Me and my buddy friendly race - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Me and my buddy friendly race within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BamBooI I didn't say you can't. I just posted the reason. Maybe he doesn't want it to ...

Quote Originally Posted by BamBooI
    I didn't say you can't. I just posted the reason. Maybe he doesn't want it to break or risk it.

If you have 300 WHP on a stock tranny, You wont even really be able to enjoy that much power with out breaking it in a very short amount of time. No matter what anyone else says, that is the bottom line. Stock will break if you beat it with 300 whp
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TTupgst
    I don't know Xotic nor have I ever been there, But why is that everyone in the area comes back and says my car was detuned for one reason or another? If you locals want a tune, myself and twenty5psi will tune your car or even help you tune your cars. I'll even swap you cars so you have something to drive. Neither one of you needs a dyno tune. Buy wideband and learn how the electronics works in your car. You can tune yourself. Start thinking outside the box.

Tim
    I'm in this area. I have not been detuned. Therefor, "everyone" is an incorrect statement.

Xotic is a good tuning shop, so implying that they are at fault is not very nice, but then, maybe that wasn't your intention.

Nice gesture though, to offer tuning support for the locals. What systems do you have experience on?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I'm not bashing Xotic, sorry if it came out that way. Just seems like more than a handfull of people in this area have gone there for tuning(not just WRX's), came back saying they were "detuned". The reason ask is because I wondered if it was way to get people to comeback again.
    I really don't care for dyno tuning. My personal view is that is for bragging rights because a dyno can't simulate real world conditions. I've seen too may dyno tuned cars go to the track and run like ass. Go back to the dyno and run fine on the dyno. If someone doesn't have experience in how electronic fuel injection works, and no one to help then I guess they are stuck with going to the dyno.
    When I tune a car for someone, and clutch starts slipping, they get it back that way. It's only way you can get people to fix the problem. If not they just go buy another flashy hp booster for the engine and still don't go any faster. I have a different way of thinking I guess.
    In this town of shall we say "tuner posers" I'd like to help the few out who really do have the passion for speed.

Where are you from anyhow?

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm in Oxford. Andy, who does a lot of the tuning on WRX's at Xotic is pretty kewl and knowledgable. He and I would both be the first to agree that a dyno tune is not where you should stop. However, it is an excellent starting point as it does provide the proper span for getting 90% of the parameters in place. A road tune is a must if you are planning on extracting all the power over a range that is useable, and not just peak.

Where are you at and what systems can you tune? Always looking for folks who can do this.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Tim,Brandon and Ryan both ignore me now that my car isn't out anymore for the winter..Ryan only IM's me to find out silly questions about who can build what motor for a certain friend and then ignores me when I tell him what he should do and Brandon calls me up to go to hooters and then when I'm already to go he tells me they're leaving an hour before I get out of work..Must be a subaru thing

I'll agree with giving them the car back with a slipping clutch..Most people will NOT fix their problems if everything 'seems' fine..And then when they break something they'll complain and cry that it costs too much to fix it or they should sell their car..You have to pay to play and more-so when you're trying to push 300-400 hp through oem parts that were never meant to handle power at those levels..
    1.Fast
    2.Reliable
    3.Cheap
    You can only pick 2,not all 3..Fast and reliable will not be cheap..Cheap and fast will not be reliable..Reliable and cheap will not be fast..
    Stage:Faster than your average Boobaruuu..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.