06 WRX vs. 06 Civic Si - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 WRX vs. 06 Civic Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If one more moron chimes in to say that Civic Si's suck because they get riced a lot, I'm going ...

If one more moron chimes in to say that Civic Si's suck because they get riced a lot, I'm going to blow a gasket.

A lot of ricers drive Hondas. That doesn't mean all Hondas are rice.

Someone could just as easily show the picture of that purple WRX, complete with hat bill exhaust top, and say that WRXs look like that with basic bolt ons. Next time you're thinking of opening your mouth, just remember: We all know you can make yourself sound like an idiot; stop trying to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't mind taking either but since i have a WRX I plan on sticking with the AWD. I like the Si's interior it looks sharp. Oh, I think the RSX type R maybe coming to the states next year or something like that. Its just a rumor though.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

The other thing that sucks is having a light, reasonably high horsepower, FWD car. Torque steer and spinning your tires off the line really gets old fast.
    2005 Aspen White STi

I was reading in Motortrend that the Si comes with some very nice michelins from the factory as an option, with an LSD and those tires i dont doubt the Si ould beat the WRX in a road course. I am wondering how the SI and the new 06 would have fared with the same tires.
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke
    If one more moron chimes in to say that Civic Si's suck because they get riced a lot, I'm going to blow a gasket.

Someone could just as easily show the picture of that purple WRX, complete with hat bill exhaust top, and say that WRXs look like that with basic bolt ons. Next time you're thinking of opening your mouth, just remember: We all know you can make yourself sound like an idiot; stop trying to prove it.
    +1

I have seen all types of cars modded to the point where they are formidable competitors in whatever they are being steered to.

Just an example, I was at some local drags about a year ago.. it was open to any and all that wanted to race. Tech check was a little loose. biggest race of the day was a honda civic hatch vs a Viper.

the civic was trailored in and the viper was driven to the event. The announcer and crowd was sure that the viper was a sure win. Until the lights dropped.

The civic truly destroyed the Viper.. it was almost by about 5-6 carlenths even...

I learned early on never to judge a car unil you race it. He with the most $ and skill wins!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    i dont remember which mag... just got it though.. its either motortrend or automobile.

For a WRX to be making the same numbers as an STi... you need more than a Stage 2... on previous models, maxing out the stock turbo will net 220 ish... STi still makes more than that.

for those who do not understand what this engine is capable of with a few mods, get ready... an AEM intake on this thing nets nearly 20 hp at the wheels and 10 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels and its a very smooth gain, no large spike... header and exhaust will add big numbers as well... then reflash the car and you have just as much power as an STi... easily 240whp! no joke, and its got an LSD that makes all the difference in the world in traction! As long as you dont add a turbo kit, it will still handle.

Yeah its FWD, but with a factory LSD. RSX Type S didn't even have one. SO, its essentially better than that car. For those wanting big power with the ability to handle still, this isnt for you... but the power potential of the WRX is only slightly better... and it weighs quite a bit more.

I see it as a very nice option... ideal for track.
    240whp your on crack, with EM/intake/full exhaust they make around 210whp maybe 215whp, Maybe with cams 240whp but then it's still all top end.

I don't know if you have seen cobbs new stage 2 for the 06 WRX but it makes around 240whp stock STI power and puts down over 270lbs of torque way above a stock STI.

[QUOTE=I don't know if you have seen cobbs new stage 2 for the 06 WRX but it makes around 240whp stock STI power and puts down over 270lbs of torque way above a stock STI.[/QUOTE]

I just read that the Cobb stage 2 will increase the WHP from 202 to 224. You are correct on the 270lbs of torque.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Drod
    I just read that the Cobb stage 2 will increase the WHP from 202 to 224. You are correct on the 270lbs of torque.
    I believe it was 234whp.

2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke

Holy Crap!!!!

Sorry dude....didn't realize it was a bad time of the month for you.

Go rent yourself a sense of humor!.

Ya gotta imagine that if you go onto a Subaru board and talk about how cool a new Honda is that some smartass like myself is going to have a little fun at the poster's expense.
    [COLOR=Navy]Steve in Minnesota
    '04 WRX Sport'n Wagon - PSM
    Drag Racing / Street Racing is for fast cars....Autocross is for fast drivers! COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    240whp your on crack, with EM/intake/full exhaust they make around 210whp maybe 215whp, Maybe with cams 240whp but then it's still all top end.

I don't know if you have seen cobbs new stage 2 for the 06 WRX but it makes around 240whp stock STI power and puts down over 270lbs of torque way above a stock STI.
    ok, yeah, it needs cams too... my bad. top end is fine with me. i did say track... not autoX.

nope havent paid too much attention to the new ones. i've seen huge torque #'s, but hp i still havent seen what you've said.

doesn't matter, point is a ricer mobile fwd from the factory will beat on the new WRX in a real race around a track. What subaru needed to do was put decent tires on the car. if i buy another car, i wouldn't even look at the new WRX... I'd be looking at the STi/ EVO over that.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    ok, yeah, it needs cams too... my bad. top end is fine with me. i did say track... not autoX.

nope havent paid too much attention to the new ones. i've seen huge torque #'s, but hp i still havent seen what you've said.

doesn't matter, point is a ricer mobile fwd from the factory will beat on the new WRX in a real race around a track. What subaru needed to do was put decent tires on the car. if i buy another car, i wouldn't even look at the new WRX... I'd be looking at the STi/ EVO over that.
    How is the new Honda Civic Si any more of a ricer mobile than a WRX

Not that I think either car is in itself a ricer mobile, its all what the owner does to it that gets it this nameplate, but in all honesty I've been getting kindof sick off seeing every kid with an allowance go out and buy an 02wrx because they can get them on the cheap now. WRX's are the new Civic's of the import market, and unfortunatly are becoming just as big of a "me too" car as the Civics always were.

Frankly I love my WRX and wouldnt trade it for anything in the world. I'm also sure, as has already been said, the track outcome in those races would have been much different if the WRX didnt still come with those disgusting RE92's as stock tires, they're total garbage. With those tires the outcome shouldnt really be a surprise, but given equal rubber AWD > FWD, period.

I still like the new Civic Si, I would deffinatly never trade one for my WRX, but I might pick one up as an everyday bomb-around ride to get me to work and back (and while my WRX is getting its major overhall). Its deffinatly the nicest Civic to date, but I still think that people who go out and buy FWD cars to mod them for mad hp are a little , to each their own though. I'd like one bacause it looks like a very fun car to drive stock, and really doesnt need any modding to be a nice ride, unlike every other civic out there (I also miss my RSX-S sometimes too, which was a blast to drive totaly stock).
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 11-07-2005 at 01:26 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

You know I started thinking about it and the 02-05 cobb stage 2 is probably just as fast as the 06 stage 2 from roll.

The wheel Hp is the same and the 06 will have no top end with that little turbo and bad gearing.

I think the 02-05 would take it from a roll at stage 2.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    You know I started thinking about it and the 02-05 cobb stage 2 is probably just as fast as the 06 stage 2 from roll.

The wheel Hp is the same and the 06 will have no top end with that little turbo and bad gearing.

I think the 02-05 would take it from a roll at stage 2.
    The power is about the same for the 05 and 06 with the stage 2 pakage.

Peak HP

224 whp 5400 RPM for the 06
    224 whp 5500 RPM for 05 and below
    Last edited by Drod; 11-07-2005 at 07:23 PM.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black

too bad they didn't compare the Jetta r gt

it's only a 550awhp vr6-t
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.