06 WRX vs. 06 Civic Si - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 WRX vs. 06 Civic Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; even though i currently drive a CRX, and LOVE hondas....that thing is really ugly i must admit. As an auto ...

even though i currently drive a CRX, and LOVE hondas....that thing is really ugly i must admit. As an auto enthusiast and not some biased chump, I'll still take a WRX over that. This concept only makes me want to get out of the Honda world even more.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Good data.
    still waiting for you to back up your claim.

waits.......

waits.......
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    you must not have really been pushing the limits then. We ALL know the RE92s are horrible. With some good tires, the WRX would do WAY better on a road course.
    You do not have to tell me how much the RE92's suck. I know better than anyone the perils of this tire. My point was simply that Dave made this ridiculous claim with no proof to back it that even though the Si beat out the wrx on the track, all that was needed were better tires on the wrx and the Si would have been "whacked". I find this hard to believe. While the RE92's suck as a tire all around, one of more bad aspects of them is the fast tire wear down, which is not an issue on the brand new wrx that was tested. The RE92's were new and upgraded from 16's to 17's and went from a 205 width to a 215 width. I drove an 06' on both the stockers and toyo proxes high performance all seasons. Yes, there was a difference in the stableness and turning grip of the car, but hardly creates the turn-around that Dave seems to be implying.
    A wrx would not go from considerably losing, to "whacking" the competition just by a simple tire change out.... Particularly new 92's with the upgraded sizes.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by spec2wrx
    im selling my wrx and getting a civiv si...is anyone else
    Peace
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    still waiting for you to back up your claim.

waits.......

waits.......
    Hold on, I'll be right back.

<flies out of Tucson, takes over Tire Rack's facilities, finds a new WRX and new Civic Si, prepares road course for test, hires crew, changes out multiple performance tires on WRX, hires driver for Si, completes test, reports back to a guy who applies a double standard of evidence vs. none for different claims>

Or maybe "whack" means that the WRX would have beat the time of the Si with nice tires?
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

<flies out of Tucson, takes over Tire Rack's facilities, finds a new WRX and new Civic Si, prepares road course for test, hires crew, changes out multiple performance tires on WRX, hires driver for Si, completes test, reports back to a guy who applies a double standard of evidence vs. none for different claims>

Or maybe "whack" means that the WRX would have beat the time of the Si with nice tires?

SNAP!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

The sarcasm in your post is thoroughly noted.... But perhaps you should not make such claims then if you cannot back them up with data or even personal experiences. You basically just took a random guess at what you "think" might happen, when never even driving nor having experience with a civic Si.
    I applaud you trying to turn this back around on me and make a joke of it with the above the post, but the fact that you made a claim with absolutely no knowledge pertaining to the subject still stands.

As for "whack"... I am not going to play a game of semantics with you, but one would generally assume that if two cars are racing and you use the term "whack" in reference to one beating the other I think you would find more people agreeing that "whacking" another car would presumably mean beating it by a considerable amount.
    And even further, this is about beating or not beating. The civic Si beat the wrx around the track by a decent amount, yet you "assume" that if the wrx were given better tires it would beat the Si. Now I understand you do not have access to a civic si, a race track, and new tires for a wrx... but perhaps then you should not be making such claims
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Now I understand you do not have access to a civic si, a race track, and new tires for a wrx... but perhaps then you should not be making such claims
    I have driven two 06 wrx's. one on stock 215's and another on 225 high performance all seasons and the difference was not that great.

I'm done here.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

I'm done here.
    lol @ you still not explaining your claim, but.....

whatever helps you sleep at night my friend
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Let's see:

My claim = RE92s significantly limit grip and cornering speed. The Civic beat the WRX around the track by a small margin. The margin would be made up for and exceeded if the WRX had proper rubber.

And you disagree because "uh I kinda drove a WRX wtih 10mm wider tires than stock and I sort of guess that it wasn't a big difference, therefore the Civic is teh fasterest"?

Let's bury this.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

Let's see:

My claim = RE92s significantly limit grip and cornering speed. The Civic beat the WRX around the track by a small margin. The margin would be made up for and exceeded if the WRX had proper rubber.

And you disagree because "uh I kinda drove a WRX wtih 10mm wider tires than stock and I sort of guess that it wasn't a big difference, therefore the Civic is teh fasterest"?

Let's bury this.
    Yes, I would be more than happy to bury this, but not before correcting you on the misconceptions you have about my original post. The civic beat the wrx around the track. You made a claim (without data to back it up) that the wrx would have "whacked" the civic around the track had the wrx been wearing "halfway decent tires" (I am quoting verbatim, mind you).
    My point was simply that while I do not have specific test data on how the wrx would have performed with better tires, I did drive an 06' on the stock RE92's 17"/215 quite a few times, and then a couple more times while on 17"/225 Toyo Proxes (which are actually better than "halfway decent") and the there was not a huge difference or even that "great" of a difference in handling.
    While I admit that the handling was improved and if the wrx had used upgraded tires, the wrx might have faired better against the civic but I HARDLY think the wrx would have "whacked" the civic given better tires; Hence why I said I would love to see proof on your claim.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Whacked = WRX beating the Civic around the track by eleventy hundred kilometers per second.

I guess you're right, there's no possible way.

And just a tip: my predicting what would happen is not much of a claim. If I did a test between the two cars with different tires and stated my results, then you might be on to something.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright

And just a tip: my predicting what would happen is not much of a claim. If I did a test between the two cars with different tires and stated my results, then you might be on to something.
    You did not say "it might beat it", "its possible that it could win", etc..

You made a statement of the wrx beating it with certainty, hence forth...a claim.
    If you did test between the two cars, then you would actually have "something" to back up your statement of the wrx beating the civic with different tires.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I Support ClubWRX
    Llama meal
    "Did you sleep well?"
    -- Steven Wright