Any 06 WRX'ers have run ins against chipped 1.8T Jetta's? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Any 06 WRX'ers have run ins against chipped 1.8T Jetta's? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YZFWV intakes don't do much for turbo cars.. No they dont (honestly they dont a whole lot ...

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    intakes don't do much for turbo cars..
    No they dont (honestly they dont a whole lot for any car), but just like any flow mod it depends alot on how restrictive the stock intake system is, and where its sourced from. It also depend on what you consider "doing much", I dont consider sub 10whp gains to be "doing much" but others would....it still doesnt change anything I wrote though...

However I have seen before and after dyno's of the AEM cold air on an otherwise stock 1.8T GTI with an 8-9whp gain...My friend looked up a number of them before he bought the intake.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 10-22-2005 at 01:20 AM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You would beat a chipped 1.8t from a roll or dig they fall flat on there face after 4000rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    No they dont (honestly they dont a whole lot for any car), but just like any flow mod it depends alot on how restrictive the stock intake system is, and where its sourced from. It also depend on what you consider "doing much", I dont consider sub 10whp gains to be "doing much" but others would....it still doesnt change anything I wrote though...

However I have seen before and after dyno's of the AEM cold air on an otherwise stock 1.8T GTI with an 8-9whp gain...My friend looked up a number of them before he bought the intake.
    Ehhh, it added 20 rwhp to my Cobra. No lie!
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Ehhh, it added 20 rwhp to my Cobra. No lie!
    thats hot, like I said, it all depends on how restrictive or poorly designed the stock system is. 20whp is CRAZY (unless your refering to intake manifold...) for just an intake, thats awesome.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

my buddy has a chipped 1.8t wagon with Tbe exhaust, Fmic & boost set around 20 psi and that thing hauls ass i wouldn't beat me but it would have put a hurting on me stock maybe even an 02 rex with a down pipe he would still prolly pull
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by 04wrx4keeps
    thats hot, like I said, it all depends on how restrictive or poorly designed the stock system is. 20whp is CRAZY (unless your refering to intake manifold...) for just an intake, thats awesome.
    K&N FIPK II, it is pretty much just a large cone that goes in the place of the original filter.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Unless the 1.8t has a bigger turbo that stock baby it comes with I wouldn't worry about racing one.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    Unless the 1.8t has a bigger turbo that stock baby it comes with I wouldn't worry about racing one.
    Have you seen one? They're so cute!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Have you seen one? They're so cute!!!!
    Yes I have, and i thought my turbo was small. You'd be hard pressed fitting a quarter in the inlet.

3 guys from my work all bought Golf GTI's. 1 let me drive it. The good news is there is zero turbo lag. Bad news is you cant even tell it is turbo'd. I wasnt impressed at all but i fed their ego a bit and was gargling out my a-s-s how it pulled nice and bla bla bla.

Overall the car is nice but definatly needs to be heavily modded.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.