Any 06 WRX'ers have run ins against chipped 1.8T Jetta's?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Any 06 WRX'ers have run ins against chipped 1.8T Jetta's? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm wondering how I would do against my friend who has a chipped 1.8T (APR tuned) Jetta vs. an 06 ...

Any 06 WRX'ers have run ins against chipped 1.8T Jetta's?

I'm wondering how I would do against my friend who has a chipped 1.8T (APR tuned) Jetta vs. an 06 WRX.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pastapuck
    I'm wondering how I would do against my friend who has a chipped 1.8T (APR tuned) Jetta vs. an 06 WRX.

Thanks
    nasioc post

i think you'd take em. just make sure you have good shifts if youre running from a roll, those things have some pick up and go when chipped.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kooyulator
    i think you'd take em. just make sure you have good shifts if youre running from a roll, those things have some pick up and go when chipped.
    youll walk away from a roll and really put lengths on him from a stop
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

If you're stock, you'll probably get pulled on from a roll. Stop, no problem...

If you've done anything besides just a catback, you should pull on one.

Keep in mind, most chipped 1.8t's have tbe's and some other basic boltons.

mine's running about 190-195whp and 245-250ft/lbs of tq. about this time of year guesstimated on a dyno I did in 97 degree weather with only a catback and a friend's car with similar mods. The 3" dp alone made it boost 2psi more and the cold weather helps with the small ass turbo trying to push all that boost. Dyno that day was 181.9/234...
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    If you're stock, you'll probably get pulled on from a roll. Stop, no problem...

If you've done anything besides just a catback, you should pull on one.

Keep in mind, most chipped 1.8t's have tbe's and some other basic boltons.

mine's running about 190-195whp and 245-250ft/lbs of tq. about this time of year guesstimated on a dyno I did in 97 degree weather with only a catback and a friend's car with similar mods. The 3" dp alone made it boost 2psi more and the cold weather helps with the small ass turbo trying to push all that boost. Dyno that day was 181.9/234...
    You say that in every VW thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    You say that in every VW thread
    hey, 1.8t never loses.

oh, and that's because that's about what every chipped 1.8t with a tbe and some other boltons puts out...with a stock turbo.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

I Support ClubWRX
    hey, 1.8t never loses.
    I thought it was my 626 that never loses

I thought it was my 626 that never loses
    what's a 626?

mazda?

I Support ClubWRX
    what's a 626?

mazda?
    Yup. It's fAstArer

Yup. It's fAstArer
    hmmm thinking bikes....your only 10 off from a 636...which is faster...

I Support ClubWRX
    hmmm thinking bikes....your only 10 off from a 636...which is faster...
    That's because it's 10 more than my 626.

1.8t's never lose. Chipped, they're faster than a F16.

Going off what I've read about the 06 WRX, from a roll it would probably be pretty close with a chipped 1.8T running the stock turbo (probably a loss for the VW with nothing but the chip), from a stop its hands down to the WRX. I've read a few places that the 06 should be able to hit high 13's in the 1/4, which wouldnt surprise me at all with the extra torque and supposed lack of turbo lag (which should make the 06 pretty nasty off a roll too). He'd need a pretty well modded stock turbo 1.8T to run into the 13's, my best friends 1.8T GTI ran a best of 14.3@97 (might have been 14.4, its been a few years) chipped with an AEM intake, and hes a pretty good driver too.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    Going off what I've read about the 06 WRX, from a roll it would probably be pretty close with a chipped 1.8T running the stock turbo (probably a loss for the VW with nothing but the chip), from a stop its hands down to the WRX. I've read a few places that the 06 should be able to hit high 13's in the 1/4, which wouldnt surprise me at all with the extra torque and supposed lack of turbo lag (which should make the 06 pretty nasty off a roll too). He'd need a pretty well modded stock turbo 1.8T to run into the 13's, my best friends 1.8T GTI ran a best of 14.3@97 (might have been 14.4, its been a few years) chipped with an AEM intake, and hes a pretty good driver too.
    intakes don't do much for turbo cars..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.