The first wuss STI driver i've seen - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 130

This is a discussion on The first wuss STI driver i've seen within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; even if God or witnesses or someone videotaping it, you're not using your full potential, or the cars', and you ...

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,087
    even if God or witnesses or someone videotaping it, you're not using your full potential, or the cars', and you still don't have proof in writing.

    plus, posting time slips for a race is much better because you get to analyze everything...you can't figure out a reaction time, 60ft time, 1/8 mile, etc...sorry guys the track is like sex and the street is like masturbating.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User garrettjj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    I've always, no matter what, when next to an sti always have gotten them to play. Tonight, I got my new tires "nitto 555r drag radials 285/35/18" and was tearin' it up on some good back windy roads, and I came behind a STI right before I got to the next set of good curves. I shot some revs and everything, getting ready to murder him through some corners, and he totally wouldn't go. I was embarassed for the guy. Who wouldn't take that opportunity?

    How do you know you would have "Murdered" him? That type of road is the STIs element.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

  4. #33
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Street racing is bad. There nothing worng with not wanting to do it.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  5. #34
    Registered User kevinh211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    263

    04 STi Blue
    2005 - 279WHP 306WTQ 13.1@105
    2006 - FPGreen
    LISC# 17 LongIslandSubaruClub.com

  6. #35
    Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,936
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinh211

    That kid needs his collar popped and he will be the total giant toolbag.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

  7. #36
    Registered User Digitalfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    343
    This guy is just a tool. You should read some of his posts on another forum. He likes to talk about people having "vette envy" and how "at least I go home in the vette." I hate to break it to you bud, but a 1999 Vette that costs $21k used is not exactly envy-material. It's nothing special. Now, if you were running a C6/C6 Z06 or some exotic then yeah, you might at least have a reason to run your mouth (though you still shouldn't.)

    Sadly, your vette is just run-of-the-mill (and I love vettes) and somewhat slow compared to some of the cars here.

    The STi driver did the right thing (if he/she even knew you were there at all.)
    2005 Aspen White STi

  8. #37
    Registered User MagikMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    This guy is just a tool. You should read some of his posts on another forum. He likes to talk about people having "vette envy" and how "at least I go home in the vette." I hate to break it to you bud, but a 1999 Vette that costs $21k used is not exactly envy-material. It's nothing special. Now, if you were running a C6/C6 Z06 or some exotic then yeah, you might at least have a reason to run your mouth (though you still shouldn't.)

    Sadly, your vette is just run-of-the-mill (and I love vettes) and somewhat slow compared to some of the cars here.

    The STi driver did the right thing (if he/she even knew you were there at all.)
    There are other costs associated with a vette, insurance, tires, etc. However it's not like it's my daily driver. It's the perfect car for me for a weekender. I drive an audi a4 as well for my daily driver It's only worth 22k. I guess that makes me poor I only have 43k in cars that I paid for myself when I'm 20 years old :-x

    However it's not about the money, I don't care if my vette is only worth 21k. It's about performance, style and tradition. That's why I feel good to "go home in the vette"

    About you comment about my vette being slow compared to some of the cars on here, I'd say there are some quicker cars, but not many "faster cars" I haven't seen too many subies in the 180-190 range :-P

    Back to the original thread. There is nothing that irritates me more than when people have cars that are meant to be driven a certain way, and can't appreciate it or have fun doing it. If it were any other car, I wouldn't have expected them to go, it's just disappointing when a sti driver won't even drive his car near the potential, I'm not saying pushing the limit, but driving like a grandma is ridiculous.

    I'm not a "street racer" lol, but I love 0 - 60 runs off of a light or 30-70 rolls. But I don't even drive my car every day, but I won't shy away from someone when a good controlled opportunity comes along.
    Last edited by MagikMan; 11-05-2005 at 12:10 PM.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

    2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

  9. #38
    Registered User scooby888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    309
    I only race people on the track...that way I can appreciate my car's potential to its fullest. To be endangering other people's lives on the streets is reckless.

    Have you ever had any close friends or relatives die in a street racing incident when they were hit by some idiots racing their cars on public streets? It makes you mature about this stuff real fast.

  10. #39
    Registered User Digitalfiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    However it's not about the money, I don't care if my vette is only worth 21k. It's about performance, style and tradition. That's why I feel good to "go home in the vette"
    Well, if that is why you feel that way then that is more understandable. I just took it from some of your other posts that you had this "I'm better than you because I drive a 'vette" attitude. My bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    About you comment about my vette being slow compared to some of the cars on here, I'd say there are some quicker cars, but not many "faster cars" I haven't seen too many subies in the 180-190 range :-P
    Quicker, faster, whatever. In the 1/4 (or from a roll) you would still lose to some of these cars. I don't know anyone that races up to 180 on public roads.

    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    Back to the original thread. There is nothing that irritates me more than when people have cars that are meant to be driven a certain way, and can't appreciate it or have fun doing it. If it were any other car, I wouldn't have expected them to go, it's just disappointing when a sti driver won't even drive his car near the potential, I'm not saying pushing the limit, but driving like a grandma is ridiculous.
    Of course, but not everyone feels like carving up the twisties 100% of the time. That STi driver might have been tired, just not interested, had a bad tire, doesn't want to risk a ticket or an accident, intimidated etc. There are so many reasons why someone might not want race through some twisties.

    The other problem is that when you see someone in your rearview trying to get you to "go for it" it can really become a dangerous game, really quickly. I also don't feel that a lot of people that buy powerful cars can really handle them well. They just assume that because they can take on ramps 30mph over that they can suddenly drive.

    By the way, a stock STi with a decent alignment is going to give you one hell of a run through the "twisties" - as long as the STi driver is skilled. I don't think you would be murdering one.

    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    I'm not a "street racer" lol, but I love 0 - 60 runs off of a light or 30-70 rolls. But I don't even drive my car every day, but I won't shy away from someone when a good controlled opportunity comes along.
    Oh I hear you. Doing a 0-90 from a light with someone that arrogantly pulls around you into a lane that ends after the light (thinking they'll just get by you), is always fun. Many times I blast off from a light when I'm the only one there because I love driving.

    I'll say this though, canyon/twisty runs are never controlled, especially when you are actually racing someone. I'll happily run my car hard through a well known out of the way curvy area because I love driving. But actually racing someone (or "pushing" them) is something I won't do. That stuff belongs on the track.
    2005 Aspen White STi

  11. #40
    Registered User 04wrx4keeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Central NY/ Western PA (for school)
    Posts
    520
    Taking 0-60 runs is one thing, but in your original post you said you were on a twisty back road, which is just a stupid place to race. Everyone I know who has ever crashed a car streetracing, every time it had something to do with going around a corner, switching lanes, or somehow having to turn their car. We just had a kid here at my school get killed (and seriously injure 2 other people) because he was doing 100mph past a dumptruck on a major highway (they dont know for sure that he was racing...but...) and it didnt see him before switching lanes, thats reason enough to not want to race on public streets. It sent him right over a cement median and into an oncoming 3000gt on his way home from day-classes...

    And who are you to say that the STi driver "never drives his car the way it was ment"? For all you know he could be at the local racetrack or autocross or dragstrip all the time. Just because he doensnt want to race down some curvy dangerous road with some punk kid who thinks his Vette is the fastest thing on earth? You sound like you need a real attitude adjustment, you may have paid for all your cars yourself, but that doesnt mean you deserve to have them. You sound like you have some serious growing up to do, I just hope it doesnt take you, a close friend, or some poor kid you get to race you dieing for you to realize that not everyone on the road with a fast car is obligated to show you how fast it is every time you act like the punk kid you are and come revving the crap out of your car beside them. I'm just glad your the exception not the norm with Corvette owners, its young little punks full of attitude like you that give domestic cars a bad name on boards like this...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

  12. #41
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    17,806
    I Support ClubWRX

    Where's the love dude?

    Magikman, there doesn't seem to be a lot of love for you on here... What's up with that? Although vettes are not my thing, I have driven several and think they are great cars. Additionally, I'm not really sure where all these responses on being a tool, street-racing, driving off cliffs, etc. come from. Then again, you may have to expect some of that when you go calling wrx-sti drivers wussies, on a wrx site.
    I am SURE none of the people on this board ever drove fast "race-like" down a public road next to another car... ever. Common sense and being safe are good things but some of these posts are a little over a the top.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


    "It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

  13. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ
    Magikman, there doesn't seem to be a lot of love for you on here... What's up with that?
    I dont think its the vette thing, I think its more to do with the him being an ass thing.

    as has been said, you cant know why he didnt want to race, just because you love driving and have a performance car doesnt mean you're always in the mood to race. plus, loving to drive doesnt always have to do with speed, he mighta just wanted to enjoy a relaxed cruise through some nice turns. you cant know someone well enough to call them a wuss just from passing them on a street.

  14. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    632
    I'm with the "you're an ass" posts on this one. You must live a sad life if you expect everyone in a performance car to be on for a race any time anywhere. And then, you have to come on a WRX website and whine about what a wuss some guy or gal is just because they won't race you. You sound like the kind of guy who's insecure in his manhood and is trying to compensate by buying certain kinds of cars. So what if the guy didn't want to race. What's bad about that? I can think of a hundred reasons someone wouldn't want to race. Maybe it was a new one and was still in the break in period. Maybe he'd just lost his job. Maybe he could just surmise what kind of a d!ck you are just by the way you were revving on him.

    You are just a punk kid who wants attention and I doubt you actually own a Vette. You should probably spend your detention time studying so you can graduate instead of trolling forums trying to prove your manhood to people who could care less.
    "I drove like my mother in the first stage" Gigi Galli, WRC driver, Mitsubishi.

  15. #44
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Getting caught racing usually = suspended license and impounded car.

    I'm sure your vette will look just fantastic getting towed into the impound lot.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  16. #45
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,244
    I Support ClubWRX
    hmmm...new drag radials and you'd take an STi in the twisties. Don't you think there is something a bit wrong with this picture?

    I used to eat C5's for lunch on a road course any day. Your's (a 1999 at that) would be no different. Can you say "rattle and roll". No thanks.

    Also...might want to recalibrate your speedometer. 190 mph. Um....yeah..right.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •