350z, g35
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350z, g35 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; how much power does a stock rex need to easily walk a 350z or g35? nissans are sweet, but every ...

350z, g35

how much power does a stock rex need to easily walk a 350z or g35? nissans are sweet, but every yuppie chief has a g35 now and they think they're the gods of speed. that's my official power mod goal. would uppipe, em and tbe do it? the z is 300 crank hp / 260 tq.,am i going to need a new turbo?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

new turbo??

for a Z hell no.. Get a cobb stage 2 and your walk him from a roll..
    Or Ecutek or (any) engine managment a up pipe down pipe and exhaust with a good tune and you will be fine..

Lets assume both cars are 2005+ MT 6spd G35c and 350Z.

They are both making ~ 300hp and are pretty similar in performance with the Z a bit ahead due to the weight issue.
    -In stock form in the 1/4mile you will lose to both. From a roll you will lose to both pretty badly.
    -If you run the above mods you listed (uppipe, engine management, tbe) you should have no problem with either from a dig. The 350Z has the capability of putting up a good fight because some really good drivers will run them into 13.6-13.8 completely stock but even still, if you are running the above mods and can drive well you will still win. From a roll it will be close. StageII+uppipe trap speeds can differ. Some run as low as 98/99 other will get as high as 101 depending on the EM you are using. A cobb accessport stageII will probably get you 99mph/100mph but if you have a well tuned Utec or Ecutek you can probably pull off 101/102. The 350Z is going to be trapping right around 101-103 so from a roll its a good race but the faster you go the worse your chances get. A lot of people claim kills on 350Z's in their stageII though so its very possible.
    As for the G35c, they trap about 1-2mph less than the Z so if you are running cobb AP I think it will be a good rolling race, but if you are running a custom tuned EM you should put a little distance on him.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

What you need is ...

1. Jesus
    2. An STi

And the 350 z/G35 6MT will eat your dust

Or I'll race for you
    Last edited by Blofe; 11-03-2005 at 01:09 AM.
    So Cal F4 # 10

@dtr: cool...if its a driver's race, at least within quarter mile territory, then I'm feeling pretty good about stg2. come to think of it, i guess the uppipe is irrelevant on my 06 because the stock up is catless with the air pump thing.

past 100mph, the old 'what mods for big top end' question comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blofe
    1. Jesus
    2. An STi

And the 350 z/G35 6MT will eat your dust

Or I'll race for you
    definitely spank a few for me. sti was never an option for me, i'm all about the wagon. the jdm sti powertrain swap is definitely the dream. i wonder what the deal is with 06 tranny swaps.
    Last edited by protocol0; 11-03-2005 at 03:36 AM. Reason: ah, ok. ra= race altered.

Someone just ran a trap of a 103mph with a cobb stage II+uppipe in the DragRacing section.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121826
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Someone just ran a trap of a 103mph with a cobb stage II+uppipe in the DragRacing section.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121826
    thats rather irregular though for the 2.0L

I would not be suprised if the 06's with cobb stageII were hitting that though (101-103)
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Ive got an 02 with DP Accessport, GP moto intake, KN filter, Gutted stock UP, and exhaust. I pulled a new 6 speed G35 about 2 cars from 40 to 120 and was still pulling by him when I let off. I had a 120 lb passenger and he was alone.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless
    Its stock...I swear....and its N/A too
    ...thats not turbo spool you hear thats a vaccuum leak!

the STi is if you have the money, personally the wagon..and the wrx are cheap...the suspension/drivetrain...engine..interior just everything man...so when wrx members say "i would have gotten a wrx and made it faster than an sti" well in the end you will end up spending the same making it handle and drive and look like us ;D
    So Cal F4 # 10

every person i have come a cross in a 350Z has been a sack of sh1t,and they are way over rated,the g35 is a nice cruise car ,but there are a few who try,and i do mean try to make them fast. sorry for the hate ,but if you lived where i did you would agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    every person i have come a cross in a 350Z has been a sack of sh1t,and they are way over rated,the g35 is a nice cruise car ,but there are a few who try,and i do mean try to make them fast. sorry for the hate ,but if you lived where i did you would agree with me.

Wait till you come across one with a TT kit, the push over 300 WHP as I remember and are quite quick....
    '02 WRB WRX wingless

Quote Originally Posted by Blofe
    the STi is if you have the money, personally the wagon..and the wrx are cheap...the suspension/drivetrain...engine..interior just everything man...so when wrx members say "i would have gotten a wrx and made it faster than an sti" well in the end you will end up spending the same making it handle and drive and look like us ;D

Aren't the interior except for seats the same?

Id rather buy a WRX and build it to something than buy an STI and leave it stock. I <3 my WRX and have pulled a STI on the freeway and a couple from a stop, but also got left by a modded STI. Its all in what you prefer. I bought my wrx for 16k after trade in and have put 800 into it so far. I also just bought springs endlinks and sways for another 500...so we shall see. Next is tires and a good alignment and maybe a protune to get ready for next track season ~.
    '02 WRB WRX wingless

Quote Originally Posted by Ceyvme
    Wait till you come across one with a TT kit, the push over 300 WHP as I remember and are quite quick....
    still the car is way over rated. i would take the older 300 tt over the 350z like i said my major problem is with the person behind the wheel not the car

by the way my tuner has a tt 350z over 500 whp. so i know what they are like.need to be moving to get traction

Quote Originally Posted by sonicrx
    still the car is way over rated. i would take the older 300 tt over the 350z like i said my major problem is with the person behind the wheel not the car

by the way my tuner has a tt 350z over 500 whp. so i know what they are like.need to be moving to get traction

Definitely agree its overrated, in stock form at least. I mean, for 26k-30k, a Z is a great car to buy if you are in the market for a 2 seater. But I think people that buy the Z think they have a really fast car and its not that quick. I can speak from experience because I had a Z. I was somewhat disappointed after awhile, but for the price, it is not bad buy. If the Z was a better performer stock, it would probably cost alot more and nissan wouldnt sell as much. I kinda do miss the Z sometimes though because my wrx is still stock and as im sure you all know, a stock wrx is not that fun.

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    ....my wrx is still stock and as im sure you all know, a stock wrx is not that fun.
    My car is stock, and i am having pleanty of fun.

One of my good friends has a Z, and having driven that, a stock wrx (mine) and a stage 2 (toofast88) i have to say its pretty close between the Z and the stage 2. As in any race its the driver that matters most. I know that in the Z i did not feel as safe and secure as in the rex.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.