful AWD layout but lack the initial cheap modability of the GTP and have trannies that cannot hold much power.
    All this back and forth b!tching is going nowhere and these trolls just keep adding fuel to fire, and you guys are not helping by immediately just ragging on their car and making fun of them. Excuses are excuses, both cars have positive and negative attributes and which car is better is completely in the eye of the beholder apparently.

    There, can we be done now?
    THANK YOU!!!!!
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

  12. #86
    Registered User scoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Columbus, Oh.
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    I raced my friends 98 gtp (I dunno if its 98 but its built in the 90s). I got him off the line by like 2 cars because he was just spinning. By the time I hit 2nd gear he was like a couple foot behind my bumper. He stopped at 110 because he said his car was vibrating lol. But yeah he was slowly walking up to my bumper when he was couple cars behind me before he shut down at 110. So yeah I beat him but if he kept going I think he would slowly walk me. This race was done out in the country.
    Vibrating...hahaha Probably the wheels getting ready to fly off!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

  13. #87
    Registered User racerWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    steeltown
    Posts
    1,315
    wow internet fighting/arguing.....something new
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

  14. #88
    Moderator timber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    3,718
    I Support ClubWRX
    Did I miss something ?? ??
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

  15. #89
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by timber
    Did I miss something ?? ??
    Yes. You missed a hell of a lot of immaturity.

    From both sides.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  16. #90
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,252
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    We always make sure a subject gets beaten to death.

    Edit: Also, jokes go over here like a fart in church.
    Turd in a punchbowl?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •