New Charger

This is a discussion on New Charger within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced one last night and to my surprise I beat him. I was behind him on the interstate and ...

New Charger

I raced one last night and to my surprise I beat him. I was behind him on the interstate and he proceeded off an exit ramp. We finally got lined up after like three lights and traffic with nobody in front of us. I got next to him and revved a little to see if he was interested since he was an older guy and he romped on it as if to say "I will eat you four-cylinder boy." I must say it sounded cool. So the light goes green and I launch on the uprev at about 5500 and chirped it slightly out of the hole. I managed to put about 1 1/2 cars out of the launch, stayed that way through second and then added another 1/2 car or so through third. I shut down at about 95-100 as did he. He pulled next to me at the next light, which goes around a curve and talked for a sec. Nice guy. He said he was surprised "the little four-banger" beat him. I laughed and said "nice car" and we went our separate ways. Funny thing is I thought those things were like low 13-second beasts. But I read on the Interweb today the 340HP ones only ET at about 14.2-14.4. Oh well I was happy.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like fun!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Peachypumpkincheeks

Nice kill
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I cant wait to see the SRT-8's on the road. That is the only Charger I would think of buying. Nice Kill too

Quote Originally Posted by Black XT
    I cant wait to see the SRT-8's on the road. That is the only Charger I would think of buying. Nice Kill too
    Yeah those are going to be wicked pissah, as they say in Beantown. I've read they're going to be in the low-13s in the quarter. A guy here as an SRT-8 300C with a few mods and he ran a 12.3 Friday night. He could put my WRX in the trunk. It'd be the only time my car would run a 12.3.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

good run

I can't wait to start wasting these SRT 8 Hemi bastids. It should be fun.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    I can't wait to start wasting these SRT 8 Hemi bastids. It should be fun.
    You might want to hold off on saying that. The new SRT-8 Charger is going to run on the Jeep Grand Cherikee plateform. Meening AWD. The Jeep ran a 15s 1/4 making it the fastest US made SUV and the fastest production Jeep ever made. I doubt it will take too long before someone makes a S/C kit for them.

Hemi+S/C+AWD=
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

himi+s/c+AWD= ****ty gas millage
    lifes a garden
    dig it

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    You might want to hold off on saying that. The new SRT-8 Charger is going to run on the Jeep Grand Cherikee plateform. Meening AWD. The Jeep ran a 15s 1/4 making it the fastest US made SUV and the fastest production Jeep ever made. I doubt it will take too long before someone makes a S/C kit for them.

Hemi+S/C+AWD=
    lol. I have a pullied 03 Cobra, I am not too scared just yet.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.