My next car will be a Lotus Elise - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on My next car will be a Lotus Elise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Janus and life +1 you beat me too it. it'll more then likely end your life, cause ...

Quote Originally Posted by Janus
    and life
    +1

you beat me too it. it'll more then likely end your life, cause chances are you were taking a turn.. and taking it too fast... which in a Elise is PRETTY FRIGGIN FAST. also since its rear engined... there isnt much between you and the impact, so ya that sucks.

but I wouldnt mind dying in a Elise, there are many other worse ways to go.. like choking on a potato chip or falling down the stairs or something
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A colleague I work with here has one, and I have to say, it's the worst driving vehicle I have ever been in. I mean it's looks great and handles very well, but getting in and out of was a chore. I am a bit tall so it was hard. Once inside, both the driver and passenger are literally sitting shoulder to shoudler. To say the suspension is hard, would be an understatement. A great track car and weekend vehicle, but in my opinion, no daily driver. As for the US models, the suspension maybe toned down, but I am not sure.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

How tall are you?
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Im buying one in less than a year alittle college graduation present to myself I need to call and see how bad insurence is going to kill me though.
    "WE RACE FOR EXCELLENCE" - SUBARU
    Bugeyed Mafia 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Himsk8
    how bad insurence is going to kill me though.
    Insurance. Hell u beter hope you swerve bunny rabits so your car dont total out. j.kn

Leme know when you get ur insurance quote i would like to see how bad it is
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    Insurance. Hell u beter hope you swerve bunny rabits so your car dont total out. j.kn
    I'd watch out for large leaves.

Maybe it won't be too bad because its a 4 banger. Sometimes insurance is funny like that.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Forget the Lotus! No more two-seaters for me! I used to be a part of the MR2 community. I had a '93 Turbo and an '89 SC and after getting my STI a have never looked back. Cars like that are toys - totally impractical. At least with my MR2s I had a trunk and a "frunk," but the Lotus has nothing more than a "gap" for storage. Beatiful car though!

Another question: how in hell did they get 400 HP out of that Toyota engine in the Elise? See below:http://www.caranddriver.com/article....page_number=14

For the longest time the Celica community was *****in' about how their high-strung engines couldn't be modified...
    Last edited by 333; 11-26-2005 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    I'd watch out for large leaves.

Maybe it won't be too bad because its a 4 banger. Sometimes insurance is funny like that.
    I agree with the leaves. Them fern leaves can be a real heart breaker
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

Quote Originally Posted by 333
    Another question: how in hell did they get 400 HP out of that Toyota engine in the Elise? See below:http://www.caranddriver.com/article....page_number=14

For the longest time the Celica community was *****in' about how their high-strung engines couldn't be modified...
    MODIFICATIONS (all parts made by Forcedfed except as noted):
    Engine and transmission: Race 400 turbo kit, $11,000; strengthened engine, $9500; Cusco limited-slip differential, $995; ACT Xtreme clutch, $395; valve cover, $389; Walbro 255LPH fuel pump, $119; labor, $7580

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List taken from their full mod list on the website. Im sure they beefed up the internals and lowered the compression so they could turn up the boost without too much worry about detonation.Almost $ 10,000 in "strengthen engine mods" means a lot.. titanium everything perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    I was considering an Elise when I bought the C6, but what turned me off was the comfort factor that all the mags talk about. If I was looking for a "toy only" car and not a summer daily driver, then I would have probably gotten one. Base models go for ~$39-40K which was $15k less than the Vette (loaded) but $15k in power mods would be a sight to see... Stock that thing would murder me in the corners, but I thought I saw a mag where they compared the two on a track and although the Lotus handled better, the C6 took it by quite a bit due to it's balls in the straights...

Either way, I think the Exige is the most beautiful, ugly car I have ever seen! If I was four inches shorter and 30 lbs lighter, I would have FOR SALE signs on the Vette by now!

I say you made a good decision. The vette will kill one all day long.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Himsk8
    Im buying one in less than a year alittle college graduation present to myself I need to call and see how bad insurence is going to kill me though.
    If you're in a similar situation as me (I'm looking at getting an Elise after college... so we should be about the same age), the Elise is cheaper than the WRX STi for insurance... better gas mileage too. That makes it TOTALLY worth the extra 20 grand, right? RIGHT?! God, I hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by DFA2100
    If you're in a similar situation as me (I'm looking at getting an Elise after college... so we should be about the same age), the Elise is cheaper than the WRX STi for insurance... better gas mileage too. That makes it TOTALLY worth the extra 20 grand, right? RIGHT?! God, I hope so...
    In my eyes... the Elise is the only car in the US that is a "pure" drivers car. Sure, there are lots of performance cars.. some that are faster, some that are more comfertable, some that will seemingly raise your social status (E55 AMG), some that handle better.
    But with the Elise...
    its sole purpose is to have as much performance as possible and have as much fun as humanly possible while driving from point A to B while not caring about anything else.

Everything that isnt performance related is stripped right outta the car!!

-Anything that has to do with Comfort. (comfertable seats, soft suspension, navi, sound deafening material)
    -Looks / Class (its ugly and beautiful at the same time)
    -Decent Trunk.
    -Etc etc etc

hell, if it wasnt for Goverment regulations this thing wouldnt even have airbags.

thats why I love it and want one. It only has what you need. a body, an engine, a tranny, and some wheels to get you there.

I'd get a Donkervort
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

I just want a car with no rattles.
    luxury is 1.00 BAR+ of boost and the inability for your passenger to touch the dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    In my eyes... the Elise is the only car in the US that is a "pure" drivers car. Sure, there are lots of performance cars.. some that are faster, some that are more comfertable, some that will seemingly raise your social status (E55 AMG), some that handle better.
    But with the Elise...
    its sole purpose is to have as much performance as possible and have as much fun as humanly possible while driving from point A to B while not caring about anything else.

Everything that isnt performance related is stripped right outta the car!!

-Anything that has to do with Comfort. (comfertable seats, soft suspension, navi, sound deafening material)
    -Looks / Class (its ugly and beautiful at the same time)
    -Decent Trunk.
    -Etc etc etc

hell, if it wasnt for Goverment regulations this thing wouldnt even have airbags.

thats why I love it and want one. It only has what you need. a body, an engine, a tranny, and some wheels to get you there.
    It does it well! I love my Elise! I couldn't be happier with my decision!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.