GTP > WRX - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 106

This is a discussion on GTP > WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by vq30de Thats why my grandma likes it so much, and why mustangs get so confused when you ...

  1. #46
    Banned dark_rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The Hub
    Posts
    12,157
    Quote Originally Posted by vq30de
    Thats why my grandma likes it so much, and why mustangs get so confused when you buzz past them


    GTP = great levels of

    While your cars have wings and scoops, youd never notice my car, till my blower makes your head hurt...

    i think you tards need to realize "to each his own"
    why are you still here? imagine how you look coming over here and handling yourself like you have.

    you're a tool. go ***** your blind aunt.

    dR

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User DJSHADOW7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,675
    Like i said......


    Congrats! Go away.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

    Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

  4. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_rex
    why are you still here? imagine how you look coming over here and handling yourself like you have.

    you're a tool. go ***** your blind aunt.

    dR

  5. #49
    Registered User turbo tecnica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Easton, MA
    Posts
    1,365
    You can make your car fast, for cheap. Congrats. You've proven that. You know what? It's still a Pontiac, no matter what you do with it. "Terblo" ? You're making fun of another form of forced induction? Umm.. cool, I guess. You can put less into your GTP and make it quicker in a straight line than my WRX. Wow. How are you making out in the snow? Okay, scratch weather conditions. How about corners? Okay, well, scratch corners too I guess. I guess I am just in awe of the raw beast that the GTP really is

  6. #50
    Registered User turbo tecnica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Easton, MA
    Posts
    1,365
    Also, if you have a Grand Prix, why is your username the engine code of a non-turbo Nissan 300ZX?

  7. #51
    Registered User 04wrx4keeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Central NY/ Western PA (for school)
    Posts
    520
    Quote Originally Posted by vq30de
    Thats why my grandma likes it so much, and why mustangs get so confused when you buzz past them


    GTP = great levels of

    While your cars have wings and scoops, youd never notice my car, till my blower makes your head hurt...

    i think you tards need to realize "to each his own"
    What is with all you damn trolls. NEWS FLASH: THE GTP IS NO SLEEPER. The damn car has been out for 10 years now, anyone who knows anything at all about cars knows they come with a SC when they have that GTP badge on them, its no surprise unless your racing your idiot high-school friend in his 85 Iroc who hasn't been driving for long enough to know anything about cars. The only thing different about them is now they're cheap enough on the used market (read sub $10k) for every highschool kid on earth to buy one and go around thinking he's tough ****. We are all well aware of what the GTP is capable of, why do all of you idiot trolls think you need to come our forum and enlighten us as to how great your cars are THEY'RE NOTHING NEW!! And I think its funny you bring up the whole hood-scoop & wing thing, since last time I checked most GTP's out there came with BOTH, actually hey have 2 hood scoops, or fins, or ducts or whatever the hell you want to call them.

    Heres another flash for you, GM never intended the GTP to be some sort of super drag car like you all seem to think it is. You know why they put that SC in there, it was to compete with the Japanese markets. Since their highest option engine in the GTP in 95 was only making like 210hp, and all the Japanese cars in the same class (Maxima, Accord...) were starting to come out with very well designed V6's that put down in the area of 260hp stock, GM needed to compete, so instead of actually designing a better engine, what was their bright idea (much to the hurrah of 16 years olds the country over 10 years later)... In usual GM fashon, not wanting to do anything new or take any chances at all, they decided to take an engine they've been using since, oh, the mid to early 80's and strap a blower on there, wow, what a marvel.

    I dont know what you expected to happen comming on these boards trying to stir up ****. Did you think we would all just be like "wow, your american family sedan is so supperior to out cars, how did we ever miss that great bargain and not go out and but some cheap Pontiac that will fall completely apart in 5 years (I've worked on pleanty of them, and the interiors especially do just that), how did we ever go wrong?". Get a damn life and quit trying to come onto our boards and harrass all of us about your damn car. I used to own a Grand-Prix, it was the most boring car I've ever driven, it's FWD, felt like a boat, got crappy gas-milage, and only comes in automatic , what a freakin bore, if all your concerned with is pimping down the boulivard like a G-thug banging ****ty subs out the trunk and getting the occasional stoplight race then bravo, you've got just what you wanted. The only thing it does performance wise is go in a straight line. The WRX may also be a sedan, but you know what, they're also rally-cars. They're actually designed for racing, thats where the WRX actually started, not on some design board aimed at capitalizing on mid-size sub luxury family haulers....

    The GTP is not a sports car, its not a musclecar, its just a family hauler that happens to have a Supercharger. The only sanctioned racing you will actually see the Grand-Prix in is NASCAR, and wait, those are all FORD RWD V-8's with different body's straped on them to LOOK LIKE the cars their company campaigns, so about all it shares with the GTP is its headlights....oh wait, those are just fiberglass shaped to look like Grand-Prix headlights with decals over them, nevermind

    Oh and btw, I could beat your "bang for the buck theory" too. If all I cared about was getting my WRX to go as fast as it can in a straight line, hey, news flash, were forced induction too. Instead of changing a pully all I need to do is go to Home-Depot and spend about $5 (or get online and spend $40 for one ready-made) an put together a little manual boost controller, and there ya go, mid 13's and again smoking your missused family-sedan.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 11-13-2005 at 12:44 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

  8. #52
    Registered User JiDM_WeRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mankato
    Posts
    21
    DAMN, first pushrods, then a charger, can they be any less efficient?


    BTW Mr. Tool, your pontiac sounds like utter ass (well duh its a 3.8 GM)


    GTPs are a joke, a kid I know ran 13.2 on slicks with over $3,000 in mods. Damn, soooo fast for the money he put in it.
    10 second all motor HONDA-daily
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX-grocery getter
    1995 Dodge Neon, 104 mph trap 10 psi-sold

  9. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    So are you trolling all other forums too? I just want to know why you chose the wrx forums because witha sub-12 quarter mile you definitely have some bragging rights. Im just curious why you chose to come and troll here.

  10. #54
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,590
    I Support ClubWRX
    My 626 runs 10's with 14" steelies and an air hog.

  11. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps

    Heres another flash for you, GM never intended the GTP to be some sort of super drag car like you all seem to think it is. You know why they put that SC in there, it was to compete with the Japanese markets. Since their highest option engine in the GTP in 95 was only making like 210hp, and all the Japanese cars in the same class (Maxima, Accord...) were starting to come out with very well designed V6's that put down in the area of 260hp stock, GM needed to compete, so instead of actually designing a better engine, what was their bright idea (much to the hurrah of 16 years olds the country over 10 years later)... In usual GM fashon, not wanting to do anything new or take any chances at all, they decided to take an engine they've been using since, oh, the mid to early 80's and strap a blower on there, wow, what a marvel. .
    Its funny you mention this, because I have owned 4 maximas previous to my underengineered POS, and I dont recall them having 260hp. If i recall correctly my maxima dyno'd 163ish whp. And whats wrong with an engine from the mid 80s? Last time I checked GNs are pretty goddamn fast...

    EDIT: a few pics for posterity.... god i miss this car



    Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    I dont know what you expected to happen comming on these boards trying to stir up ****. Did you think we would all just be like "wow, your american family sedan is so supperior to out cars, how did we ever miss that great bargain and not go out and but some cheap Pontiac that will fall completely apart in 5 years (I've worked on pleanty of them, and the interiors especially do just that), how did we ever go wrong?". Get a damn life and quit trying to come onto our boards and harrass all of us about your damn car. I used to own a Grand-Prix, it was the most boring car I've ever driven, it's FWD, felt like a boat, got crappy gas-milage, and only comes in automatic ,

    The GTP is not a sports car, its not a musclecar, its just a family hauler that happens to have a Supercharger. The only sanctioned racing you will actually see the Grand-Prix in is NASCAR, and wait, those are all FORD RWD V-8's with different body's straped on them to LOOK LIKE the cars their company campaigns, so about all it shares with the GTP is its headlights....oh wait, those are just fiberglass shaped to look like Grand-Prix headlights with decals over them, nevermind

    Oh and btw, I could beat your "bang for the buck theory" too. If all I cared about was getting my WRX to go as fast as it can in a straight line, hey, news flash, were forced induction too. Instead of changing a pully all I need to do is go to Home-Depot and spend about $5 (or get online and spend $40 for one ready-made) an put together a little manual boost controller, and there ya go, mid 13's and again smoking your missused family-sedan.
    ???

    Did i ever say my car is a race car? **** no. Its a GRANDMA CAR! I THINK I SAID THAT! I never said im driving some world class sports car, in fact, im reasonably sure that my next car will be an STi (at least till im done with college). The GTP sucks at everything but going straight quickly. I have driven boosted 4cyls, no doubt theyre fast, but I enjoy the torque the GTP puts down.

    I get a kick out of you guys, i bought my car because Im broke and needed a car i wouldnt have to make payments on (i pay tuition). I needed a car that was big enough for me and my **** to fit into, was comfortable, and not too slow. So dont call me some high school moron. You huys are just too easy, i didnt start being an ******* until you guys did. I never bashed the WRX, ****, i almost bought one. Im very aware of what they are, and what they are capable of. I just enjoy the looks on ppl faces when they see my Grand Prix GT badges walk by them...

    So, in case you need a reminder, I never said my car was some crazy fast sportscar, im just saying its surprisingly quick for what it is.

    As i recall youre the ones who started calling the GTP guys a bunch of high school idiots...

    Quote Originally Posted by turbo tecnica
    Also, if you have a Grand Prix, why is your username the engine code of a non-turbo Nissan 300ZX?
    VG30DE = non turbo 300zx engine

    VQ30DE = maxima engine

    see above for answer
    Last edited by vq30de; 11-13-2005 at 02:45 PM.

  12. #56
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,907
    congrats on having such moddable cars.

  13. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    congrats on having such moddable cars.
    congrats on thinking you have the coolest cars evAr made!

    oh on that topic, IIRC a stock EVO is faster than a stock STI, and theres a much larger aftermarket for the EVO...

  14. #58
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,907
    Hey I was paying you a compliment for having an easily moddable car, don't turn it around and be a complete prick about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by vq30de
    congrats on thinking you have the coolest cars evAr made!

    oh on that topic, IIRC a stock EVO is faster than a stock STI, and theres a much larger aftermarket for the EVO...

  15. #59
    Registered User IDAFC21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Avondale, AZ
    Posts
    1,386
    the e-tosterone is flowing heavily in this thread. i dont know who i feel more ashamed for right now, gtp owners or wrx owners. my car goes faster straight!! my car turns better!! my car has a better interior!! i can fit 7 adults in my car!!! my car whines!! my car hisses!!! you suck!! no, youre stupid!!! WAH WAH WAH!!!! cripes.

  16. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    I like your white rims on your maxima, looks beautiful man. Did she run 9's or 8's?
    Also why did you never answer my question bout buying a ss or z28 camaro? Cant handle it?
    Uncle Lewie
    Why not? because im not a redneck? how about you read my last post where i explained why i got a gtp...
    Im a broke ass college student, i have no payments on my car, insurance is dirt cheap, and its a bigger car...

    And i didnt have the white rims, that was from when my friend owned the car. I had it with the gunmetal rims. I aint no ricer

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •