Ultimate Street Car Challenge 2005 - Who do YOU think will win and why? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Who will win the 2005 Ultimate Street Car Challenge?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2002 HPA Audi TT Twin-Turbo

3 3.57%
  • 2000 XS Engineering Nissan Skyline GT-R

14 16.67%
  • 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo by Brian McGaha

9 10.71%
  • 1993 Toyota MR-2 Turbo by David Vesprime

0 0%
  • 1993 Mazda RX-7 LS-1 powered by Mark Corbett

8 9.52%
  • 2004 Dyno-Comp Subaru WRX STi by Richard Garcia

21 25.00%
  • 2003 APS Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII by Tom Pasalacqua

15 17.86%
  • 2001 Honda S2000 Supercharged by Brett Mayes

3 3.57%
  • 1991 Acura NSX Supercharged by James Chen

4 4.76%
  • 2003 APR "EVIL-R" Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII

7 8.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Ultimate Street Car Challenge 2005 - Who do YOU think will win and why? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; man, subaru's can't even come close to winning this event... its not like the car can't be dialed in the ...

man, subaru's can't even come close to winning this event... its not like the car can't be dialed in the handle great... power is the big problem with the subaru, but now we have 2.5L stock! i know tons of rich people own STi's... and lots of money can make it happen!!! rich people, give me a lil money and i'll point you in the right direction!
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    man, subaru's can't even come close to winning this event... its not like the car can't be dialed in the handle great... power is the big problem with the subaru, but now we have 2.5L stock! i know tons of rich people own STi's... and lots of money can make it happen!!! rich people, give me a lil money and i'll point you in the right direction!
    i know exactly what directin to go , i just dont have about 80,000 to invest into a project
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    Actually I picked up the SCC with the results in it. The Subaru did very well actually, it placed 3rd overall and was almost never worse than mid pack in any of the contests. On top of that with 489whp it was one of the most powerful cars in the contest and placed 3rd in the 1/4 mile too (with an 11.57 @ 2710ft elevation)... The only contest it didnt really do that great in was the skidpad (although it did pretty well on the roadcoarse), and it still put down 0.988G's (that was the 2nd worst score on the skidpad btw, the only lower was a DNF, so all these cars were pulling over 1G)
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 10-30-2005 at 05:15 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Actually I picked up the SCC with the results in it. The Subaru did very well actually, it placed 3rd overall and was almost never worse than mid pack in any contest. On top of that wirh 489whp it was one of the most powerful cars in the contest and placed 3rd in the 1/4 mile contest too... The only contest it didnt really do that great in was the skidpad (although it did very well on the roadcoarse), and its still put down 0.988G's (that was the 2nd worst score on the skidpad btw, the only lower was a DNF, so all these cars were pulling over 1G)
    its only a matter of time and money before an sti will win this event.. all the pieces are there.. its just a matter of testing and pushing different parts and finding the right combo of OWNAGE
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Quote Originally Posted by blackrex02
    its only a matter of time and money before an sti will win this event.. all the pieces are there.. its just a matter of testing and pushing different parts and finding the right combo of OWNAGE
    My thoughts exactly. I was glad just to see one in it, this is the first year (that I can think of) that there has been any Subaru entered at all. In the preview issue (last months) they said the STi was almost lag-less with the turbo setup it had, and I believe it was the only car that was driven by its owner rather than opting for a professional driver, I beleive it was daily driven too. It was also the only car in the contest that could legitamatly pass California emissions testing
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Yeah, a properly set-up suspension would have helped that thing a bit. But you have to admit that r34 was ill, too bad it was held in the states, and it shouldn't have been there.
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234