Spanked an STI
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Spanked an STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ran a black STI today. It looked like it had an exhaust. He got next to me, 30 mph, we ...

Spanked an STI

Ran a black STI today. It looked like it had an exhaust. He got next to me, 30 mph, we both hit it, i suprsingly started to pull away, up to 100mph i was a good 3-4 cars ahead. We did it again at 60-100mph and i got about 1-1.5 cars! We tried talking to the kid, he wouldnt talk, we asked him to stop at a gas station and he was like 'whatever man im not in the mood.' Must have been a shock that he lost to us.

p.s. we raced the sti in our nicely modded wrx

i also ran a wrx in my r32. Guy is in front of me and floors it, i was in my sweet spot, i would easily get on his ass. WRX sucks towards the triple digits. Then he gets next to me and floors it unsuspectidly, i was in 4th at 60mph (should have been at 3rd but didnt feel like downshifting), till about 80 we were side by side but i started to pull easily and got about a car before i let off.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill. he was probably mad he got beat by a lowly wrx.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

ya vf22 w/ cams and mods and **** should kick sti ass
    nice killl
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

Quote Originally Posted by le wagon
    ya vf22 w/ cams and mods and **** should kick sti ass
    nice killl
    vf22 doesn't need cams. but it would give an sti a good run..
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

I've beaten an STi w/turbo back and Cobb tuning. I'm only Cobb Stage 2+. Those STi's aren't that scary.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe
    I've beaten an STi w/turbo back and Cobb tuning. I'm only Cobb Stage 2+. Those STi's aren't that scary.

i've beaten a gallardo drag racing also they arent that scary driver matters.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

we just got a new turbo yesterday but havent installed it yet. t518z greddy!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

hmmmmmm,looks delicious!!!
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    we just got a new turbo yesterday but havent installed it yet. t518z greddy!

pics!!! dyno numbers soon maybe? oh and nice kill 2
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

show him how we do it ELLHNARA ...
    RALLY ACROPOLIS FOR LIFE
    you can't arrest me am'a rock n roll star!!!
    RALLY ACROPOLIS-GREECE

Ran a black STI today. It looked like it had an exhaust. He got next to me, 30 mph, we both hit it, i suprsingly started to pull away, up to 100mph i was a good 3-4 cars ahead. We did it again at 60-100mph and i got about 1-1.5 cars! We tried talking to the kid, he wouldnt talk, we asked him to stop at a gas station and he was like 'whatever man im not in the mood.' Must have been a shock that he lost to us.

p.s. we raced the sti in our nicely modded wrx

i also ran a wrx in my r32. Guy is in front of me and floors it, i was in my sweet spot, i would easily get on his ass. WRX sucks towards the triple digits. Then he gets next to me and floors it unsuspectidly, i was in 4th at 60mph (should have been at 3rd but didnt feel like downshifting), till about 80 we were side by side but i started to pull easily and got about a car before i let off.
    what kinda numbers are you putting down? it seems like you would have beat him by a lot more w/ a VF22, 2.5 liter, and cams
    2000 Laser Red Ford Mustang GT 5 speed
    gears, suspension, brakes, bolt-ons
    13.724@101.01 w/ a 2.0 60' (mods were gears and X-pipe on street radials w/ a STOCK suspension)
    FOR SALE OR TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by dccphs
    what kinda numbers are you putting down? it seems like you would have beat him by a lot more w/ a VF22, 2.5 liter, and cams
    dont know what kind of numbers, but its pretty fast. Im automatic, and we have the stock torque converter in, and i can mesh the gas and get all 4 tires to spin. thats impressive imo.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

dont know what kind of numbers, but its pretty fast. Im automatic, and we have the stock torque converter in, and i can mesh the gas and get all 4 tires to spin. thats impressive imo.
    how high can you rev the motor with the TC? like foot on brake, lauching kinda thing
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    how high can you rev the motor with the TC? like foot on brake, lauching kinda thing
    well, this is kinda wierd, but i can break torque to about 2700-3000 for about 3seconds than all of a sudden it pops up to about 4000 and i let go of the break and i can launch harder than 5speeds. and this is stock torque converter because they messed up the first transmission with the high stall torque converter and were getting our money back.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

that is kinda odd, but whatever works.. theres nothing like launching an AWD .. what kinda 60fts are u putting down?
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast