My next car will be a Lotus Elise - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on My next car will be a Lotus Elise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ihatepants as a former elise owner, I have to say that I loved the car. the acceleration ...

Quote Originally Posted by ihatepants
    as a former elise owner, I have to say that I loved the car. the acceleration is amazing, and it handles quite well. the only problems with it are that it's uncomfortable to ride in for long trips, and that there's no storage room whatsoever (if that's important to you). it's a car that you'd want to have a good time in, but it's very much more of a toy than anything else. also, if you're bigger/taller than I am (6'0" 190lbs), you're gonna have a hard time getting in/out/fitting in the car, especially with the roof on.

pictures here
    I agree about the comfort factor ... but it wasn't that bad, drove it from NC to WA, 3400 miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ihatepants
    as a former elise owner, I have to say that I loved the car. the acceleration is amazing, and it handles quite well. the only problems with it are that it's uncomfortable to ride in for long trips, and that there's no storage room whatsoever (if that's important to you). it's a car that you'd want to have a good time in, but it's very much more of a toy than anything else. also, if you're bigger/taller than I am (6'0" 190lbs), you're gonna have a hard time getting in/out/fitting in the car, especially with the roof on.

pictures here
    I concur...I really planned on getting one until I went to test drive it. After just sitting in it for a few minutes, I wasnt even interested in driving it anymore. I'm 6'2" 230lbs and wear an 11 4E shoe. I couldnt get in w/o hitting my head. The seats were not designed for my Linebacker type build and caused some very painful pressure points after just a few moments. I also could not depress the clutch w/o catching the edge of both the brake and the dead pedal. Its a shame really because I love the car on paper, its just that it wasnt designed ergonamically for me.
    A C6 on the other hand...
    2004 Forester XTi 5MT PSM
    Click for Pics/Slips/Vids/Mods

defending ESX STi

If you look at the road course numbers, the sti was the fastest except for the elise's and the winning evo iirc. If you ignore the acceleration data, which as they said was skewed because the driver was unfamiliar with the car, and was unable to launch the car properly. Basically he was used to a rear drive launch, which will caused the sti to bog, ruining its times. Now look at the specs. It's 200 lbs heavier, has 30 less hp, and 50 less lb-ft, which is more the factor on track, and it still posted a .2 second slower time i believe. the two limiting factors it faced, as the mag said was it's acceleration data, and it's obnoxiously high pricetag, if the car posted another .5 second faster 1/4, and cost 10k less, i'd bet it'd been a much more serious contender.
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

im 6'4 and still growin. I love the cars but i seems im little to tall for them Ne body gota clue on this?

O yea i found a page of cobra r vs the elise Elise a tize me captian
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

Ya I'm 6' 3". I've heard if your over about 5' 11" the exige is going to be cramped but the elise is convertible so the sky is literally the limit.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    I was considering an Elise when I bought the C6, but what turned me off was the comfort factor that all the mags talk about. If I was looking for a "toy only" car and not a summer daily driver, then I would have probably gotten one. Base models go for ~$39-40K which was $15k less than the Vette (loaded) but $15k in power mods would be a sight to see... Stock that thing would murder me in the corners, but I thought I saw a mag where they compared the two on a track and although the Lotus handled better, the C6 took it by quite a bit due to it's balls in the straights...

Either way, I think the Exige is the most beautiful, ugly car I have ever seen! If I was four inches shorter and 30 lbs lighter, I would have FOR SALE signs on the Vette by now!

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN91709
    its a freakin expensive go-cart

Yeap, but that's the coolest part. I'd pimp a go-kart on the street if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    im 6'4 and still growin. I love the cars but i seems im little to tall for them Ne body gota clue on this?

O yea i found a page of cobra r vs the elise Elise a tize me captian
    Great read!... just gotta wait till im 25~30 to get a elise / extige... and with just a turbo on that sucker.. its gonna fLY!@!@! down the strip or around the track..

mwahahaha
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Ya I'm 6' 3". I've heard if your over about 5' 11" the exige is going to be cramped but the elise is convertible so the sky is literally the limit.
    Yea till you gota wear saftey glasses to drive it cuz bugs hit you in the face over the win shield
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    Yea till you gota wear saftey glasses to drive it cuz bugs hit you in the face over the win shield
    Thats true. That would look so funny if your head was above the windshield. If you wanted to go fast you'd have to tuck down like on a sportbike.
    FORZA FERRARI

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    : If you wanted to go fast you'd have to tuck down like on a sportbike.
    If you dont wont welts on ur face from road debri hittin you then tuck down. Sucked if it rains. I could make a clear poncho or shower curtin bubble to stick my head out ove.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____

I agree with'ya brother. I drive a a MR2 spyder, its very similar to the Elise( in a slower, heavier, not-as-cool kind of way). I love it. Its got nasty loud exhaust, and rubs the heck out the fenders. gets crazy gas milage. You got to love a car like the Elise; so focused. You would probally have to set up a take-a-number roll things for chicks.

Getting in a crash in an Elise would really ruin your day.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalNuke
    Getting in a crash in an Elise would really ruin your day.
    and life
    luxury is 1.00 BAR+ of boost and the inability for your passenger to touch the dashboard

ya you'd definitely need something else for a daily driver.

I bet an H1 would be safe .
    FORZA FERRARI

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast