Audi S4? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Audi S4? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Henryk I doubt the guy I raced had 420hp either, but that's what he claimed. In the ...

Quote Originally Posted by Henryk
    I doubt the guy I raced had 420hp either, but that's what he claimed. In the end, I still drove the Subie home, and he got to drive the S4, so maybe I did lose. S4's are nice looking cars.
    hahaha! great point. S4s are killer cars..!

are you modded at all ?
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanDDS
    I've seen dyno sheets on a well mod S4.
    291WHP and 298ftlbs on 91 octane
    How does a Stage 2 WRX compare?
    I should have clarified in that a stage 2 06 WRX would have a chance.

06 Stage 2 WRX should put out close to the same numbers and maybe higher torque numbers (depending on elevation and dyno used). This is only a guestimate of course, since there aren't really any stage 2 figures out there yet (at least from cobb). Based on the fact that it has the 2.5 liter with a slightly smaller turbo, the numbers shouldn't be that far off from an STi at stage 2.

The audi weighs in at a porky 3800-3900 depending on tranny choice. The WRX comes in at a comparatively svelt 3200-3300 lbs. Do the math.

High speed run will be another story though.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

When I raced the S4 I was at a Cobb Stage 2 with 225hp/225tq. I don't think he launched, but I put about 6 car lengths on him in no time. I raced him before that and could catch him from a roll, too. They are nice looking cars, but a WRX Stage 2 or better will have no problems with a stock S4. I'm now Stage 2.5 and have pulled on M3's up to around 110mph, after that they pull strong.

I raced a TT S4 from a roll when I was stock, he had TBE and a chip. He walked away from me like I wasn't even moving.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I raced a TT S4 from a roll when I was stock, he had TBE and a chip. He walked away from me like I wasn't even moving.
    Chipping a turbo car is waaaaay different than chipping a N/A car.

A S4 V8 gain 45-60hp from chip, exhaust and intake...

Now a TT S4 with those mods is different story.
    06 Wrx Wagon, blue, 5spd
    05 350Z Roadster, super black, 6spd, Borla TD exhaust, K&N
    02 HD "Fat Boy" custom
    02 HD Ultra Classic - 95 hp & 109 ft-lbs
    02 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior - 92.4 hp & 114 ft-lbs
    01 Kawasaki Drifter 1500

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Normally a N/A car will not gain 45-60hp from an intake/exhaust/chip. 20-30hp is normally what you will see.
    while this is generally true I tend to look towards VW in this respect. The N/A VW VR6 will still pick up some pretty decent gains from a chip so I would think that their similarly designed V8 might do something in the same ballpark. 60chp from intake/exhaust/chip... probably not. but 45/50 chp from intake/exhaust/chip on a V8 = very possibly IMO.

The new S4's run mid 13's it seems from what I have seen so if you are stock 06' then I would say you are going to lose this one. If you drive the hell out of your car and he just your average driver you might hang and make it pretty close, but most likely you will lose... From a roll, dont even think about it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

You definately cant mod the S4 like you used to be able to on the twinturbo's. Or like you can on the WRX's for that matter.
    Obviously I'm still a fan of the Subaru's since I'm here.
    But I think my next car would have to be more luxury while still being quick. Maybe the S8. That would be nice.
    2008 BMW M5 (E60) V10
    2005 S4 4.2 L V8 Black (traded)
    2002 WRX- (traded)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.