got spanked by a mustang... strange... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on got spanked by a mustang... strange... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; *cough* bullsheeit *cough* if i still had the teg... i'd definitely take you for a spank test. im surprised that ...

*cough* bullsheeit *cough*

if i still had the teg... i'd definitely take you for a spank test. im surprised that you have all that to say, considering boosted tegs kill stangs on the street every day in the bay. if you really need to know, go ask somebody.

other than that... learn about hondas before you talk all that jazz.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DEMENTED
    *cough* bullsheeit *cough*

if i still had the teg... i'd definitely take you for a spank test. im surprised that you have all that to say, considering boosted tegs kill stangs on the street every day in the bay. if you really need to know, go ask somebody.

other than that... learn about hondas before you talk all that jazz.
    dude, come on. first, 203 hp out of a turbocharged anything is just pitiful. second, youre not gonna take a stock GT w/ a decent driver from a stop. launching FWD is a *****. third, your weight advantage isnt enough to make up for 40+ hp. i dont know all the details about your "race" with the GT, but unless he sucked balls at driving, its not gonna happen. unless it was a stock 94-98 GT. those all made considerably less hp outta the box
    2000 Laser Red Ford Mustang GT 5 speed
    gears, suspension, brakes, bolt-ons
    13.724@101.01 w/ a 2.0 60' (mods were gears and X-pipe on street radials w/ a STOCK suspension)
    FOR SALE OR TRADE!

200whp in a properly driven Integra is good for mid-high 13's at over 100mph. I dont know why all of you think these things are so slow, 200whp on a 2600lb car, fwd or not, is going to move, the mustang may have a 40whp advantage but the integra has it by almost 1000lbs. You should all do a little research before you start running your mouths, Mustangs arent all that fast stock, its a Ford not a damn Ferrari ....An intake, full exhaust, cam setup on a GSR will give a stock 99+mustang a run for the money, and thats a good 25-30whp less than what he was pushing on a pretty conservative turbo setup.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 11-03-2005 at 12:50 AM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    200whp in a properly driven Integra is good for mid-high 13's at over 100mph. I dont know why all of you think these things are so slow, 200whp on a 2600lb car, fwd or not, is going to move, the mustang may have a 40whp advantage but the integra has it by almost 1000lbs. You should all do a little research before you start running your mouths, Mustangs arent all that fast stock, its a Ford not a damn Ferrari ....An intake, full exhaust, cam setup on a GSR will give a stock 99+mustang a run for the money, and thats a good 25-30whp less than what he was pushing on a pretty conservative turbo setup.

WERD
    damn, finally someone who knows what they are talkin about. lol

hey dccphs,
    believe it or not... "pitiful turbocharged anythings", in this case a turbocharged LS integra can do 13s easy. i consistently ran 13.6s on regular falken street tires only at 7psi with a t3/t4 turbo. imagine if i ran on some slicks and actually got traction. dont believe it? maybe you should do some research or go visit a track. maybe then youll know what youre talkin about, before you get spanked and embarrassed on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    You need to get some EM such as a Cobb Accessport. Oh and of course exhaust parts such as a downpipe and an exhaust. A bigger turbo wouldn't hurt with corresponding fuel mods such as a pump and injectors. Oh don't forget the uppipe. While you're at it you might as well get some internal work done just for kicks. Then you'd have to get a Cobb Accesstuner if that's the case and a custom tune. Oh hell just throw on a 50 shot. If you do all that you should be able to beat that pesky Mustang.
    to funny!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

WERD
    damn, finally someone who knows what they are talkin about. lol

hey dccphs,
    believe it or not... "pitiful turbocharged anythings", in this case a turbocharged LS integra can do 13s easy. i consistently ran 13.6s on regular falken street tires only at 7psi with a t3/t4 turbo. imagine if i ran on some slicks and actually got traction. dont believe it? maybe you should do some research or go visit a track. maybe then youll know what youre talkin about, before you get spanked and embarrassed on the street.
    im sorry, i got a little out of hand. i should not have said pitiful. that was below the belt, and i would like to apologize for it. anyway, im not saying a 203 whp FWD at 2600 lbs isnt fast. it probably has a great top end range, even though im not sure what type of gearing those have. all i was trying to say is that in a top end race, the teg would give the stang a good run, and depending on conditions, drivers, etc. might beat the stang. but from a stop (like at the track) i would put my money on a decently driven mustang gt. they are capable of running high 13s in stock trim, and have personally witnessed many go 13.9 @ 98-100mph. i'd say im an average driver and ive run a best of a 13.7@ 101 and my only mods were rear gears and an X pipe (gain of ~8rwhp total). the main reasons that most imports arent very good from a stop is b/c of their lack of tq, gear ratios favoring the top end, and FWD (which causes wheel hop). ive never personally seen a FWD car on street tires run any faster than a 2.2 60'. not saying it cant or never was done, but i think its very rare. thats all i was trying to get across
    2000 Laser Red Ford Mustang GT 5 speed
    gears, suspension, brakes, bolt-ons
    13.724@101.01 w/ a 2.0 60' (mods were gears and X-pipe on street radials w/ a STOCK suspension)
    FOR SALE OR TRADE!

Quote Originally Posted by dccphs
    im sorry, i got a little out of hand. i should not have said pitiful. that was below the belt, and i would like to apologize for it. anyway, im not saying a 203 whp FWD at 2600 lbs isnt fast. it probably has a great top end range, even though im not sure what type of gearing those have. all i was trying to say is that in a top end race, the teg would give the stang a good run, and depending on conditions, drivers, etc. might beat the stang. but from a stop (like at the track) i would put my money on a decently driven mustang gt. they are capable of running high 13s in stock trim, and have personally witnessed many go 13.9 @ 98-100mph. i'd say im an average driver and ive run a best of a 13.7@ 101 and my only mods were rear gears and an X pipe (gain of ~8rwhp total). the main reasons that most imports arent very good from a stop is b/c of their lack of tq, gear ratios favoring the top end, and FWD (which causes wheel hop). ive never personally seen a FWD car on street tires run any faster than a 2.2 60'. not saying it cant or never was done, but i think its very rare. thats all i was trying to get across

its all good, man.

the non-vtec integras are known for torque as compared to the gsrs. with a t3/t4 turbo, it kicks real hard... especially in 2nd gear all the way to 5th. the stang has more horsepower and traction at a stop though... so a bad launch can definitely cost a race. i still have respect for some good ol' fashioned american muscle, though.

yeah, ive been watching out for one of these/ civic/hatch so i dont get to embarressed but then again ive only been beaten by things i already knew i couldnt beat... would be kinda cool

all i got to say is DAMN... im missin my boosted integra !
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

I think that with any Mustang you just never know what you are getting. Anyone that is willing to race you could have anything from a V-6 and ignorance to a ported and polished supercharged V-8 and a bone to pick or anything in between.

Why? Aftermarket. The Mustang aftermarket is crazy. All you have to do is look at a magazine rack. How many mags are dedicated to Stangs and nothing else? What other car has multiple magazines like that? Not many, thats for sure. Heck, the 05-06 stangs are still new and the aftermarket is struggling to produce.. and yet there is already 5-6 CAIs out there right now. There are at least 3 SCs. There are even some turbos being produced... even a twin turbo settup, (how stupid-fast would that be?).
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    I think that with any Mustang you just never know what you are getting. Anyone that is willing to race you could have anything from a V-6 and ignorance to a ported and polished supercharged V-8 and a bone to pick or anything in between.

Why? Aftermarket. The Mustang aftermarket is crazy. All you have to do is look at a magazine rack. How many mags are dedicated to Stangs and nothing else? What other car has multiple magazines like that? Not many, thats for sure. Heck, the 05-06 stangs are still new and the aftermarket is struggling to produce.. and yet there is already 5-6 CAIs out there right now. There are at least 3 SCs. There are even some turbos being produced... even a twin turbo settup, (how stupid-fast would that be?).

Yep Good point. I'm not a fan of stangs but you can't beat the truth.
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.