My next car will be a Lotus Elise - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on My next car will be a Lotus Elise within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I would rock an Elise too. Btw, I think that STi was having slipping clutch problems.. thats why the times ...

I would rock an Elise too. Btw, I think that STi was having slipping clutch problems.. thats why the times sucked.
    - F r a n z
    Bucky with teh lime powah!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Franz
    I would rock an Elise too. Btw, I think that STi was having slipping clutch problems.. thats why the times sucked.
    Ahh I see. To bad makes the ESX STi's look bad when a big magazine has such crappy times.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    Whats the top speed on an exige? I've heard the top speed is some what lacking compared to its blazing 0-60 time. But I'm
    not sure of thats true or not.

top speed = 147 MPH... i wouldnt want to go past 120 in that car... man since its so light its probably so unstable and scary... but then its got all those aerodynamic body parts working for it... wow... that would be so unreal... GOD I WANT ONE NOW!

when the exige comes to the US its going to be about 50,000 $
    http://automobilemag.com/2006_new_ca...3_lotus_exige/
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

50,000 doesn't seem to bad for a car with that kind of performance/rareness. Since its a Toyota engine reliability/maintenance costs shouldn't be as bad as alot of exotic out there.
    FORZA FERRARI

Although good cars, they are not the handling dream you would think. You should be able to hang with him in some turns in your car once you get more familiar with the roads, and maybe go to racing school. I'm not saying that to slam you, but to pull you up saying that your car really can handle. Usually from what I've seen celica's beat them regularly auto-x. I know my car beats them on the road course. Their acceleration is nice for what it is, but it's still only a 13 second car.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

as a former elise owner, I have to say that I loved the car. the acceleration is amazing, and it handles quite well. the only problems with it are that it's uncomfortable to ride in for long trips, and that there's no storage room whatsoever (if that's important to you). it's a car that you'd want to have a good time in, but it's very much more of a toy than anything else. also, if you're bigger/taller than I am (6'0" 190lbs), you're gonna have a hard time getting in/out/fitting in the car, especially with the roof on.

pictures here

yeah, the elise is freaking sick around the turns. Basically a $45k go-kart that will outhandle any other factory production automobile.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

id rather get this car http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/04/frames.htm i remember they had a segment about it on that 5th gear or top gear show
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

^ I saw that on topgear. Its pretty cool.
    FORZA FERRARI

SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Awesome car. My clients son just got one in orange. It has black rims on it. Real eye catcher You know for the ladies, and cops
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Yeah I've seen two of them in my life, one just passing by and the other at KTR, ripping down their straight-away driveway. They sound so sick.
    luxury is 1.00 BAR+ of boost and the inability for your passenger to touch the dashboard

My dream garage is an Elise for the summer, an STI for the winter and a M3 for the track.
    Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan
    Just like the lottery is for people who are bad at math... street racing is for people who are bad at life.

lotus

The owner of the company that I work for sold his Ferrari 360 because he said his Lotus was more fun. He also has a Lamborghini Diablo.

Yeah I could see how the Elise would be more "fun" its a smaller lighter car. It seems like more of a car you'd want to drive alot. I mean Ferrari's are the ultimate driver car but it seems like so many people just keep them as museum pieces.
    FORZA FERRARI

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast