smoked a Porsche GT3? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on smoked a Porsche GT3? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Flex What? Why is the cop lazy? Because he cut him a break and didnt arrest him ...

Quote Originally Posted by Flex
    What? Why is the cop lazy? Because he cut him a break and didnt arrest him or impound his car?

No cause his fat ass was prob sittin waiting for something like that to happen hahah. You know what i don't get is why the fu** do cops sit at stop signs and just wait for someone to roll it at 4 mph, seriously i know people who deal drugs, and are honestly menaces to society atleast you can go after something serious instead of people rolling stop signs. I hate pigs.

Yea anyway back on topic, Porches are like great kills cause it pretty much proves which boxer motor is the better, atleast thats how i view it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Okonkowo

No cause his fat ass was prob sittin waiting for something like that to happen hahah. You know what i don't get is why the fu** do cops sit at stop signs and just wait for someone to roll it at 4 mph, seriously i know people who deal drugs, and are honestly menaces to society atleast you can go after something serious instead of people rolling stop signs. I hate pigs.
    Haha, very mature.

For your peace of mind, Ill teach you some things about law enforcement.

Im a cop, and far from fat. In fact short of bragging, I take pride in my fitness and strength. Alas, I see you seem to be following some misguided cliche about all cops, so Ill let that go.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "why dont you go catch real criminals!?" My favorite time hearing this was coming from a guy who just beat up his girlfriend and was caught with drugs in his pocket.

As for waiting at stop signs for people to roll by at 4mph, well, I've never clocked somebody going through a stop sign with a radar/lidar, but its safe to safe I wait past 4mph to even consider pulling someone over. It takes other circumstances to be able to articulate if its dangerous or not, leading to one of the two reasons why cops sit there in the first place.

1) Voluntary complaince: most people actually pay attention to the officer sitting in his marked cruiser and realize, oh maybe they should obey the law because they could cause a crash otherwise. Crazy thought huh?
    2) Read carefully because you were wondering about those drug dealers: Traffic stops are one of the two best ways to catch "bad people". Whether it be drug dealers and seizing those drugs, or people wanted for murder, robbery, or any number of things. I can't tell you how many people I've arrested for various reasons. My favorite, locking up a guy who was wanted for raping his daughter.

As for you knowing people who deal drugs and being a menace to society, why dont YOU do something and help your local law enforcement agency to go after those people. Shame on you for blaming someone else for your own misactions.

"Pigs" as you put it, at least the ones I work with love working valid tips and helping get bad people off the streets and to where they belong. Drop the negative attitude and name calling, and help your police department do what they are there for.

i recognise your ire at the 'pig' remark, but lets be intellectually honest.

1: people don't usually meet police officer intentionally...
    2: and that it is ENTIRELY likely you get 'profiled' for whatever the cop thinks is 'too young' or 'fast looking...'
    3: and that a cop is generally NOT interested in anything you have to say after pulling you over for an alleged traffic violation if you meet the last contingency.

I got a violation myself for rolling through a stop sign. Only I didn't roll it, i stopped completely every time because its a neighborhood and its a blind intersection. However, I was driving a white convertible mustang and I was 19. The cop busted my chops the whole time, and I fought it in court and lost because a cops word is apparently worth more than mine. Nevermind the mustang was a v-6, and was handicapped modified (my sisters), and the cop was clearly in a different age bracket than I and very condescending at the scene.

All of this may be anecdotal evidence, and Zippy not tipping off who a drug dealer is not an indicator of strong character, but I think you need to expect to wade through a little bull**** considering how much latitude you guys get especially in court against individuals.

I certainly don't feel the need to #@!$ on you or any cops in general, but I sure as hell understand that many cops don't do JACK to improve perceptions. Granted, it may not be their job to, but then they shouldn't whine about perceptions in the next sentence either.

posts like this make me glad I didn't get black or red, or a spolier.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

I've had some good and bad experiences with the po-po.

One drunk called in driving through a pretty quiet town, cop was on him in 120 seconds (literally). 5 officers eventually came, guy was taken away.

Another drunk called in, this time in a pretty crime-ridden city. Followed the drunk (who ran off the road, onto a sidewalk, and back onto the road, this being my cue that he was drunk) for about 10 minutes while on the phone with a 911 operator. Police never did a thing. Wrote to the department, got a lecture on talking on my cell phone while driving and following a drunk driver. On this one the Lt. said he had no available units (I saw a unit go through an intersection to back up a lone officer who was investigating a house that had a rock through its window) and sent out a BOLO. I've been considering further action on this as I think it's unacceptable that the police can't get a drunk driver who ran off the road.

Called in some menacing kids in another quiet town, police on them in about 5 minutes (this time not an emergency like a drunk).

I respect most police officers and have only been pulled over a few times. Once I was with my girlfriend dropping her off at home and the guy was questioning where I was coming from. He essentially told me I was lying about the fact that I pulled out of my neighborhood, that guy had issues. Then he says he pulled me over because my rear license plate illumination light was out. Instead of just asking me to fix it, he says, out of nowhere, "You can either fix that bulb for about $2 or I can write you a $100 ticket." That was unnecessary.

Another time I got pulled over for doing doughnuts, that cop said he was fine with doing doughtnuts, just was checking because the school had been vandalized earlier that week.

Anyway, that's a summary of my police involvement. Usually my involvement is calling in drunks. I've done that several times, because I really hate drunk drivers. I just can't stand a department that doesn't care about drunks.

Dno why I typed this, but here it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

I Support ClubWRX
    I get such a kick out of the people here who hate cops because they have to obey traffic laws

Kan: Its a shame anyone would be afraid to help make their community (community policing) a better place to be, regardless of their perception of the officer. If someone came into the station and gave me information to make an arrest like that, I would eat it up.

And as for whining, I guess that perception is up to the receiving party.

TN: Its unfortunate that not all drunk drivers can be taken from the streets, unfortunately, officers cant clear felony calls (if the house was occupied) with the possibility of violence for possible DUI's. Sometimes they can depending on the case theyre on, and especially with someone able to follow that driver, thats an easy case usually (though not everyone agrees its safe for civilians to follow anyone).

Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Kanchou
    i recognise your ire at the 'pig' remark, but lets be intellectually honest.

1: people don't usually meet police officer intentionally...
    2: and that it is ENTIRELY likely you get 'profiled' for whatever the cop thinks is 'too young' or 'fast looking...'
    3: and that a cop is generally NOT interested in anything you have to say after pulling you over for an alleged traffic violation if you meet the last contingency.

I got a violation myself for rolling through a stop sign. Only I didn't roll it, i stopped completely every time because its a neighborhood and its a blind intersection. However, I was driving a white convertible mustang and I was 19. The cop busted my chops the whole time, and I fought it in court and lost because a cops word is apparently worth more than mine. Nevermind the mustang was a v-6, and was handicapped modified (my sisters), and the cop was clearly in a different age bracket than I and very condescending at the scene.

All of this may be anecdotal evidence, and Zippy not tipping off who a drug dealer is not an indicator of strong character, but I think you need to expect to wade through a little bull**** considering how much latitude you guys get especially in court against individuals.

I certainly don't feel the need to #@!$ on you or any cops in general, but I sure as hell understand that many cops don't do JACK to improve perceptions. Granted, it may not be their job to, but then they shouldn't whine about perceptions in the next sentence either.

posts like this make me glad I didn't get black or red, or a spolier.

Haha, very mature.

For your peace of mind, Ill teach you some things about law enforcement.

Im a cop, and far from fat. In fact short of bragging, I take pride in my fitness and strength. Alas, I see you seem to be following some misguided cliche about all cops, so Ill let that go.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "why dont you go catch real criminals!?" My favorite time hearing this was coming from a guy who just beat up his girlfriend and was caught with drugs in his pocket.

As for waiting at stop signs for people to roll by at 4mph, well, I've never clocked somebody going through a stop sign with a radar/lidar, but its safe to safe I wait past 4mph to even consider pulling someone over. It takes other circumstances to be able to articulate if its dangerous or not, leading to one of the two reasons why cops sit there in the first place.

1) Voluntary complaince: most people actually pay attention to the officer sitting in his marked cruiser and realize, oh maybe they should obey the law because they could cause a crash otherwise. Crazy thought huh?
    2) Read carefully because you were wondering about those drug dealers: Traffic stops are one of the two best ways to catch "bad people". Whether it be drug dealers and seizing those drugs, or people wanted for murder, robbery, or any number of things. I can't tell you how many people I've arrested for various reasons. My favorite, locking up a guy who was wanted for raping his daughter.

As for you knowing people who deal drugs and being a menace to society, why dont YOU do something and help your local law enforcement agency to go after those people. Shame on you for blaming someone else for your own misactions.

"Pigs" as you put it, at least the ones I work with love working valid tips and helping get bad people off the streets and to where they belong. Drop the negative attitude and name calling, and help your police department do what they are there for.
    Ah well yea i guess your right. Its just the Police here in where I live are really kind of a joke. One night on my way home at around 1130, I see 8 cops all waiting at different corners of the same stop sign intersection. Then the girl in front of me rolled it at like 5mph and the cop like burned rubber after her. I do agree some cops are wayyyy chill cuz there is this one cop that has pulled me over so many times for non traffic violations that i talk to and he is tellin me bout how he has a 450hp 05 mustang. As for the ME doing something about the drug dealers or menace to society.... Im not gonna snitch on anybody. Some of the cops i have encountered are cool, but like very few. I have no place to call all police "pigs" and i apoligize but i can still call the one that gave me a ticket for crossing a solid white line at 2mph cuz i figured out i needed to be in a turning lane at 1 in the morning on my way home, when there was like NOBODY at all but him there. I'm still in traffic school cuz of the guy. I was being so honest and nice to him i don't know what his problem was. oh yeah he also got like 4 cops to come to the scene jsut for me, what is up with that im a 17 yr old tryin to get home from my friends house, very polite to him and he calls back 4! cops on me? I understand you guys need back up incase but im not that big of a threat am i?
    Last edited by Okonkowo; 11-25-2005 at 09:45 AM.

Kan: Its a shame anyone would be afraid to help make their community (community policing) a better place to be, regardless of their perception of the officer. If someone came into the station and gave me information to make an arrest like that, I would eat it up.

And as for whining, I guess that perception is up to the receiving party.
    ...if someone feels regularly mis-treated or wronged by police, then in their mind they have no assurance that cops are doing their job when they get the tough time and the drug dealer or the soccer mom who WAS speeding (or just speeding more)goes off scott free.

You can see how if someone feels that way, they aren't likely to call police because they'll probably get a rough time too. TacticalNuke's story illustrates this, and it also speaks to , cops covering other cops and don't respond well to ANYone not a cop who questions their job performance.(despite the fact they're civil servants.)

We have a City of Atlanta cop who worked at the airport CAUGHT ON TAPE slamming a little old lady around & to the ground because the cop had a kinipshin fit about her stopping in the loading/unloading lane. He's still working.

Cops do a tough job. But, jerky-cops on traffic stops don't encourage much empathy, tho, and thats the face most suburban people see when thinking of cops.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

No skin off my back, Id like for people to have the right impression about police work. Speaking honestly, I have been a jerk to some people. Its necessary sometimes to accomplish a task at a job. Its also an unfortunate side effect that joe public who only encounters a police officer on a traffic stop sometimes gets the raw end of the deal leaving a sour taste of law enforcement.

At least in Virginia, we take an oath to protect and serve. If you have a question of concern for an officer just approach them with that in mind. We're all normal people like you, we just wear different clothes for work.

when my friends and I were down in South Padre last spring, we came back from some bars in mexico and there were two guys breaking into cars with a piece of rebar. I got the license plate number of their explorer and gave it to an officer along with a description of the people and he said he would call it in. An hr later i called the police dispatch and talked to them and apparently he hadn't felt the need to call it in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.