06 Eclipse GT does down + ricer in 90s Neon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 Eclipse GT does down + ricer in 90s Neon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on my home and I see a car come flying up behind me and gives me the ricer ...

06 Eclipse GT does down + ricer in 90s Neon

I was on my home and I see a car come flying up behind me and gives me the ricer fly bye. So I give it bit of gas to catch up with him and I can see he's trying to stay ahead of me. So I down shift and give him a ricer fly bye and see if he tries to catch up which he does. Then I see a black Neon in front of me with a fart can and he pulls over to the side in a 3 lane road to line up with us. So we go in 2nd gear at about 40mph, by the end of 2nd I had 3-4 cars and then put it in 3rd and shut down at about 80mph 6+ cars ahead.

I slow down as my turn is coming up and he blows by me and then about 5 seconds later I see the Neon come flying by trying to catch up with the Eclipse weaving through traffic.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User CyberneticEmcee's Avatar

So true

That happens every time to me. Ever since the STI's and EVO's came out people are not afraid of the wrx's any more. I have a stage 4 so I always wonder why the hell do they even try me. My Intercooler takes up most of my front bumper, and you hear my turbo spooling up far away. So if you are driving a N/A car why would you even try to race a turbo car. They are getting balls in these gas saving cars. They add an exhaust and try to run all the high power cars down. I have stage 4 but when I see a MK4 on the street I move the hell over. I know when it's gonna be a roast.

It's funny because all these people with SRT's are telling me I should have gotten the SRT4. NEVER!!!! I like the mean look at has on the front bumper but it still looks and is a neon. Good race. I am in chicago and all these people are buying grandprixs and putting Exhaust cans on them with clear taillights, gauges, and one guy even had a POWERED BY VTEC decal on it from autozone it looks like. How wanna be import is that?

I like american muscle, but keep it real. If you have a american domestic keep it domestic. That is like me getting a truck throwing one of those huge wings and coffee cans on the back with a decal saying STI on it. Is it just me seeing cars like this?
    Catch me in Chicago playin Biggie. The greatest emcee ever

Quote Originally Posted by CyberneticEmcee
    That happens every time to me. Ever since the STI's and EVO's came out people are not afraid of the wrx's any more. I have a stage 4 so I always wonder why the hell do they even try me. My Intercooler takes up most of my front bumper, and you hear my turbo spooling up far away. So if you are driving a N/A car why would you even try to race a turbo car. They are getting balls in these gas saving cars. They add an exhaust and try to run all the high power cars down. I have stage 4 but when I see a MK4 on the street I move the hell over. I know when it's gonna be a roast.

It's funny because all these people with SRT's are telling me I should have gotten the SRT4. NEVER!!!! I like the mean look at has on the front bumper but it still looks and is a neon. Good race. I am in chicago and all these people are buying grandprixs and putting Exhaust cans on them with clear taillights, gauges, and one guy even had a POWERED BY VTEC decal on it from autozone it looks like. How wanna be import is that?

I like american muscle, but keep it real. If you have a american domestic keep it domestic. That is like me getting a truck throwing one of those huge wings and coffee cans on the back with a decal saying STI on it. Is it just me seeing cars like this?
    My car is stage 2 93oct no cats with a few extras running a open midpipe. So it's loud as hell. I've got people trying to race me all the time since I took off the stock axleback.

But your right no one thinks anything of the WRX anymore. It feels like I'm driving the next DSM you never know when your going to run into a fast one.

Exactly

All of my STI friends became my friends by EGO's. They met me at street lights like look at this guy with the STI wing. Watch me kill him is what they say. Light hits green. Surprise!!!! I'm off. They try their best to keep up and use that I was atleast 4 cars away thing or I slipped on the clutch. What ever! I tell that till this day. They all pulled me over and joined my team. It makes you proud to have a lower line car and beating a high line.

I am in chicago and all these people are buying grandprixs and putting Exhaust cans on them with clear taillights, gauges, and one guy even had a POWERED BY VTEC decal on it from autozone it looks like. How wanna be import is that?

Nope I see these cars too. about a month or 2 ago I saw an old nissan sentra with a HUGE dodge logo decal thing that took like 40-50% of his rear windshield. Oh yeah and I almost forgot about the dudes with the chrome trim on the side of the car, the chrome windshield wipers, and some nike decals on the side of the car as well as the front and back windshields........... That's right I said NIKE DECAL!!!!.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

For Realz

I hate that. This guy did it to the 300C. He was Latino. I wanted to slap him twice and rip them off. Instead I just pointed and laughed. He looked at me and just kept rolling foward to get away. He was sittin on what seemed to be 22's I was like sweet till I saw that. Nasty. I see them in schaumburg a lot with that nike decal, the big praying hands, the virgin mary, dodge ram logo. One bastard had a Saturn and had the nerve to put the rear WRX emblem on his car. I was like what a fool. My wife could not stop laughing.

Is it just me seeing cars like this?
    I saw a Chevy HHR and an Impala, on different days, but both with Nissan's GT-R badge on them. (And no, I am not joking in the least)
    -Taz
    Blobeye Syndicate #77

"Understeer is when you´re scared...
    Oversteer is when your passengers are scared"

See

I thought I was the only one. See I am a firm believer in be happy with what you have. Unless you really are modifying it to be whatever decal you are showing. Like I had the Type R emblem on my 02 civic. I actually had the DC5 in my car. Turbo'd to. It was great Except one problem. I ended up being 6'3 with a coup. And wife gave the great news that we finally were having a baby. So I got the WRX since buddies at the shop are so great to me with giving me parts and selling the more expensive ones for cheap to me. I only put on the wing because I am on the expressway a lot. And that wing comes in handy on those windy days and nest to those 18 wheelers. That is the only thing STI on my car. I have the side things for the front bumper but deciding should I put on or not. Just for aerodynamics. Other wise there are no STI decals anywhere on my car. My friend wants me to put them on. He has a STI, I said I know your STI brothers are gonna call me a biter.

: Is it just me seeing cars like this?[/QUOTE]

I have seen civics w/ BMW "M" badges on them.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

weird

A few months ago I saw a non-hemi Ram parked at the gas station with a type-R badge on it. I took a pick to post, but My cell phone is crappy, so the pic was too far away and you couldn't see it.

Sucks

I would have really loved to see that.

I spotted a 03 Cobra ornamented with gold trim doors, trunk and fenders. The car was totally bizarre looking. I glimpse over at the driver, and "BAM" a full-sized Latin chick smiled back at me. Her smile almost blinded me. The young lady had more gold in her mouth than Fort Knox. I kept telling myself “WHY just WHY do my people feel the need to do this to their rides and mouths”
    Last edited by Drod; 11-10-2005 at 12:10 PM.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

i saw a Ford F-150 with a badge on the side that said "VTEC Tuning". It was silver with orange racing stripes and a wing.

Quote Originally Posted by STI-51
    : Is it just me seeing cars like this?

I have seen civics w/ BMW "M" badges on them.

I just saw the same thing the other day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast