my R32 vs. SRT4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on my R32 vs. SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I personally like the M3 over the M5 it looks so much nicer... its like pratically the perfect compromise of ...

I personally like the M3 over the M5 it looks so much nicer... its like pratically the perfect compromise of a car.

while the new M5 is great, no doubt about it... its better to impress someone you dont knwo with it... *heads turn* is that an M5?!

ya, I guess thats a hard choice. Id save my money and get the M3 though... the new M3 is supposd to use the old M5's engine in it... 400 hp M3... rawr.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    I personally like the M3 over the M5 it looks so much nicer... its like pratically the perfect compromise of a car.

while the new M5 is great, no doubt about it... its better to impress someone you dont knwo with it... *heads turn* is that an M5?!

ya, I guess thats a hard choice. Id save my money and get the M3 though... the new M3 is supposd to use the old M5's engine in it... 400 hp M3... rawr.
    i know, im looking into getting a used one soon though. i think the m3 look sexier, but the m5 looks more grownup with the grownup power ~400hp. I almost got a c32 amg last week but i think i want the bimmer a little more than that mercedes.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    we ran from a roll, and he would pull slightly on me. I think he was stock. Then, we get to a red light and we did it from a stop, hehehe, i had a good 2.5 cars ahead at 70mph when i left off. the at the next light we talked for a bit, got off pretty easy, and he floors it at 5mph and i do the same thing. he was about 1/2 car ahead, i easily bring it down to even, and in the third gear shift, i loose about 1/2 a car on him, and he is still pulling but before he shifted (where i would have gained a bit), i just let off.
    aren't you modded with intake, exhaust, and reflash in your R32
    An R32 with those mods should be walking all over SRT4's from both a dig and a roll. You should be trapping a solid 103mph or so while the SRT4 is lagging behind at about 98/99mph.

but this weekend, i will be looking at used (2002-2003)c32 amg, (2001-2003)M3 and (2000-2002)M5. They all around around 28-35K and looking in getting rid of the R32 and 530i (plus money left over). I think im sticking with M's, but i dont know which one to take... m3 or m5. what do u guys think?
    This is all you man. While the C32 AMG is a badass car (as are all AMG's) the lack of a manual transmission and the questionable reliability would having moving towards the M cars. As for the M3 vs M5, I would personally take the M5 HANDS DOWN. The M5 is the perfect car IMO. You have 4doors, large amounts of room, top of the line luxury, phenominal fit and finish, great handling, and obviously 400hp through a smooth 6spd manual transmission. The M3 is a bit more sexier because of its stance and 2door, and although there is not a huge speed difference because the M5 weighs more... I just think the overall package the M5 has is great.

I really do not think you will go wrong with either car though.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    An R32 with those mods should be walking all over SRT4's from both a dig and a roll. You should be trapping a solid 103mph or so while the SRT4 is lagging behind at about 98/99mph.

This is all you man. While the C32 AMG is a badass car (as are all AMG's) the lack of a manual transmission and the questionable reliability would having moving towards the M cars. As for the M3 vs M5, I would personally take the M5 HANDS DOWN. The M5 is the perfect car IMO. You have 4doors, large amounts of room, top of the line luxury, phenominal fit and finish, great handling, and obviously 400hp through a smooth 6spd manual transmission. The M3 is a bit more sexier because of its stance and 2door, and although there is not a huge speed difference because the M5 weighs more... I just think the overall package the M5 has is great.

I really do not think you will go wrong with either car though.
    Plus the M5 sounds meaner than **** with a proper exhaust set-up. Whereas the M3 sounds way too tinny IMHO.

i know, im looking into getting a used one soon though. i think the m3 look sexier, but the m5 looks more grownup with the grownup power ~400hp. I almost got a c32 amg last week but i think i want the bimmer a little more than that mercedes.
    M3 or M5 is win win. M5 looks nicer from a social perspective. M3 looks better from an asethetic perspective.. its friggin beautiful.

either way you're gonna have an amazing car. lucky you.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

lol... you do know that MOST SRT's trap 100-103 stock right???..... theres even been a couple 105 bone stock ACR's. Not to mention a lil spring mod and there trappin 104-106. So its really tough to tell whether there stock anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister 2
    lol... you do know that MOST SRT's trap 100-103 stock right???..... theres even been a couple 105 bone stock ACR's. Not to mention a lil spring mod and there trappin 104-106. So its really tough to tell whether there stock anymore.
    exactly. we didnt really play that much from a roll, just once and i was in the wrong gear and wasnt really caring too much. its from a stop that i creamed him but i slowed down because i was afraid of cops. from a roll, we did it at a 5mph roll, and he floored it before me, and i was on him the whole time, i gained the first two shifts but then i let off, but i was still like a fender and a half back. i dont know if he was completely stock or not, but all i knew for sure was he had tint all around

as for the m3 vs. m5. I would personally rather get m5, and i think im going for that now, if i can get them to lower the price. its at 37995 the one by my house and it has 50K miles and is a 2001. if they can lower it, i may get it... plus it has angel eyes, newer nicer navigation, and brushed aluminum... and trust me, i wish i had 4 doors again... compared to the R32.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister 2
    Hmmmm

All the SRT4's I have seen at the track were trapping like 99mph with one doing 100mph stock. I dont really doubt they are capable of 103mph traps though. I drove my buddies stock SRT4 and uptop it felt pretty similar and even a tad faster than my wrx which trapped at 100mph.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

This remindes me of another post

e46 m3 vs. my r32
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

you guys think m5 is sexier than the m3?
    I prefer the M3 over the M5. Maybe M5 if you are over 50.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

bump that..the M5 is pwnage...
    So Cal F4 # 10

Our project car owns.. Im driving it home from work today in fact. =)
    Last edited by enash99; 12-15-2005 at 08:21 AM.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    Our project car owns.. Im driving it home from work today in fact. =)
    omg its so beautiful!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

M3 cuts like a knife, and BMW makes excellent six cylinders.

was never a big fan of BMW V8's, and M5's are porky; not as nimble as M3.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    M3 cuts like a knife, and BMW makes excellent six cylinders.

was never a big fan of BMW V8's, and M5's are porky; not as nimble as M3.
    but a porky 4 door v8 capable of high 12's @ 108+ stock is amazing.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast