Any 06 WRX'ers have run ins against chipped 1.8T Jetta's?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

This is a discussion on Any 06 WRX'ers have run ins against chipped 1.8T Jetta's? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm wondering how I would do against my friend who has a chipped 1.8T (APR tuned) Jetta vs. an 06 ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Pastapuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    286

    Any 06 WRX'ers have run ins against chipped 1.8T Jetta's?

    I'm wondering how I would do against my friend who has a chipped 1.8T (APR tuned) Jetta vs. an 06 WRX.

    Thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User Tgui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Arlington VA
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastapuck
    I'm wondering how I would do against my friend who has a chipped 1.8T (APR tuned) Jetta vs. an 06 WRX.

    Thanks
    nasioc post

  4. #3
    Registered User Mr Kooyulator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,038
    i think you'd take em. just make sure you have good shifts if youre running from a roll, those things have some pick up and go when chipped.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

  5. #4
    Registered User 8urVTEC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hampton...RT 78
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kooyulator
    i think you'd take em. just make sure you have good shifts if youre running from a roll, those things have some pick up and go when chipped.
    youll walk away from a roll and really put lengths on him from a stop
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    If you're stock, you'll probably get pulled on from a roll. Stop, no problem...

    If you've done anything besides just a catback, you should pull on one.

    Keep in mind, most chipped 1.8t's have tbe's and some other basic boltons.

    mine's running about 190-195whp and 245-250ft/lbs of tq. about this time of year guesstimated on a dyno I did in 97 degree weather with only a catback and a friend's car with similar mods. The 3" dp alone made it boost 2psi more and the cold weather helps with the small ass turbo trying to push all that boost. Dyno that day was 181.9/234...
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

  7. #6
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    If you're stock, you'll probably get pulled on from a roll. Stop, no problem...

    If you've done anything besides just a catback, you should pull on one.

    Keep in mind, most chipped 1.8t's have tbe's and some other basic boltons.

    mine's running about 190-195whp and 245-250ft/lbs of tq. about this time of year guesstimated on a dyno I did in 97 degree weather with only a catback and a friend's car with similar mods. The 3" dp alone made it boost 2psi more and the cold weather helps with the small ass turbo trying to push all that boost. Dyno that day was 181.9/234...
    You say that in every VW thread

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    You say that in every VW thread
    hey, 1.8t never loses.

    oh, and that's because that's about what every chipped 1.8t with a tbe and some other boltons puts out...with a stock turbo.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

  9. #8
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    hey, 1.8t never loses.
    I thought it was my 626 that never loses

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I thought it was my 626 that never loses
    what's a 626?

    mazda?
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

  11. #10
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    what's a 626?

    mazda?
    Yup. It's fAstArer

  12. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Yup. It's fAstArer
    hmmm thinking bikes....your only 10 off from a 636...which is faster...
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

  13. #12
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,593
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    hmmm thinking bikes....your only 10 off from a 636...which is faster...
    That's because it's 10 more than my 626.

  14. #13
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,938
    1.8t's never lose. Chipped, they're faster than a F16.

  15. #14
    Registered User 04wrx4keeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Central NY/ Western PA (for school)
    Posts
    520
    Going off what I've read about the 06 WRX, from a roll it would probably be pretty close with a chipped 1.8T running the stock turbo (probably a loss for the VW with nothing but the chip), from a stop its hands down to the WRX. I've read a few places that the 06 should be able to hit high 13's in the 1/4, which wouldnt surprise me at all with the extra torque and supposed lack of turbo lag (which should make the 06 pretty nasty off a roll too). He'd need a pretty well modded stock turbo 1.8T to run into the 13's, my best friends 1.8T GTI ran a best of 14.3@97 (might have been 14.4, its been a few years) chipped with an AEM intake, and hes a pretty good driver too.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Going off what I've read about the 06 WRX, from a roll it would probably be pretty close with a chipped 1.8T running the stock turbo (probably a loss for the VW with nothing but the chip), from a stop its hands down to the WRX. I've read a few places that the 06 should be able to hit high 13's in the 1/4, which wouldnt surprise me at all with the extra torque and supposed lack of turbo lag (which should make the 06 pretty nasty off a roll too). He'd need a pretty well modded stock turbo 1.8T to run into the 13's, my best friends 1.8T GTI ran a best of 14.3@97 (might have been 14.4, its been a few years) chipped with an AEM intake, and hes a pretty good driver too.
    intakes don't do much for turbo cars..
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •