The first wuss STI driver i've seen - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 130

This is a discussion on The first wuss STI driver i've seen within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; He's 20 years old - I almost guarantee he's not an amazing driver. No offence... it's just a fact of ...

  1. #91
    Registered User BlkWRXWag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Trabuco Canyon, CA
    Posts
    2,236
    He's 20 years old - I almost guarantee he's not an amazing driver. No offence... it's just a fact of life.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #92

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    He's 20 years old - I almost guarantee he's not an amazing driver. No offence... it's just a fact of life.
    Age has nothing to do with anything...it's about experience, maturity, and passion.

    Besides, if an 18 year old can become the mayor of Hillsdale, MI, anything is possible.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  4. #93
    Registered User BlkWRXWag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Trabuco Canyon, CA
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    it's about experience
    My point exactly. Trust me, I thought I was genius behind the wheel at 20. Now, 20 years later, I actually race and realize how little I knew and how lucky I was never to get into a wreck. Just because your boyfriend is mature, rich, a good driver for a 20 yr old and hung like a donkey, don't mistake that for experience.

  5. #94

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    My point exactly. Trust me, I thought I was genius behind the wheel at 20. Now, 20 years later, I actually race and realize how little I knew and how lucky I was never to get into a wreck. Just because your boyfriend is mature, rich, a good driver for a 20 yr old and hung like a donkey, don't mistake that for experience.
    I'm not stupid, I know a good driver when I see one. And I don't mean good at "avoiding wrecks". I do understand where you're coming from though.

    Mature? Yes. Rich? No. (Not yet). Hung like a horse? You betcha.

    But thank you for your concern, forum nanny.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  6. #95
    Registered User Jörg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Up which man's a$$? I think you have some hamo tendencies dude.
    Questioning others' sexuality is extremely lame. Leave that stuff to middle school students.

    Self-sensoring is also lame. If you can't bring yourself to type out the word "ass", then just don't use it.

    And why do you care? Like your sig says, a quote is just someone else's b.s.
    Huh? What's his sig got to do with this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Age has nothing to do with anything...it's about experience, maturity, and passion.
    I agree that it's not necessarily age, but where exactly did your boyfriend get these "amazing" driving skills?

  7. #96
    Registered User BlkWRXWag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Trabuco Canyon, CA
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    But thank you for your concern, forum nanny.
    I can't help it - I'm older than Ray!!!

  8. #97
    Registered User MagikMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Jörg
    I agree that it's not necessarily age, but where exactly did your boyfriend get these "amazing" driving skills?
    First of all, let me start by saying I didn't get on here to brag about my driving ability. However when attacked, I shall defend.

    I'm sure I'll be a better driver after 20 years too.... (still has nothing to do with where I am now) but after spending laps and laps behind the wheels with a racing instructor next to me, I caught up on the curve a little bit. Also, weekly, I race 45mph race carts at a track (believe it or not, they are pretty amazing machines)(you have to wear all the racing suits gloves helmets). In terms of drag racing, how many vettes have you seen that just have a CAI and run 12's on runflats :-X..... I have had fast cars since I was 16, it's not my first fast one, I've always been fascinated in learning drive lines and the theory's of weight shifting and control. I'm lookin' to spend the 3700 dollars and have a 3 day stay at Laguna Seca racing school next summer... then I'll be even better than now. Also, my co-worker/good friend basically lives at the race track and is certified to instruct and we work right off of some good 'ole twisties that we drive on every day and drive hard on.
    But one thing I do know, is I've seen many 40yr old drivers than can't heel-toe downshift, let alone the people that can and don't understand fully the concept of when and where it's bennificial. I've also seen quite a few 40 yr old drivers driving z06's that spend just as much time racing their cars as I do, yet I seem to pull them. At 40 your reaction time is slower.....
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

    2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

  9. #98
    Registered User srt>awd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    ontario cali.*****
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    First of all, let me start by saying I didn't get on here to brag about my driving ability. However when attacked, I shall defend.

    I'm sure I'll be a better driver after 20 years too.... (still has nothing to do with where I am now) but after spending laps and laps behind the wheels with a racing instructor next to me, I caught up on the curve a little bit. Also, weekly, I race 45mph race carts at a track (believe it or not, they are pretty amazing machines)(you have to wear all the racing suits gloves helmets). In terms of drag racing, how many vettes have you seen that just have a CAI and run 12's on runflats :-X..... I have had fast cars since I was 16, it's not my first fast one, I've always been fascinated in learning drive lines and the theory's of weight shifting and control. I'm lookin' to spend the 3700 dollars and have a 3 day stay at Laguna Seca racing school next summer... then I'll be even better than now. Also, my co-worker/good friend basically lives at the race track and is certified to instruct and we work right off of some good 'ole twisties that we drive on every day and drive hard on.
    But one thing I do know, is I've seen many 40yr old drivers than can't heel-toe downshift, let alone the people that can and don't understand fully the concept of when and where it's bennificial. I've also seen quite a few 40 yr old drivers driving z06's that spend just as much time racing their cars as I do, yet I seem to pull them. At 40 your reaction time is slower.....
    my car is faster than yours especially in the twisties. i gots coilovers

  10. #99

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by srt>awd
    my car is faster than yours especially in the twisties. i gots coilovers
    srt-4's are teh faster!!!11!!1!!!one!!oneone!!!111
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  11. #100
    Registered User pyrobob4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    62
    this has gotten crazy....ok so some guy came to "inform" us about his experiance, got flamed, and had to be saved by his girlfriend, now lets drop it.

    btw im not talking sides you've all blow this way outa context and prraportion...
    feeling sorry for the poor creatures i no longer question their motives for crossing a street after hitting a chicken.

  12. #101
    Registered User Jörg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    First of all, let me start by saying I didn't get on here to brag about my driving ability. However when attacked, I shall defend.

    I'm sure I'll be a better driver after 20 years too.... (still has nothing to do with where I am now) but after spending laps and laps behind the wheels with a racing instructor next to me, I caught up on the curve a little bit. Also, weekly, I race 45mph race carts at a track (believe it or not, they are pretty amazing machines)(you have to wear all the racing suits gloves helmets). In terms of drag racing, how many vettes have you seen that just have a CAI and run 12's on runflats :-X..... I have had fast cars since I was 16, it's not my first fast one, I've always been fascinated in learning drive lines and the theory's of weight shifting and control. I'm lookin' to spend the 3700 dollars and have a 3 day stay at Laguna Seca racing school next summer... then I'll be even better than now. Also, my co-worker/good friend basically lives at the race track and is certified to instruct and we work right off of some good 'ole twisties that we drive on every day and drive hard on.
    But one thing I do know, is I've seen many 40yr old drivers than can't heel-toe downshift, let alone the people that can and don't understand fully the concept of when and where it's bennificial. I've also seen quite a few 40 yr old drivers driving z06's that spend just as much time racing their cars as I do, yet I seem to pull them. At 40 your reaction time is slower.....
    Attack? I didn't attack you. You've got bigger problems than driving skills if you can't tell the difference between an attack and a question.

    Glad to hear you spend time at the track. Good for you. It's possible (and hopefully the case) that in your time at the track, you've developed some skill.

    Drag racing? Seriously, I couldn't care less. Drag racing, so far as I can see, carries no benefit over to the street.

    Driving hard on "some good 'ole twisties"? You're either racing dangerously on public roads or you're not. You're sending out mixed messages. If you're racing dangerously, you need to stop. If you're not, I seriously doubt you're learning much in the process of driving these twisties. The effective learning curve seems to be greatest at the point where the car is on edge. And that's definitely not safe on the street.

    40 year old drivers that can't heel-toe? Not especially relevant. Most people are not good drivers. Most are decent at best. A very few are good. And even fewer are "amazing" or deserving of any such adjective.

    Don't get all defensive when someone asks a question. It makes you look insecure. If you're a good driver, then great for you. I doubt I'd call you amazing, but whatever.

  13. #102
    Registered User Sieker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    84
    vettes suck.

  14. #103
    Registered User srt>awd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    ontario cali.*****
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Sieker
    vettes suck.
    hell yeah there slow as ****

  15. #104

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Sieker
    vettes suck.
    jealousy's a b1tch
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  16. #105

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by srt>awd
    hell yeah there slow as ****
    And you...........well you're just an idiot and people are just going to flame the sh1t outta...atleast before you get banned anyway.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •