The first wuss STI driver i've seen - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on The first wuss STI driver i've seen within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dvang lunch wasnt very good... what did you eat...

Quote Originally Posted by dvang
    lunch wasnt very good...
    what did you eat

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    This thread has been wayyyy toooooo hillllarious. It's just funny to see everyone get their panties in a knot. It was a harmless thread about how traditionally, I've always seen STI drivers drive there cars hard, and it was the first time I saw one that didn't. Typically when someone buys a STI they are enthusiasts who enjoy driving a little harder than your average 92year old grandma.

It's funny how people took what I said out of context, I never said I wanted this guy to go 100mph around hair pin turns around mt. virginia, I was just hoping to see the guy atleast accelerate through a turn instead of accelerate into the turn and brake out of it..... I don't drive reckless at all, but I still have fun.

And to the person who was making comments about not being able to push my car to it's potential on the street. I don't think it's a good idea to ever push a car to it's full potential, especially performance cars like ours, because once you are at it's potential you are already being dangerous. But there is still a huge gap between normal driving and it's potential, that is still safe but more fun.........

Also, the person who was asking how I'd like for my girlfriend to drive, I'd hope she can maintain control of her vehicle, she knows how to handle herself in her WRX. I would be pissed if she pushed her car to the limits, but I would also expect her to accelerate through the turn instead of brake.

The person who said something about my tires not being good for handling, one of the reasons I chose the nittos over bfg's or mt streets, they are not nearly as good for straight line draggin, however they are superior to any street tire for that, and they still have stiff sidewalls, and they are pretty low profile at that.... and also, for any stiffness I lost in stability, it made up for it's ability to accelerate harder exiting a turn.

And as for the people who said I'm being an ass, I've done nothing but being disappointed in someone driving a great performing vehicle that the STI is like it's a freaking honda civic VTEC (very torqueless economy car). I think I'm just for being disappointed....

Bat rabies accounts for approximately one human death per year in the United States. Thus, some people consider bats to be dangerous. Nevertheless, dogs which often are considered "man's best friend," attack and kill more humans annually than die from bat rabies in a decade. Statistically speaking, pets, playground equipment, and sports are far more dangerous than bats. Clearly, bats do not rank very high among mortality threats to humans. Nevertheless, prudence and simple precautions can save lives.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

Quote Originally Posted by psb02wrx
    while you carpe diem, tell her to carpe deez nuts.
    Fun In the Snow
    STi in the making...

lunch wasnt very good...
    Same here, i decided to bring in leftovers to work and I now know that leftover chinese food doesn't go well with leftover taco bell

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    Bat rabies accounts for approximately one human death per year in the United States. Thus, some people consider bats to be dangerous. Nevertheless, dogs which often are considered "man's best friend," attack and kill more humans annually than die from bat rabies in a decade. Statistically speaking, pets, playground equipment, and sports are far more dangerous than bats. Clearly, bats do not rank very high among mortality threats to humans. Nevertheless, prudence and simple precautions can save lives.
    long complicated and funny route to a simple point...very well said
    feeling sorry for the poor creatures i no longer question their motives for crossing a street after hitting a chicken.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just curious as to why someone would put tires that have a speed rating of 149mph on a car that supposedly does 180-190 mph?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

How often does people drive 150+ mph?

My guess is not very often and tires could be changed without too much of hassle.

I don't entirely understand why this guy is getting flamed so much. Yes, posting that a Subaru driver is a wuss cause he wouldn't race a vette on a WRX forum is screaming for attention, I recognize that. But on the other hand I've definitely tried to incite some fun out of 911 turbos and such without luck and then yelled '*****' out the window at the guy (jokingly of course).

Of course the guy wasn't being a wuss just cause he didn't feel like racing but I've also come across many people driving very fast cars in my homestate of NJ who drove slower than everyone else on the road.

If it was me, I would have made you follow me to pick up my dad's 66 Cobra and then we'd have some fun

well now this threads just gotten to logical....BORING!
    feeling sorry for the poor creatures i no longer question their motives for crossing a street after hitting a chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan
    I don't entirely understand why this guy is getting flamed so much. Yes, posting that a Subaru driver is a wuss cause he wouldn't race a vette on a WRX forum is screaming for attention, I recognize that.
    Yup, what you stated is true. Now, if a WRX driver posted a thread about some Vette (or other cars) driver being a wuss and not wanting to race, there will be many who would agree with it and probably ridicule other car's driver.

Personally, I would never initiate a street race (not that I street race much, I much prefer going to the track) but I have raced before when I felt it was somewhat safe (no traffic, dry weather, etc). Just because some one refused to race doesn't make them a wuss, there are lot of reasons why people will not street race, many of those reasons have been mentioned in number of posts in this thread. I know lot people with fast cars locally and many of them will not race on the streets, just on the track.

lunch wasnt very good...

2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    hmmm...new drag radials and you'd take an STi in the twisties. Don't you think there is something a bit wrong with this picture?

I used to eat C5's for lunch on a road course any day. Your's (a 1999 at that) would be no different. Can you say "rattle and roll". No thanks.

Also...might want to recalibrate your speedometer. 190 mph. Um....yeah..right.

+1, there is no way in hell you would take an STi in the twisties!

this guy is a tool.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sr1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    +1, there is no way in hell you would take an STi in the twisties!

this guy is a tool.
    Geez, why don't you tell me how you really feel :-P

haha, actually, on a long road course, the 'vettes typically will do better, short autocross, hats off to the STI. They are too differnt animals, and both handle great but completely differently.

for the record, it pisses me off when any performance car driver drives like a grandma..... If anything it was a compliment to STI drivers that every single one I had ever seen has always driven their car appropriately..... this was the FIRST that hasn't. LOL, I wasn't trying to piss everyone off, I understand that i may have "hurt some peoples' feelings" but I gotta admit, this is been wayyyyy tooooo much fun
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

I am amazed that this tread has gone this far.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.