Raced an LS1 Camaro ...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced an LS1 Camaro ... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It was from a roll. We both turned in a two-lane turn onto a long straightaway. We got up to ...

Raced an LS1 Camaro ...

It was from a roll. We both turned in a two-lane turn onto a long straightaway. We got up to about 40 when he hit it, so I did and we were pretty even up to about 85-90, which is when he started pulling pretty hard on me. I shut down at 100 with him two or three cars ahead. Nice guy though. He complimented my car and said "I can't even drive this thing in the winter!" Damn. I need more top-end power. I'm sure the VF34 will help.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice death... I am sure he was not even trying the whole time if it took him until 80mph to pull you.. It takes an LS1 about 1sec to start putting hard distance on a td05 wrx, especially if you are only trapping 96mph with your current setup.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    nice death... I am sure he was not even trying the whole time if it took him until 80mph to pull you.. It takes an LS1 about 1sec to start putting hard distance on a td05 wrx, especially if you are only trapping 96mph with your current setup.
    Well I think you're right ... I was about a half car ahead of him when we hit it so he was probably making up that ground for the first couple seconds and then taking off the rest of the time. Well it was fun nonetheless.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

VF34 will not help...

Quote Originally Posted by KINGSKY
    VF34 will not help...
    Yes, it will...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by KINGSKY
    VF34 will not help...
    Yes it will. The ls1 camaro's that are stock run like high 13s at 103mph at the dragstrip I go to.. I run 12.9@105 mph and 12.8@104. So I might be able to take one from a roll. Now if they got mods then to wrx.
    12.8@104 w/ 1.86 60'
    274awhp/270tq (dynojet)
    vf22/pinks/up/exhaust/pump/mbc/bov/ecutek

Quote Originally Posted by BamBooI
    Yes it will. The ls1 camaro's that are stock run like high 13s at 103mph at the dragstrip I go to.. I run 12.9@105 mph and 12.8@104. So I might be able to take one from a roll. Now if they got mods then to wrx.
    Stock they run very low 13's, and there have been a few people to get them into the 12.9x's bone stock...
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    Stock they run very low 13's, and there have been a few people to get them into the 12.9x's bone stock...
    The track times are effected by altitude, temp, and other variables. Just because stock LS1 F-Body runs low 13s at your location or other locations doesn't mean it will at BamBooI's region.

The bone stock 2002 - 2004 Z06 has been known to run high 11s, but because of DA at my local track, the best stock Z06 time is 12.2, my best bone stock time is 12.4.

All the stock LS1 Camaros I see at the track in my area (NYIRP) are in the mid-high 13's @101-105 too. My cobb stage 2.5 runs in the low-mid 13's @ 101-104, so theres not much of a difference there, and I dont even have a custom tune. Internet times are only so good, everyone being from all over the country times are going to vary from place to place, so just because so and so ran low 13's in Nevada or California or something, doesnt mean they would in New York or PA. I have NEVER seen a stock LS1 Camaro or Firebird run faster than mid 13's with my own eyes, and the ones runnnig Bolt-ons + mild cams are usually hitting mid-high 12's at my track.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    I have NEVER seen a stock LS1 Camaro or Firebird run faster than mid 13's with my own eyes, and the ones runnnig Bolt-ons + mild cams are usually hitting mid-high 12's at my track.
    But as you said, it depends on a lot of different things. I have seen LS1's running better than mid to high 13's and in fact I know a group of guys who all drive domestic muscle and a few of them went low 13's in an SS, firehawk, WS6 all bone stock.
    It all depends, but they are CERTAINLY capable of low 13's with good conditions and the right driver.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I owned a 2000 z28 (auto), bone stock, for a couple years. At the track, my best quarter was about 13.70. Some F-bodies are freaks, some are not. Some are considerably faster than others. The best i've seen at the track are 6speed SS's WS6's running 13.3s stock. I have also beaten (tied) many auto SS's and WS6's. I raced a WRX once and he hung with me by a few car lengths to 100; i didnt know what sort of mods he had.

Now I have 2006 WRX TR and I like it a lot. It is not as fast as my z28, but I can drive it all YEAR!!!!! YEA (Special Ed Style)

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    It all depends, but they are CERTAINLY capable of low 13's with good conditions and the right driver.
    I agree with this. On LS1tech and couple of other LSx sites that I've moderated, seen many low 13 time slips with bone stock LS1 F-Bodys.

I only have an intake, and a freakin' intake manifold that the '01's+ have, and I'm in the 12's......

1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

I only have an intake, and a freakin' intake manifold that the '01's+ have, and I'm in the 12's......

your not a camaro tho... and if it took all the way til 80 for him to pull on you, then he was just toying with you, those things are roll monsters, and their respective times and traps dont do them justice, they are just coming alive at higher speeds... even more so than at lower speeds.... there is no replacement for displacement.. the closest thing is high boost .. but even thats not enough sometimes
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

If you are referring to Vararam, that is an air induction system, not an intake. The intake manifold is called "intake".

Again, DA and other variables effects track times. For a every low 13 second stock LS1-Fbody, I could show you mid to high 13 stock LS1 F-body slips.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.