Short race vs Evo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Short race vs Evo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a very short race w an Evo tonight omw to work..I think it was an Evo VIII, as ...

Short race vs Evo

I had a very short race w an Evo tonight omw to work..I think it was an Evo VIII, as it was debadged in the back except for the Mitsu label, and had altezza lights. It was from a roll, about 50-90ish, I didn't downshift, just saw him fly up on my rear and just floored it from low 4th on and since that was my only chance I took it. He stayed on me pretty well, started about a car length back and held that for a bit. By the time we were around 90 it looked like he had fallen back 1-2 car lengths and then I let off. I was under the impression that they had a stronger top end..so I thought that was surprising. I didn't get to ask him about his car or go again, had to take a right turn for work. My mods..

'98 Impreza RS
    EJ205 swap, stock turbo @ 16psi, Ecutek reflash
    STi RA gears w 4.11 fd
    3" TBE
    gutted uppipe
    IC hose

I would've liked to go from a stop, but he stayed back when we had a perfectly clear light, no traffic ahead etc. Would've been nice to go awd vs awd, I get very few races so that would've been a good challenge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill, and i envy your car

Quote Originally Posted by wrx slob
    truth

not to get off topic, but someday i really wanna do that swap and im just curious how much the actualy swap costed you? if you dont mind me asking, and was the engine used or new etc..

At the time...w parts and labor not including mods or EM..around 7k, but you can definetly get it cheaper now. I originally sourced the engine as head/block/oilpan w engine wiring harness, but I still had to source quite a bit so it's cheapest to just buy it fully complete w main bulkhead harness and ECU. I had to do that since I don't have a lift, and it had to be light/small enough to store in my garage and lift by hand.. With the cost of the car and all mods I spent about 20k total.

I'd think it's possible to get the exact same setup for a few k less now, maybe 17k w the cost of the car..The 02-04 blocks are plentiful and cheaper, especially w the STi ones and the new 2.5 WRX one. I got the engine used from a california resident, had 13k miles on it and was a daily driver, he swapped out to put a jdm ej207 in. I haven't had any problems except a low boost situation which was fixed by the wastegate mod, other than that it runs like it should. Aftermarket stuff I ordered by choice online, and the RA gears were from Rallispec, and installed by Rallispec..total on that was $1,800 but it included all the bits and pieces.

thanks for the info...sounds like you put a lot of work into your car and it definetly payed off

nice car.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Quote Originally Posted by wrx slob
    Yea I miss my 2.5rs. So stupid for selling it. Should have done the same swap you did
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.