06 WRX vs. 06 Civic Si
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 WRX vs. 06 Civic Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just read a review... there are a couple other cars involved, but this is what stuck. The new Honda Civic ...

06 WRX vs. 06 Civic Si

Just read a review... there are a couple other cars involved, but this is what stuck. The new Honda Civic Si is FASTER than the new 2.5L 4 pot brake 17" wheel equipped WRX on the test track they used. 1/4 mile belongs to the WRX, but they have the same trap speeds... so that means they are evenly matched in horsepower, traction is the only difference. On top of that the Civic Si is supposed to be available for under $20,000 with a LSD and 6-speed tranny... and it will respond VERY WELL to basic bolt ons, as the RSX-S did... in my eyes, quite an extraordinary value. Should make for a great track, canyon, daily driver. (especially with touch screen navigation)
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What mag was this in?

im selling my wrx and getting a civiv si...is anyone else

Just think that as great as the new Civic Si will perform, we still won't get the Type R model that the rest of the world will.

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=333599

-Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

makes no difference if it is fast ,or could be fast. hondas have been tainted by years of monster tachs, oversized wings, ridiculous body kits,and even worse fart cans put on to a 1 1/2 " exhaust pipe. these could be the last cars on earth,and i would walk

I Support ClubWRX
    The Si is nice and I'm sure it's pretty quick, but there are significant differences between it and the WRX that make the choice easy for some. After coming from quick little Hondas myself, I still prefer the tank-like build quality, long-travel suspension, nice torque, and unflappable traction of AWD from teh Suby. Add some halfway decent tires to the Impreza, and it'll be whacking the Si in the road course test. As far as responding to basic mods, I think the Suby has it beat there, as well. The new '06 should be easily running with STIs with a simple Cobb Stage 2 setup for well under $1,000.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I just find it kind of funny that they are essentially offering the same car as the rsx-s, except a different body style, and for cheaper. They just stuck a rsx-s engine in it. What's kinda funny is that the civic si actually weighs a little more than the rsx-s.

So aside from seeing a never-ending stream of Scion tC's on the road, we'll probably see a never-ending stream of civic si's

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    What mag was this in?

^yeah that^

is it still FWD? ok enough said....
    LiFe Is ToOoOo ShOrT

i dont remember which mag... just got it though.. its either motortrend or automobile.

For a WRX to be making the same numbers as an STi... you need more than a Stage 2... on previous models, maxing out the stock turbo will net 220 ish... STi still makes more than that.

for those who do not understand what this engine is capable of with a few mods, get ready... an AEM intake on this thing nets nearly 20 hp at the wheels and 10 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels and its a very smooth gain, no large spike... header and exhaust will add big numbers as well... then reflash the car and you have just as much power as an STi... easily 240whp! no joke, and its got an LSD that makes all the difference in the world in traction! As long as you dont add a turbo kit, it will still handle.

Yeah its FWD, but with a factory LSD. RSX Type S didn't even have one. SO, its essentially better than that car. For those wanting big power with the ability to handle still, this isnt for you... but the power potential of the WRX is only slightly better... and it weighs quite a bit more.

I see it as a very nice option... ideal for track.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    i dont remember which mag... just got it though.. its either motortrend or automobile.

For a WRX to be making the same numbers as an STi... you need more than a Stage 2... on previous models, maxing out the stock turbo will net 220 ish... STi still makes more than that.

for those who do not understand what this engine is capable of with a few mods, get ready... an AEM intake on this thing nets nearly 20 hp at the wheels and 10 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels and its a very smooth gain, no large spike... header and exhaust will add big numbers as well... then reflash the car and you have just as much power as an STi... easily 240whp! no joke, and its got an LSD that makes all the difference in the world in traction! As long as you dont add a turbo kit, it will still handle.

Yeah its FWD, but with a factory LSD. RSX Type S didn't even have one. SO, its essentially better than that car. For those wanting big power with the ability to handle still, this isnt for you... but the power potential of the WRX is only slightly better... and it weighs quite a bit more.

I see it as a very nice option... ideal for track.
    With some simple bolt ons it can also look like this:

http://www.importtuner.com/features/..._civic14_z.jpg

Steve
    [COLOR=Navy]Steve in Minnesota
    '04 WRX Sport'n Wagon - PSM
    Drag Racing / Street Racing is for fast cars....Autocross is for fast drivers! COLOR]

i just read the si does the 0-60 in about 6.8 an the 1/4 mile in 15.1.... so its nothing really special.... but not bad i guess

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    240whp from Hondata/RH/I/E... Coming from a RSX myself and knowing a lot of guys with I/E/RH/#4 03/04s Type-S, you will NOT see 240whp with those mods on a 200hp 06 Civic. You might see 215-220whp. TODA cams might push you to 230-240whp. That's a lot of money, including tuning.

Here is a RSX-S with I/RH/E + tuning + Toda Cams:
    http://www.hondata.com/dynok20a2bigvalvehead.html

This isn't to say the 06 Si isn't going to be a great car but let's be a little more realistic here.
    2005 Aspen White STi

i read that article yesterday, i also don't remember which magazine it was. the cover had the new z4 coupe on it.
    the article compaired the 06 wrx, the si, jetta gli and the cobalt ss. they picked the si as an overall good bargain, which it is considering its just under 20K

what did they have for 1/4 mile time of wrx and trap speed? what did they have for 1/4 mile time and trap speed for civic si? mags suck. They cant drive cars apparently, they got some retard to drive the 450hp esx sti and it ran slower then a stock sti in the 1/4 mile. I wouldnt be surprised if the wrx trapped 97-98 like a legacy gt. They have been dynoing stock ones at 200whp, I find it hard to believe a civic si is trapping 97-98 mph. Best i've seen from the 2005 rsx type s was 14.9 @95. That is with a car that weighs less then the SI and has 10 hp less.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast