racing a modded GTI tonight.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on racing a modded GTI tonight. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have no idea what year it is or his mods, his buddy will not tell. I'll post the results ...

racing a modded GTI tonight.

I have no idea what year it is or his mods, his buddy will not tell.

I'll post the results up tonight or tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It was a 04 GTI with a **** load of mods. New tranny some huge turbo he called a S2 running 22psi. And he had his car stripped down to 2650lbs. Needless to say he walked me by 4 cars twice from 2nd to 4th.

But we ran from a dig and I was 6-8 cars ahead and he was still spinning his tires and had just moved off the line and then he gave up. I was so far ahead I had to ask him if he even tried and he said I took off like a rocket. He might have caught me by 140mph.

But the biggest surprise of the night was a 02 Camaro SS 6spd that ran with us. He had a 230lbs passenger and I was by my self.

Anyway first run 3rd from 55mph to 100mph and he only pulled a 1/4 car. And then we went again from 50mph to 90mph and we were even. I was scratching my head at how I was keeping up with his car.

Then we went again one more time from 2nd at 40mph. He jumped me by a half car and pulled about 1.5 cars on me until the end of 3rd 90mph.

How did I keep up with AP stage 2 93 oct making 17psi in all gears, IC hoses, no cats, open DP, short shifter.

My car my be running very well I guess? I didn't get to race him from a dig but it was 45 degrees so I probably would have pulled on him of the line.

Also this wasn't a stock SS, I know it has at least catback and intake. I know the guy and spoke with him after and he was giving it all he had and he knows how to drive he auotx the SS and has dragged it before.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.