New Charger
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Charger within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced one last night and to my surprise I beat him. I was behind him on the interstate and ...

New Charger

I raced one last night and to my surprise I beat him. I was behind him on the interstate and he proceeded off an exit ramp. We finally got lined up after like three lights and traffic with nobody in front of us. I got next to him and revved a little to see if he was interested since he was an older guy and he romped on it as if to say "I will eat you four-cylinder boy." I must say it sounded cool. So the light goes green and I launch on the uprev at about 5500 and chirped it slightly out of the hole. I managed to put about 1 1/2 cars out of the launch, stayed that way through second and then added another 1/2 car or so through third. I shut down at about 95-100 as did he. He pulled next to me at the next light, which goes around a curve and talked for a sec. Nice guy. He said he was surprised "the little four-banger" beat him. I laughed and said "nice car" and we went our separate ways. Funny thing is I thought those things were like low 13-second beasts. But I read on the Interweb today the 340HP ones only ET at about 14.2-14.4. Oh well I was happy.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like fun!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Peachypumpkincheeks

Nice kill
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I cant wait to see the SRT-8's on the road. That is the only Charger I would think of buying. Nice Kill too

Quote Originally Posted by Black XT
    I cant wait to see the SRT-8's on the road. That is the only Charger I would think of buying. Nice Kill too
    Yeah those are going to be wicked pissah, as they say in Beantown. I've read they're going to be in the low-13s in the quarter. A guy here as an SRT-8 300C with a few mods and he ran a 12.3 Friday night. He could put my WRX in the trunk. It'd be the only time my car would run a 12.3.
    WRX 2004 Cobb Stage II (91) w/Helix DP ... 13.8@96.

I need an uppipe and an exhaust!

good run

I can't wait to start wasting these SRT 8 Hemi bastids. It should be fun.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    I can't wait to start wasting these SRT 8 Hemi bastids. It should be fun.
    You might want to hold off on saying that. The new SRT-8 Charger is going to run on the Jeep Grand Cherikee plateform. Meening AWD. The Jeep ran a 15s 1/4 making it the fastest US made SUV and the fastest production Jeep ever made. I doubt it will take too long before someone makes a S/C kit for them.

Hemi+S/C+AWD=
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

himi+s/c+AWD= ****ty gas millage
    lifes a garden
    dig it

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    You might want to hold off on saying that. The new SRT-8 Charger is going to run on the Jeep Grand Cherikee plateform. Meening AWD. The Jeep ran a 15s 1/4 making it the fastest US made SUV and the fastest production Jeep ever made. I doubt it will take too long before someone makes a S/C kit for them.

Hemi+S/C+AWD=
    lol. I have a pullied 03 Cobra, I am not too scared just yet.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.