C6 vs DragStrip...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on C6 vs DragStrip... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last wed my friends and I went to Cecil County, MD to see how there cars would do on the ...

C6 vs DragStrip...

Last wed my friends and I went to Cecil County, MD to see how there cars would do on the track. Ended up being a fairly crappy night, cars where breaking down left and right on the track causing 30 minute delays. They finally got one car all cleaned up and out of the way when a new red c6 pulls up to the staging lanes, doesnt burn out just proceeds to the tree.

I would say he gave it a small rev, dropped the clutch and bye bye tranny. It was the saddest thing I have had to watch in awhile. We poured a little miller lite on the grass for our fallen hommie and his c6!
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    Last wed my friends and I went to Cecil County, MD to see how there cars would do on the track. Ended up being a fairly crappy night, cars where breaking down left and right on the track causing 30 minute delays. They finally got one car all cleaned up and out of the way when a new red c6 pulls up to the staging lanes, doesnt burn out just proceeds to the tree.

I would say he gave it a small rev, dropped the clutch and bye bye tranny. It was the saddest thing I have had to watch in awhile. We poured a little miller lite on the grass for our fallen hommie and his c6!
    I dont get it... why'd his tranny blow so easily??
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

basically no one had any idea. he just gave it a little rev and dropped the clutch it looked like, there was a loud bang the car rolled forward for about 100ft then there was just tranny fluid all over the ground and little pieces of tranny all over the track.

anyone heard of the c6's having weak trannys?
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Sounds like me on Friday. i sanpped a half shaft because I didn't warm up the tires enough. Thrack was cold, which led to poor traction and too many cars breaking. Even my buddy broke a shaft in his STi.

Are you sure it was his tranny? Since it sounds like exactly what I did, minus the fluid leaking ontop the track. He may have shreaded his rear end. The T-56 is a very stout tranny. I wheel hopped hard and the BANG! it broke and I limped to the side of the track. Lucky I didn't spit out any guts anywhere.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

The C6 tranny shouldn't be any weaker than C5. I've launched from various rpms from 2,500 - 4,500. I've made over two hundred passes with my Z06 and never had any problems with tranny or rear end, so my guess is one of those rare breakage, an anomally if you will.

BTW, typically rear end breaks way before tranny.

C6 tranny can definately handle being launched (especially if he's running the stock tires). Something wierd must have been going on.

I've heard of several bone stock WRX's blowing up their tranny's at the track. While my 02 WRX's tranny (Stage 4) handled 100's of launches perfectly fine.

I guess some people just have bad luck.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    It was his rear end...

I'm sure he will get a kick out of this thread, so I'll email it to him after work.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

YAY! I was right!

Tell him I feel his pain tommy. So what were you saying about my car having that problem because it was a Ford? lol
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

that's pretty cool, a whole thread and the only way it relates to this site is that one of those who posted has WRX
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    that's pretty cool, a whole thread and the only way it relates to this site is that one of those who posted has WRX

+1
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    I feel like I'm part of the Suby community. I still post in here for many reasons. I know a lot of members of this forum. I still keep in contact with them. I also keep up with all the current mods, etc , going on. If they change the look and power to the current STi, I may get another one. Also just because you don't currently drive a WRX doesn't mean your not part of the community anymore. I've owned a WRX and an STi. I have quite a bit of knowledge about each car. I also have family members that currently drive modded Suby's.

I feel its a complement when people make threads/post in a forum. It shows they are interested in the forum (WRXs and STi').
    Many of the current members of this forum either own a Subaru, use to own a Subaru, or want to in the future.

Over in the GTO forums we have plenty of WRX, STi, EVO, Cobra, Vette, etc owners making posts in the kill forum. I think that makes the forum a lot more interesting and increases the knowledge base.
    With the exception of the Trolls. But they usually get banned pretty quickly

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    I feel like I'm part of the Suby community. I still post in here for many reasons. I know a lot of members of this forum. I still keep in contact with them. I also keep up with all the current mods, etc , going on. If they change the look and power to the current STi, I may get another one. Also just because you don't currently drive a WRX doesn't mean your not part of the community anymore. I've owned a WRX and an STi. I have quite a bit of knowledge about each car. I also have family members that currently drive modded Suby's.

I feel its a complement when people make threads/post in a forum. It shows they are interested in the forum (WRXs and STi').
    Many of the current members of this forum either own a Subaru, use to own a Subaru, or want to in the future.

Over in the GTO forums we have plenty of WRX, STi, EVO, Cobra, Vette, etc owners making posts in the kill forum. I think that makes the forum a lot more interesting and increases the knowledge base.
    With the exception of the Trolls. But they usually get banned pretty quickly
    Well said and I agree with everything you stated. I too like to keep up with how other cars are doing.

NO! Only Subies can post! All others should be banned.

Lame!

If other car owners post, you might learn something about them and at the very least "know the enemy." I guess you would like it if you guys only posted subie vs. subie races. That way no other car will be talked about at all on this forum. I owned an STi (04) and a 2.5RS (00). I guess I have no reason to be here at all, even though I still like Subies.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.