CTS-V test drive and up coming race possibly??

This is a discussion on CTS-V test drive and up coming race possibly?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend has a CTS-V and i took it for a ride. And i gotta be honest i wasnt that ...

CTS-V test drive and up coming race possibly??

My friend has a CTS-V and i took it for a ride. And i gotta be honest i wasnt that impressed. The pedals were very soft and also the steering was not at all stiff. The steering didnt feel responsive and the wheel was huge. The shifting was very long and felt kinda sloppy. It did handle pretty nicely which was nice and i do like the front grills on it. The acceleration was ok, deffinitly not a 4.6 to 60 car that caddy claims. But def was pretty quick. This kid wants to run it what you think? I have an extremely fast stage 2 car for some reason lol. Full turboback and ecutek it made 225 on a dynodynamics dyno. Ive been evos and Sti's. The sti was from a dig but then when we went from a roll he took me past 100. The evo was from a first gear roll and once i hit third my car got like 2 cars on his. What you guys think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good luck. Youre gonna need it if you race him.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

yea but car and driver only got like 5.1 out of it.........and were going a quater mile..... i think it will be close.

I'm gonna have to go with the caddy. I'm sure you'll need more than a stage2 to hang with one. From a dig I'm sure you can hold him off for a while but he'll eventually catch up and fly by you. From a roll I don't think you have a chance.

From the dig (you said 1/4 mile) you might have a chance if he doesn't know how to launch the thing, and if you are really good at launching, you will probably take him. If he knows how to launch you will be in trouble once you hit the 60 mph mark, he will be coming on hard. From a roll, Fuggedaboudit, you won't be able to take him unless he misses gears.

Good Luck
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

When I was at the track last time I saw a CTS-V with intake and exhaust running 12.2's

good luck
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by evothis
    My friend has a CTS-V and i took it for a ride. And i gotta be honest i wasnt that impressed. The pedals were very soft and also the steering was not at all stiff. The steering didnt feel responsive and the wheel was huge. The shifting was very long and felt kinda sloppy. It did handle pretty nicely which was nice and i do like the front grills on it. The acceleration was ok, deffinitly not a 4.6 to 60 car that caddy claims. But def was pretty quick. This kid wants to run it what you think? I have an extremely fast stage 2 car for some reason lol. Full turboback and ecutek it made 225 on a dynodynamics dyno. Ive been evos and Sti's. The sti was from a dig but then when we went from a roll he took me past 100. The evo was from a first gear roll and once i hit third my car got like 2 cars on his. What you guys think.
    I have driven a couple of these, when I was priviledged enough to work part time at a Cadillac dealer. I had to transport one from Syracuse To Rochester(about 75-80 miles). I also felt that the shifts were to long and sloppy, but almost every T-56 i've driven has felt the same. Steering doesn't have the same feel as the WRX, but it does handle nice.
    Anyway, if you are running anything over an 1/8th mile kiss your ass goodbye. I'm not sure if you took your buddies car on the highway, but if you didn't ask him again and drop the hammer from a 70mph roll....amazing acceleration. I mean come on it's pretty much a Z06 in cadillac clothing! Car magazines aren't always the best proof of what a car can actually run...have you ever seen how they launch a car for testing? Gas to floor........ obviously not the best way to launch 400hp RWD car.
    Stock or something close to it.....

i heard there really hard to launch though and this is a kid driving it too.

ive took on one once with no problem. you should be fine.
    bill
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

If it is not brand new that means it is most likely experiencing the classic CTS-V violent wheel hop and they are pretty hard to launch from what I hear. If he does not get a great launch and you do nail a good launch then I think you could take him or alteast it will be really close. If launch is anything less than perfect though, I would count on losing.
    From a roll, do not even think about it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

its an older CTS-v like the first year it was out..........maybe the turbo upgrade might just have to come in. 300 wheel sounds real good. no contest then.....

btw my step dad has a zo6 which ive driven hard on numerous occasions..........Dont ever put ZO6 and Caddy in the same sentence lol. this was nothing at all like a zo6. I didnt think the caddy pulled that hard.

Honeslty dude, once he gets traction he is going to pass you. Those cars are very fast up top. It has a damn Z06 motor in it. My stage 2 STi 300whp 331wtq beats stock Z06's but they start pulling around 120
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)