The first wuss STI driver i've seen - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on The first wuss STI driver i've seen within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; He's 20 years old - I almost guarantee he's not an amazing driver. No offence... it's just a fact of ...

He's 20 years old - I almost guarantee he's not an amazing driver. No offence... it's just a fact of life.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    He's 20 years old - I almost guarantee he's not an amazing driver. No offence... it's just a fact of life.
    Age has nothing to do with anything...it's about experience, maturity, and passion.

Besides, if an 18 year old can become the mayor of Hillsdale, MI, anything is possible.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    it's about experience
    My point exactly. Trust me, I thought I was genius behind the wheel at 20. Now, 20 years later, I actually race and realize how little I knew and how lucky I was never to get into a wreck. Just because your boyfriend is mature, rich, a good driver for a 20 yr old and hung like a donkey, don't mistake that for experience.

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    My point exactly. Trust me, I thought I was genius behind the wheel at 20. Now, 20 years later, I actually race and realize how little I knew and how lucky I was never to get into a wreck. Just because your boyfriend is mature, rich, a good driver for a 20 yr old and hung like a donkey, don't mistake that for experience.
    I'm not stupid, I know a good driver when I see one. And I don't mean good at "avoiding wrecks". I do understand where you're coming from though.

Mature? Yes. Rich? No. (Not yet). Hung like a horse? You betcha.

But thank you for your concern, forum nanny.

Up which man's a$$? I think you have some hamo tendencies dude.
    Questioning others' sexuality is extremely lame. Leave that stuff to middle school students.

Self-sensoring is also lame. If you can't bring yourself to type out the word "ass", then just don't use it.

And why do you care? Like your sig says, a quote is just someone else's b.s.
    Huh? What's his sig got to do with this?

Age has nothing to do with anything...it's about experience, maturity, and passion.
    I agree that it's not necessarily age, but where exactly did your boyfriend get these "amazing" driving skills?

But thank you for your concern, forum nanny.
    I can't help it - I'm older than Ray!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg
    I agree that it's not necessarily age, but where exactly did your boyfriend get these "amazing" driving skills?
    First of all, let me start by saying I didn't get on here to brag about my driving ability. However when attacked, I shall defend.

I'm sure I'll be a better driver after 20 years too.... (still has nothing to do with where I am now) but after spending laps and laps behind the wheels with a racing instructor next to me, I caught up on the curve a little bit. Also, weekly, I race 45mph race carts at a track (believe it or not, they are pretty amazing machines)(you have to wear all the racing suits gloves helmets). In terms of drag racing, how many vettes have you seen that just have a CAI and run 12's on runflats :-X..... I have had fast cars since I was 16, it's not my first fast one, I've always been fascinated in learning drive lines and the theory's of weight shifting and control. I'm lookin' to spend the 3700 dollars and have a 3 day stay at Laguna Seca racing school next summer... then I'll be even better than now. Also, my co-worker/good friend basically lives at the race track and is certified to instruct and we work right off of some good 'ole twisties that we drive on every day and drive hard on.
    But one thing I do know, is I've seen many 40yr old drivers than can't heel-toe downshift, let alone the people that can and don't understand fully the concept of when and where it's bennificial. I've also seen quite a few 40 yr old drivers driving z06's that spend just as much time racing their cars as I do, yet I seem to pull them. At 40 your reaction time is slower.....
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    First of all, let me start by saying I didn't get on here to brag about my driving ability. However when attacked, I shall defend.

I'm sure I'll be a better driver after 20 years too.... (still has nothing to do with where I am now) but after spending laps and laps behind the wheels with a racing instructor next to me, I caught up on the curve a little bit. Also, weekly, I race 45mph race carts at a track (believe it or not, they are pretty amazing machines)(you have to wear all the racing suits gloves helmets). In terms of drag racing, how many vettes have you seen that just have a CAI and run 12's on runflats :-X..... I have had fast cars since I was 16, it's not my first fast one, I've always been fascinated in learning drive lines and the theory's of weight shifting and control. I'm lookin' to spend the 3700 dollars and have a 3 day stay at Laguna Seca racing school next summer... then I'll be even better than now. Also, my co-worker/good friend basically lives at the race track and is certified to instruct and we work right off of some good 'ole twisties that we drive on every day and drive hard on.
    But one thing I do know, is I've seen many 40yr old drivers than can't heel-toe downshift, let alone the people that can and don't understand fully the concept of when and where it's bennificial. I've also seen quite a few 40 yr old drivers driving z06's that spend just as much time racing their cars as I do, yet I seem to pull them. At 40 your reaction time is slower.....
    my car is faster than yours especially in the twisties. i gots coilovers

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by srt>awd
    my car is faster than yours especially in the twisties. i gots coilovers
    srt-4's are teh faster!!!11!!1!!!one!!oneone!!!111

this has gotten crazy....ok so some guy came to "inform" us about his experiance, got flamed, and had to be saved by his girlfriend, now lets drop it.

btw im not talking sides you've all blow this way outa context and prraportion...
    feeling sorry for the poor creatures i no longer question their motives for crossing a street after hitting a chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan

Attack? I didn't attack you. You've got bigger problems than driving skills if you can't tell the difference between an attack and a question.

Glad to hear you spend time at the track. Good for you. It's possible (and hopefully the case) that in your time at the track, you've developed some skill.

Drag racing? Seriously, I couldn't care less. Drag racing, so far as I can see, carries no benefit over to the street.

Driving hard on "some good 'ole twisties"? You're either racing dangerously on public roads or you're not. You're sending out mixed messages. If you're racing dangerously, you need to stop. If you're not, I seriously doubt you're learning much in the process of driving these twisties. The effective learning curve seems to be greatest at the point where the car is on edge. And that's definitely not safe on the street.

40 year old drivers that can't heel-toe? Not especially relevant. Most people are not good drivers. Most are decent at best. A very few are good. And even fewer are "amazing" or deserving of any such adjective.

Don't get all defensive when someone asks a question. It makes you look insecure. If you're a good driver, then great for you. I doubt I'd call you amazing, but whatever.

vettes suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sieker
    vettes suck.
    hell yeah there slow as ****

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by Sieker
    vettes suck.
    jealousy's a b1tch

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by srt>awd
    hell yeah there slow as ****
    And you...........well you're just an idiot and people are just going to flame the sh1t outta...atleast before you get banned anyway.