Stg 1 WRX vs Modded Mini Cooper S
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg 1 WRX vs Modded Mini Cooper S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my mods 2005 WRX Up-pipe Lightweight pulley Short throw shifter H-tech lowering springs Cobb Accessport Flashed to stage I Mini ...

Stg 1 WRX vs Modded Mini Cooper S

my mods
    2005 WRX
    Up-pipe
    Lightweight pulley
    Short throw shifter
    H-tech lowering springs
    Cobb Accessport Flashed to stage I

Mini Cooper S
    Carbon Fiber hood
    Exhaust(blowing out black smoke like crazy)
    No sure of any other mods

We did two races, one was from a 10mph roll, he was leading i was behind him, race was dead even up to 70mph when i slowed down.

Second race was from a stop but he was in front of me. I slipped the clutch out but realized i was either going to ram into him, brake really hard or shift early, so i shifted to 2nd at 4k and he pulled a half car on me and held it there till 90mph. The car was quick, def matched me dead even from a roll. If i could have launched on him i think i could have easily held him off till 100mph or so, but i think once i shifted to 4th he would have started to pull on me. I was happy with the results, i am not sure of his mods, but he was blowing out black smoke pretty badly. Oh and he could shift really good, i could hear his shifts since the exhaust was really loud and he def shifted quickly.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cobb Stage two and a half.

It is a Mini. My lawn mower probly has a bigger engine than those things. The black smoke doesn't make it sound too great either. How hard could it be to beat ?

Those thing have some pep to them. There are some highly modified ones out there. 1.6L supercharged and its really light.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Uh well as far as i know a stock Cooper S traps right around the same as a stock WRX and a modded cooper could have had a smaller pulley or something could easily hang with a stage I wrx. I guess you guys here don't know that much. Its not like a 2.0 is a huge engine please. Don't comment if you don't know what your talking about.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

some stats from C&D on a convertible cooper s (only 114lbs heavier than the coupe)...

MINI COOPER S CONVERTIBLE
    Vehicle type: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 2-door convertible
    Price as tested: $28,670 (base price: $25,450)
    Engine type: supercharged and intercooled SOHC 16-valve inline-4, iron block and aluminum head, port fuel injection
    Displacement: 98 cu in, 1598cc
    Power (SAE net): 168 bhp @ 6000 rpm
    Torque (SAE net): 162 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm Transmission: 6-speed manual
    Wheelbase: 97.1 in
    Length/width/height: 143.9/66.5/55.5 in
    Curb weight: 2848 lb Zero to 60 mph: 6.6 sec
    Zero to 100 mph: 17.9 sec
    Street start, 5-60 mph: 7.5 sec
    Standing 1/4-mile: 15.2 sec @ 93 mph
    Top speed (drag limited): 134 mph
    Braking, 70-0 mph: 155 ft
    Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.87 g
    EPA fuel economy, city driving: 25 mpg
    C/D-observed fuel economy: 20 mpg

doesn't add up.

with a $5000 Stage III kit from Mni Mania the car reaches 60mph in 5.3 seconds. possible he had a similar setup? (CAI, charger pulley, ECU remap etc)

Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan
    some stats from C&D on a convertible cooper s (only 114lbs heavier than the coupe)...

MINI COOPER S CONVERTIBLE
    Vehicle type: front-engine, front-wheel-drive, 4-passenger, 2-door convertible
    Price as tested: $28,670 (base price: $25,450)
    Engine type: supercharged and intercooled SOHC 16-valve inline-4, iron block and aluminum head, port fuel injection
    Displacement: 98 cu in, 1598cc
    Power (SAE net): 168 bhp @ 6000 rpm
    Torque (SAE net): 162 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm Transmission: 6-speed manual
    Wheelbase: 97.1 in
    Length/width/height: 143.9/66.5/55.5 in
    Curb weight: 2848 lb Zero to 60 mph: 6.6 sec
    Zero to 100 mph: 17.9 sec
    Street start, 5-60 mph: 7.5 sec
    Standing 1/4-mile: 15.2 sec @ 93 mph
    Top speed (drag limited): 134 mph
    Braking, 70-0 mph: 155 ft
    Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.87 g
    EPA fuel economy, city driving: 25 mpg
    C/D-observed fuel economy: 20 mpg

doesn't add up.

with a $5000 Stage III kit from Mni Mania the car reaches 60mph in 5.3 seconds. possible he had a similar setup? (CAI, charger pulley, ECU remap etc)

a trap speed of 93mph for a stock mini cooper S is right around what alot of wrx owners trap stock. I am stage I so i assume 95 mph trap is what i could expect. The Cooper S had at the very least an exhaust so who knows it could have had more, but either way it was not stock. I don't see how the story isn't what was expected, it was from a roll not a dig.

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    I guess you guys here don't know that much. Its not like a 2.0 is a huge engine please. Don't comment if you don't know what your talking about.

Well if ony people who knew what they were talking about posted, there would be a total of about 3 new posts every day.

I guess i'm just on of the morons who makes it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtuner2006
    Well if ony people who knew what they were talking about posted, there would be a total of about 3 new posts every day.

I guess i'm just on of the morons who makes it interesting.
    never a truer(lol what a word to use)statement made
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

I made the mistake of underestimating a Mini in my stage 1. He took off and I was at the bottom of second thinking I would just reel him in quickly. I didn't know his mods but I am still not sure if I pulled any distance between us up to about 80 mph. Its hard to say what was what without knowing mods but just to let you know it happened to me too

Ive pulled on my buddies stock JCW anniversary mini s, and i was also stock. They are quick but i was also behind him when we started the race, I pulled on him till around 80 when we both started to slow down. I was a good 3-4 car lengths on him too.
    STI fog covers and splitters
    STI replica front and rear strut bars
    Prodrive Springs
    Helix V3
    Espelir Catback
    Cobb Stage 2

i drove a Mini Cooper S when I was Stage 1 like a million years ago. it did not feel that fast to me; I let the owner of that car drive mine, since he let me drive his; he thought mine was teH fastar.

but with unequal drivers, who knows?
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    i drove a Mini Cooper S when I was Stage 1 like a million years ago. it did not feel that fast to me; I let the owner of that car drive mine, since he let me drive his; he thought mine was teH fastar.

but with unequal drivers, who knows?
    The mini cooper S i raced was not stock, it had at the very least an exhaust and i would not be shocked if it had a pulley. I floored it in 2nd gear shifted to 3rd and floored it in third and i was not gaining on him and he might have been creeping on me if anything, it had nothing to do with the driver, his car was quick.

I can believe I also had an intersting experience with a mini once, I beat it but it was fast. I talked to the guy and a pulley/exhaust/intake is just under 200whp, he says with a tine +injectors he will be around 210whp as light as those cars are its believeable to me anyways.
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

I'm not at all suprised it was as close as it was. I raced a stock Cooper S when my car was stock from about 70-120ish (obviously on a closed racetrack), and I was suprised how slowly I pulled away from him. About 2 carlengths, but they're quicker than you'd think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.