Me and my buddy friendly race
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me and my buddy friendly race within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My car Wrx Vf34, sti pinks, cobb stage 2.5 My buddy Wrx, 2.5 shortblock with forged pistons and 18g turbo, ...

Me and my buddy friendly race

My car
    Wrx Vf34, sti pinks, cobb stage 2.5

My buddy
    Wrx, 2.5 shortblock with forged pistons and 18g turbo, fuel pump, and dynoed at 300 ft pounds of torque and 260 hp.

Well I figured I would get destroyed but we did some roll races from 2nd and 3rd gear and the most we could see was that he pulled a car length on me. Now give or take top end would be very different but I think we only raced to 100 or something. And my friend is also de-tuned because of his clutch and tranni being stock, so if he had that 18g maxed out I would be really toast.

Over all it was a fun race and I always find it fun racing your friends. I would like to go get my vf34 protuned to see what kind of numbers it will put out. Has anybody protuned there vf34?

Good race Michaels! Bump for good friend.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blizwinter
    My car
    Wrx Vf34, sti pinks, cobb stage 2.5

My buddy
    Wrx, 2.5 shortblock with forged pistons and 18g turbo, fuel pump, and dynoed at 300 ft pounds of torque and 260 hp.

Well I figured I would get destroyed but we did some roll races from 2nd and 3rd gear and the most we could see was that he pulled a car length on me. Now give or take top end would be very different but I think we only raced to 100 or something. And my friend is also de-tuned because of his clutch and tranni being stock, so if he had that 18g maxed out I would be really toast.

Over all it was a fun race and I always find it fun racing your friends. I would like to go get my vf34 protuned to see what kind of numbers it will put out. Has anybody protuned there vf34?

Good race Michaels! Bump for good friend.
    18g+sti block+good tune= 350whp
    03 PSM WRX(Herbie)- Deceased
    05 PSM STI(Angus)- New numbers coming soon!

Pics and Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Blizwinter

My buddy

wtf Does he not have EM or something.

A WRX running a 2.5shortblock and 18G tuned should me waking near 350whp a absolutely DESTROY a cobb2.5
    How he dyno'd 100whp less than he should be is beyond me.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

A WRX running a 2.5shortblock and 18G tuned should me waking near 350whp a absolutely DESTROY a cobb2.5
    Did you not read the post? It said it was detuned. Stock clutch and tranny.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

yeah guys, read the whole post....but anyways.

protuned vf34's have been done before. look for around 280-300 whp depending on dynos, but thats what I've seen recently. I'm not sure if those were with an aftermarket tmic or not, though. Sorry.
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

I think if you read slowly, he answered your concerns...

Yeah I did post everything thanks guys for the backup there. But yeah I don't have the money right now for a new tranni but I would like more power out of my vf34 over stage 2.5.

it was a fun race and my tranny and clutch will be geting done soon as well as a FMIC, but i'm prolly geting a sz49 good races though !!
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by BamBooI
    Did you not read the post? It said it was detuned. Stock clutch and tranny.
    Even with a stock clutch and tranny you can make 300whp without problems.
    04' SRR WRX TXS Stg 2 Sold

Quote Originally Posted by RedlineFL
    Even with a stock clutch and tranny you can make 300whp without problems.
    I didn't say you can't. I just posted the reason. Maybe he doesn't want it to break or risk it.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Quote Originally Posted by BamBooI
    I didn't say you can't. I just posted the reason. Maybe he doesn't want it to break or risk it.
    when my friend Ryan got tuned the guy who tuned him, I can't remember the company, but the guy said his clutch started slipping when they started to go higher hp. So they just detuned him down to that. And 300 ft/lbs of torque is quite a lot on the tranni.

Xotic Motorsports
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelsrex
    Xotic Motorsports
    yup that's it, I forgot.

I don't know Xotic nor have I ever been there, But why is that everyone in the area comes back and says my car was detuned for one reason or another? If you locals want a tune, myself and twenty5psi will tune your car or even help you tune your cars. I'll even swap you cars so you have something to drive. Neither one of you needs a dyno tune. Buy wideband and learn how the electronics works in your car. You can tune yourself. Start thinking outside the box.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TTupgst
    I don't know Xotic nor have I ever been there, But why is that everyone in the area comes back and says my car was detuned for one reason or another? If you locals want a tune, myself and twenty5psi will tune your car or even help you tune your cars. I'll even swap you cars so you have something to drive. Neither one of you needs a dyno tune. Buy wideband and learn how the electronics works in your car. You can tune yourself. Start thinking outside the box.

Tim
    Well Tim, I know that since I have a accessport I would have to buy a streetuner which is probley like your wideband, if I get one, which might be in the spring i'll let u know and you can help me out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast