Raced an LS1 Camaro ... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Raced an LS1 Camaro ... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wrxtony Damn. I need more top-end power. hehe nice death. Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps All the stock ...

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    Damn. I need more top-end power.

hehe nice death.

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    All the stock LS1 Camaros I see at the track in my area (NYIRP) are in the mid-high 13's @101-105 too....I have NEVER seen a stock LS1 Camaro or Firebird run faster than mid 13's with my own eyes, and the ones runnnig Bolt-ons + mild cams are usually hitting mid-high 12's at my track.
    I've talked you you before, nice car for the mods (not a flame) IIRC your about 5-5 tall?

Not for nothing but I know a handfull of LS1 guys that have run 13.2 to 13.0 100% stock LS1 cars at NYI. And seen the M6 cars trap 107 to 109 stock there.
    Last edited by studderin; 11-20-2005 at 08:56 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jlb725
    The LS1 in the Camaro won't make as much power as the LS1 in the Vette because of emissions system. The power in both cars is underrated from the factory.
    - Jim
    Yes, I remember on the LT1 equipped Camaros and Vettes, the Vettes were rated at 300 and the Camaro 275. The reason were the emissions systems and more restricitve exhaust system for the Camaros.

The same held for the LS1 motors where the range was 305-320 for the Camaro and 350 for the Vette depending on model years.

The Vettes were a little faster due to aerodynamics, weight, less exhaust restriction and the associated extra power.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj

The same held for the LS1 motors where the range was 305-320 for the Camaro and 350 for the Vette depending on model years.
    No F-body LS1 ever had 305 HP at the crank.
    04 Silver STi M6

f-body cars actually dyno a bit better than corvettes due to the IRS and the heavier wheels and runflats.....
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Is that a joke? The hp/lbs is in favor of the vette. The Vette sporting the same LS1 is much faster in the 1/4 then the SS and WS6.
    I race an LS1 SS from a 10mph roll and I was shifting into 3rd when he started pulling on me. Because the way and where we raced I didn't get a chance to launch and only had about 1/4 lead from the get go.
    Wrong.

The Z06 and the '99-'00 FRC (Fixed Roof Coupe) Vettes have significant weight advantage.

You would think a Vette would be much quicker through the 1/4 than an F-bod, but it's not.
    2005 SAAB 9-2x - Stage II

Good run dude, I hung with a WS6 from a roll....with a Stage 2 06 wrx. I let off about 110, because I couldn't close the gap....but he wasn't pulling on me once I shifted into 4th.

EDIT: He had the bolt ons too, so he was faster than stock. So it was a fun race. I would have probably pulled him if he were stock.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Good run dude, I hung with a WS6 from a roll....with a Stage 2 06 wrx. I let off about 110, because I couldn't close the gap....but he wasn't pulling on me once I shifted into 4th.

EDIT: He had the bolt ons too, so he was faster than stock. So it was a fun race. I would have probably pulled him if he were stock.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan

True story!
    You can even read all the facts and details here (set aside about 1 hour of reading time and drink some MYLANTA before going there):
    WS6 vs 06 WRX stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted

dtr, you always amaze me...... anything can happen on the street, and a stage 2 06 puts down about 270wtq.
    Oh but its true! He raced a WS6 which had a FULL ROLL CAGE, CAM, and smelled of RACE GAS! He hung with it! It's all true!

dtr, you always amaze me...... anything can happen on the street, and a stage 2 06 puts down about 270wtq.
    ding ding ding ding ding.

I recall a few years back reading about a mini cooper that raced a somewhat heavily modded evo on a local forum. The mini did win, against a broken evo. I know the owner of the evo, and he thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthFL_9-2x
    Oh but its true! He raced a WS6 which had a FULL ROLL CAGE, CAM, and smelled of RACE GAS! He hung with it! It's all true!
    sorry..... didnt read the whole thread..... i thought we were talking about a stock WS6....

sorry..... didnt read the whole thread..... i thought we were talking about a stock WS6....
    Funny thing, only Stupidman knows what kind of WS6 he raced, as the WS6 changes in every post.

Please do not make an assumption based on a lack knowledge pertaining to the situation. I simply made the rotfl smiley because there is a thread right below this one about that guys WS6 race which has basically 10 pages of arguing and my smiley was referenced towards the idea that the WS6 debate would now show itself up in here since he posted that in this thread and I thought it was funny because now there are two threads that have agruments about the same race

And for record, yes, I did call the guy in the other thread. Sure anything can happen on the street, I believe that just as much as the next guy. The reason I called him out in the other thread is because he feels that his car (an 06' stage2) has the capabilities of running close to an LS1 WS6 w/ full bolt on's including a cam and race gas (which has them running in the low 12's atleast and trapping considerably over 110mph). Sure anything can happen on the street... but if you beat a car that over a full second faster than you in the 1/4 and traps 10mph higher than you and you think that what happened is NORMAL.. then that is where I start to laugh and call people out.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    stupidman has spoken

I just laughed at myself, as I've stood back and realized that I've been intermittently arguing with a guy by the name of StupidMan on the internet for the past few hours.
    Lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast