raced a 03 cobra S/C
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on raced a 03 cobra S/C within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a chance to race a cobra since he was calling me out, so i did. I already know ...

raced a 03 cobra S/C

I had a chance to race a cobra since he was calling me out, so i did. I already know that i would lose but i just had to know what my stage 2 can do.

Here we go, My buddy counts down 3,2,1, GO!!!! I get a good launch with little wheel spin. As the cobra just spins but catches on. I get a good 2-3 cars on him has i went from 1-2 shift, distance still the same from 2-3 shift, but near end of 3rd the cobra comes up quick and right at my 3-4 shift he passes me like i was standing still. Cobra puts 2-3 cars on me with ease. I know i would lose to top end, but oh well it was fun.

As mods goes for this Cobra all he had was intake, exhaust, and maybe pulley also.
    I think i held up pretty good against the S/C cobra.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am also stage 2 (TurboXS EM, Uppipe, TBE apexi N1, lighten flywheel and an assortment of other mods in and out..) I ran and 03 from a dig and from about 30-40mph accross an open bridge at 4 am. Lets say I had about 3-4 cars on him at the top of second by the top of third around 100-105 he had 2 cars on me easily and pulling like a mofo. I am not a fan of stangs but damn that car is sick fast. I also ran into one early one morning, I was cruising accross another bridge going to work real early. I was way out in front of traffic as we started accross the bridge I was running about 90 and i noticed him jump out from behind traffic into a clear lane and his head lights looked like the stood straight up, now i was atleast an 1/8th mile ahead and instantly went WOT and in a matter of less than 10 secs he passed me with enuf force to suck me into his lane a little bit. I was doing 135 and when i got to the other side he told me that he was doing 175 when he passed me.. just sick..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    I am also stage 2 (TurboXS EM, Uppipe, TBE apexi N1, lighten flywheel and an assortment of other mods in and out..) I ran and 03 from a dig and from about 30-40mph accross an open bridge at 4 am. Lets say I had about 3-4 cars on him at the top of second by the top of third around 100-105 he had 2 cars on me easily and pulling like a mofo. I am not a fan of stangs but damn that car is sick fast. I also ran into one early one morning, I was cruising accross another bridge going to work real early. I was way out in front of traffic as we started accross the bridge I was running about 90 and i noticed him jump out from behind traffic into a clear lane and his head lights looked like the stood straight up, now i was atleast an 1/8th mile ahead and instantly went WOT and in a matter of less than 10 secs he passed me with enuf force to suck me into his lane a little bit. I was doing 135 and when i got to the other side he told me that he was doing 175 when he passed me.. just sick..
    WHOA!!!!! 175mph is crazy. I wish subbies could go that fast with minimal mods.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

Quote Originally Posted by subyguy
    WHOA!!!!! 175mph is crazy. I wish subbies could go that fast with minimal mods.

I dont think I would ever want to go that fast in a subie, I have been close to that in my friends 02 M5 but the subie I just dont think I would have the "secure" feeling at 175.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    I dont think I would ever want to go that fast in a subie, I have been close to that in my friends 02 M5 but the subie I just dont think I would have the "secure" feeling at 175.

agreed, I didn't have stock suspension and wouldn't want to go over 120 in my suby.

good job against the snake sounded like fun,,,

I have done 120 in my subie and dont think I want to take it farther than that
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Humm

1. I still need to a run a stock S/C Cobra. I don't know any nice people locally expect for one guy but he blew his intake gasket the week before we were supposed to run.

2. The STI feels great a 150mph ... the fast it goes, the more stable it felt.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

, At a point on the highway were my sube (vf34) would reach 120mph, my mustang would reach well over 150mph. No comparison in 3rd and 4th gears. Now with the 18g and alky injection......its alittle closer, but still FAR from a 400+whp rwd car. But i like the suby better
    Besides, keeping up with a cobra from 0-atleast 60ish is all you usualy need to do on the street. Most quick fun runs are not over that...imo.
    I'm gonna be mad if it turns out to be TWill in a wig..
    www.xoticmotorsports.com
    www.guysracing.org

True, going triple digits on the street is damn stupid.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    , At a point on the highway were my sube (vf34) would reach 120mph, my mustang would reach well over 150mph. No comparison in 3rd and 4th gears. Now with the 18g and alky injection......its alittle closer, but still FAR from a 400+whp rwd car. But i like the suby better
    Besides, keeping up with a cobra from 0-atleast 60ish is all you usualy need to do on the street. Most quick fun runs are not over that...imo.

I agree with you, I like the short quick runs up to around 80 (which is still stupid but when there isnt anyone in front of me to jockey around.....game on). I normally dont go over that. Just not safe to do with out the proper setup to your car and the proper environment that doesnt include soccer moms with a load of kids heading to a soccer game. I get sooo pissed when i see people in traffic cutting people off and hauling a$$ and taking other lives to chance with their stupidity.
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    <---- 190

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    <---- 190

wh0re
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Good effort against the Cobra, he probably just had intake and exhaust, good for 400 rwhp. with the pulley and a tune that would bump him up another 50 hp at the very least, I would think that would be way more than 2 car lengths with 450+ rwhp on you subie. for example, on my car, a pulley, tune, cat back and intake netted me 110 rwhp and 110 rwtq. Before and after runs on the same Dyno.

As for the dude that did 175 in his Cobra. That is scary, I can't imagine that thing was stable at all. I got mine to 165 (stock) and that was bad. I got my STi to 145 and that felt like 60 mph in any other car, though.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I had a 03 Cobra for a brief period of time. I had to sell it to get my new house in Northern Virginia, but that car was fast. I raced a stage 2 WRX at the track and he had me to 80 MPH, then I pulled him hard. He ran a 13.6 1/4 and I ran a 12.7 @ 110. I loved the car and hated to part with it, but we needed a bigger house. Getting of the topic, but my wife has a 2005 Jeep with the 5.7 Hemi, and I have pulled many WRX's from 30 to 100 MPH.
    Last edited by Drod; 11-09-2005 at 10:51 AM.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Drod
    I had a 03 Cobra for a brief period of time. I had to sell it to get my new house in Northern Virginia, but that car was fast. I raced a stage 2 WRX at the track and he had me to 80 MPH, then I pulled him hard. He ran a 13.6 1/4 and I ran a 12.7 @ 110. I loved the car and hated to part with it, but we needed a bigger house. Getting of the topic, but my wife has a 2005 Jeep with the 5.7 Hemi, and I have pulled many WRX's from 30 to 100 MPH.
    Jeep is now offering the srt8 420hp(?) engine. The truck looks so nice and has i think , 20" wheels and some other goodies It is on the top of my new list of "want's"
    also, the trailblazer has an SS that offers the 400hp vett engine (awd also) and ford has a new sporttrac replacing the svt lightning= 400hp,awd, lighter and 4doors/4-5seating

Some nice choices out there soon.
    I'm gonna be mad if it turns out to be TWill in a wig..
    www.xoticmotorsports.com
    www.guysracing.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast