My first race, vs. Scion!!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My first race, vs. Scion!!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I finally had my first street race! I mean, I guess it qualifies...just read it! I'm cruisin' down highway ...

Peachypumpkincheeks

My first race, vs. Scion!!!!!!!

So I finally had my first street race! I mean, I guess it qualifies...just read it!

I'm cruisin' down highway 50 for a saturday night drive when I pull up to a red light. In the left lane next to me is this latina girl in a Scion TC. She inches forward. So I inch forward. She turns and looks, err, glares at me, then she moves further. So I do too. She goes a little bit more and I follow suit...

The light turns green. She takes off, slightly hesitant at first. I rev a little and begin launching (I didn't stomp it, I don't want my engine to explode). By the time I get a good acceleration going, she's a good 2 car lengths on me...

We're hitting 30mph now and I pop it into 3rd gear and take off....she doesn't even stand a chance. She's still pressing the gas as I walk right by her...one, two, three car lengths now.

When I realize I'm at 65mph I slow down...no sense in keeping up my pace. We know who the clear winner is. As I slow back down to 55mph, she wizzes by me, and I just smile...

I've been driving manual now for 29 days, and this was my first race. Yay me!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had just raced one not long ago myself (posted the story here too). They are not quick at all. Had to drive my girlfriends for a week while my car was getting repaired (hit a dear) and couldnt believe the difference once I got back in my car. It seems like when you hit the gas you jump off the line quick but the power is exhausted right away. I killed the TC, cant wait to see what stg. 2 will do.
    03 WRX MBP
    DB 18g | Megan DP | Gutted UP | Borla CB | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Big MAF | Walbro FP | Denso Iridiums | Torque Converter | ValveBody | APS TMIC | 680cc FI

Congrat's, you've also experienced your first ricer fly-by...

There isnt a day that goes by that I dont get a fly-by. I dont even bother wasting gas on most of the idiots but it really gets me when they give me a thumbs down like they beat me or something.
    03 WRX MBP
    DB 18g | Megan DP | Gutted UP | Borla CB | Perrin Turbo Inlet | Perrin Big MAF | Walbro FP | Denso Iridiums | Torque Converter | ValveBody | APS TMIC | 680cc FI

you shifted into third at thirty miles an hour?? Keep practicing

btw:

nice kill
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

speedette kill list: Tc ...to be continued
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Once you start racing "worthy" cars, you'll stop wasting your time on Easy Kills
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

Seconds runs up just past 60mph. Third will go to 90mph. You can't make your engine explode, but you can nuke the transmission with overly hard and improper shifting.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

C'mon guys/girls give her a break. It was her first race, and she just learning how to drive a stick. I give her props on that race. Even though the Tc is slow.
    Have fun racing and stay safe.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

Nice kill speedette. Shoulda been in 2nd at most if you were only going 30, but I can see you are just babying you're car. Nothing wrong with that. Don't see too many girls driving stick so congrats on that .

Quote Originally Posted by ynotajb
    you shifted into third at thirty miles an hour?? Keep practicing

btw:

nice kill
    i was about to say the same thing
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    : )
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by subyguy
    C'mon guys/girls give her a break. It was her first race, and she just learning how to drive a stick. I give her props on that race. Even though the Tc is slow.
    Have fun racing and stay safe.

How are we not giving her a break by providing constructive advice? I didn't call for her to be tarred and feathered.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    +1
    +1

Maybe that's an all new type of racing... seriously. It would probably take more skill and a faster car than regular redline shifting.... see who you can beat while shifting under 3k.

It's kinda like economy racing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.