Stage 2 vrs 02 vette covt.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 vrs 02 vette covt. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally got to play around with my dad and his vette yesterday. We were getting on the hwy on ramp. ...

Stage 2 vrs 02 vette covt.

Finally got to play around with my dad and his vette yesterday. We were getting on the hwy on ramp. He was in front of me. He made the turn and waited for me then we hit it! He pulled about a half car length and then we stayed even till about 80 mph when we let off due to traffic. That was it. He is a stick too! I was surprised especially since I got my silencer in my exhaust tip. I asked him once we got to Penn Station "were you flooring it earlier?" He said what I expexted "Naw". My dad lies man! Either he was flooring it, or his o2 sensor took a sh*t I think I pissed him off. He is seriously talking supercharger too for his next mod. If he gets that I'm so toasted. I know that if we had run to 100 he surely woud have pulled me. It was fun though. Man these stg 2's are really quick.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good run.

I had similar results with my stage 2 against a 02 SS last night.

Yeah stg 2 isn't unbeatable, but it's hard to beat too. It's like another car has to be seriously fast to beat one, and that's exactly what I want in a daily driver. I am very happy with it. Of course every now and then I still think about even more powaaa......muuuuuhhhaaaaahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Yeah stg 2 isn't unbeatable, but it's hard to beat too. It's like another car has to be seriously fast to beat one...
    Just how fast other car has to be in order to beat stage 2 WRX? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    Oh I don't know....Mach 2 or 3 or something like that

I Support ClubWRX
    Something with say... oh I don't know.... an LS6 might be fast enough
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Something with say... oh I don't know.... an LS6 might be fast enough
    Maybe......

Faster than mid 13's, and trapping higher than 100, so decently fast in the mix of todays common street cars...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Yes, anything past 80mph and especially when you shift into 4th gear he would have pulled away from you hard. But most races on the street are over by 80mph, so have fun.
    By the way I ran a 13.3 @ 100 mph in my Stage 2 WRX. I beat plenty of LS1 Vettes at the track with just a stage 2 setup. Just don't try racing an LS1 on the highway or it will get ugly fast.

I have a stage 2 and I would have expected to be slaughtered. Very surprising.
    I guess that's the nature of our cars, in the right spot they're strong, and in the wrong spot it's slow as hell. A corvette can just pick up and go when it wants to.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Faster than mid 13's, and trapping higher than 100, so decently fast in the mix of todays common street cars...
    Cool, thanks for the stright up response. The other two guys' responses made it sound like it would run mid 12s trapping 115+ mph.

Cool, thanks for the stright up response. The other two guys' responses made it sound like it would run mid 12s trapping 115+ mph.
    Come on man! Really..... 12's 115mph? Stg2? Maybe in space with a rocket mounted to the trunk!
    Or NOS!

Careful, I beat an SRT-8 2 days ago from a dig w/my stg2 but from a roll at about 40mph an Acura TL got me (I also didn't shift down, I just didn't expect that from a TL).
    02' Blk, Wagon, Cobb Stg. 2

Quote Originally Posted by drew888
    Careful, I beat an SRT-8 2 days ago from a dig w/my stg2 but from a roll at about 40mph an Acura TL got me (I also didn't shift down, I just didn't expect that from a TL).
    Those TL-S, aren't so bad, with that vtec, they aren't bad from a roll.....
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.