my stg2 wrx vs. lightly modded STi

This is a discussion on my stg2 wrx vs. lightly modded STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well i finally got to race my friends STi that he just got. He put a CAI and a HKS ...

my stg2 wrx vs. lightly modded STi

Well i finally got to race my friends STi that he just got. He put a CAI and a HKS CB on it.
    First race from a dig- we both launch but i had the better launch and got car lenth on him when i hit 2nd, and from 2nd to 3rd i was 2 car length ahead and it stayed like that up till 100mph. Yay I won.
    second race- As we are about to launch i keep looking at a car that was coming to the right side just makeing sure its not a po po, so as the flagger droped his hands i didnt get a good launch, so the STi had the jump about a 3/4 ahead. At about 5000 to 5500rpm in 2nd i was even with him and at the end of 2nd i had half a car on him. Once i hit 3rd i put a good 1 1/2 cars on him and it just stayed like that till 110. Kinda dissapointed, figured it would be side by side with me but i guess not. A win for me

2 weeks later the STi got a full cobb stg 2 treatment-
    we had a rematch, he beat me the same lengths that i beat him so i kinda knew it would be like that. I still gotta do this again because i was slippin 1st and alittle into 2nd.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So your Stage 2 WRX is faster then his STi ?

even stock it should be a REALLY REALLY good race with him having the edge over you... so does that mean that his CAI and HKS catback are making him slower? or that he just isnt that great of a driver? you must just be a lot better at launching then...

this gives me a lot of hope for when I finally mod my car... maybe ill take down an STi.
    nice job

now if this race were from lets say like a 40 or 60 mph roll it'd be a totally differnt story I'm sure.
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

its allll about the driver
    nice kill
    EVO III 16g'd wagon
    stock tranny goin strong
    .. already ready for a bigger turbo
    - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Sometimes after I go poo, I just blank out and mindlessly continue my upward wipe all the way up the small of my back and end up smearing brown all over myself. Just kidding. That sucks about your laundry though...

Nice kills, Stage 2 WRX and a stock STi is a pretty good run. I was pretty close with every STi I raced at Stg2, usually the STi's will pull better over 90 or so though. I would say the intake is probably hurting him a little though, I mean their no good for WRX's, why does everyone seem to ignore this and put them on STi's? I raced a Stage 2 STi (or so he says it is) in my 2.5 WRX and we were dead even from a 40mph roll, I think he had an intake and that would pretty much explain why he didnt pull on me at all...I'd tell your friend to try ditching the intake, even if its not actually hurting him it isnt helping much either....
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Well he wasnt to good of a drive i would say but when he had his stage 2 in he beat me pretty good. Well i cant say much to him about ditching the intake since its his car and he can do whatever he wants. If it blows up or anything I'll be the first to take the tranny or whatever.
    04 wrx white with one blue door.
    cobb stg 2 and more to love

good runs