The first wuss STI driver i've seen - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on The first wuss STI driver i've seen within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Majikman, now lets switch the situation over. Say your GF heather was in her WRX and driving down the road ...

Majikman, now lets switch the situation over. Say your GF heather was in her WRX and driving down the road and some dude drives up to the side of her revving and trying to get her to race.

Would YOU want her to be racing this kid and risking her life so that the guy racing her doesn't think she is a wuss?
    Hopefully the answer is no.

I just do not see the point in racing on the streets. I feel that the negatives and consequences very much outweigh the positives.

Now I do like to take a few fast turns and by no means drive like a grandma, but I certainly do not think that risking my life or innocent driver's life is worth a few cheap thrills.

My .02

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks like starting this thread was a bad idea haha

I ride Kawasakis and love to street race, especially in the twisties against sports cars. I also like to do street drags. I outrun the law whenever feasible. Smoke crack and worship Satan.

magic did you put your flashers on to declare yourself a winner???

Quote Originally Posted by britishbikes
    I ride Kawasakis and love to street race, especially in the twisties against sports cars. I also like to do street drags. I outrun the law whenever feasible. Smoke crack and worship Satan.

best post all day
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by karnick
    looks like starting this thread was a bad idea haha
    yea really...i was thinking the same
    feeling sorry for the poor creatures i no longer question their motives for crossing a street after hitting a chicken.

sig'd!
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    every time anyone asks to drive my car - even valets I say "no". when they say "what's the big deal?" I say "would you let someone wear your underwear? would you let someone have sex with your girlfriend? ....same thing."

Anyone have a good recipe for lasagna? Or know how it feels to get your ***** stuck in a dead hooker?
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    I've always, no matter what, when next to an sti always have gotten them to play. Tonight, I got my new tires "nitto 555r drag radials 285/35/18" and was tearin' it up on some good back windy roads,
    Aren't you supposed to drive a couple hundred miles on new tires to burn off the residue left by the manufacturing process before you drive hard on them?
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Elliott
    You sound like the kind of guy who's insecure in his manhood and is trying to compensate by buying certain kinds of cars.
    ha but sounds true. You sound like a kid and thats weird to say comeing from me but you give us bad names.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

I Support ClubWRX

I have to agree...

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl
    I dont think its the vette thing, I think its more to do with the him being an ass thing.

as has been said, you cant know why he didnt want to race, just because you love driving and have a performance car doesnt mean you're always in the mood to race. plus, loving to drive doesnt always have to do with speed, he mighta just wanted to enjoy a relaxed cruise through some nice turns. you cant know someone well enough to call them a wuss just from passing them on a street.
    I have to agree that people shouldn't be so quick to judge. It always seems like people try to get me to drive in a "spirited manner", when my wife is in the car. That's not gonna happen. Maybe that makes me a wuss but I certainly could care less if anyone thinks so.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrilgrey
    Anyone have a good recipe for lasagna? Or know how it feels to get your ***** stuck in a dead hooker?
    Thats where this thread has gone.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Quote Originally Posted by Cheers
    Aren't you supposed to drive a couple hundred miles on new tires to burn off the residue left by the manufacturing process before you drive hard on them?
    I already had them heat cycled from tiredirect :-D but you are right!
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

This thread has been wayyyy toooooo hillllarious. It's just funny to see everyone get their panties in a knot. It was a harmless thread about how traditionally, I've always seen STI drivers drive there cars hard, and it was the first time I saw one that didn't. Typically when someone buys a STI they are enthusiasts who enjoy driving a little harder than your average 92year old grandma.

It's funny how people took what I said out of context, I never said I wanted this guy to go 100mph around hair pin turns around mt. virginia, I was just hoping to see the guy atleast accelerate through a turn instead of accelerate into the turn and brake out of it..... I don't drive reckless at all, but I still have fun.

And to the person who was making comments about not being able to push my car to it's potential on the street. I don't think it's a good idea to ever push a car to it's full potential, especially performance cars like ours, because once you are at it's potential you are already being dangerous. But there is still a huge gap between normal driving and it's potential, that is still safe but more fun.........

Also, the person who was asking how I'd like for my girlfriend to drive, I'd hope she can maintain control of her vehicle, she knows how to handle herself in her WRX. I would be pissed if she pushed her car to the limits, but I would also expect her to accelerate through the turn instead of brake.

The person who said something about my tires not being good for handling, one of the reasons I chose the nittos over bfg's or mt streets, they are not nearly as good for straight line draggin, however they are superior to any street tire for that, and they still have stiff sidewalls, and they are pretty low profile at that.... and also, for any stiffness I lost in stability, it made up for it's ability to accelerate harder exiting a turn.

And as for the people who said I'm being an ass, I've done nothing but being disappointed in someone driving a great performing vehicle that the STI is like it's a freaking honda civic VTEC (very torqueless economy car). I think I'm just for being disappointed....
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

lunch wasnt very good...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.