Rx7....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rx7.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was in traffic today and when I finally got to the light I was a little irritated at how ...

Rx7....

I was in traffic today and when I finally got to the light I was a little irritated at how long it had been so I didnt launch it but once first was engaged I punched it, only to see some white thing come about up to my right front door, this was after I let off first. So then I put it in second and went all the way through that gear with the same outcome, at first I thought it was some bs v6 mustang only to look over and see a RX7, it seemed as though we both just went through first and second all the way and I stayed about 1/4 length ahead of him, but there also was a lot of cars about 100 yards in front of us, it appeared that we were about the same quickness, does this seem right. We got to the next light and I looked over and we both just kind of laughed and gave the head nod, and might I say the car looked sick, never have liked those much but in the white it sure did look clean. So how fast are they, I am sure I could have done better had I launched it but it seemed like when rolling we were about the same.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

RX7's are fast and light. The senquential twin turbo rotary engine was awesome, but also very problematic because rotarys produce a ton of heat. If you are stock, id expect the rx7 to pull on you since it has more power and weighs less.....

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    RX7's are fast and light. The senquential twin turbo rotary engine was awesome, but also very problematic because rotarys produce a ton of heat. If you are stock, id expect the rx7 to pull on you since it has more power and weighs less.....
    yeah they ran mid to high 13's stock.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

You know what, I mislead all of you, I forgot they call the new ones RX8, god I am such a retard, well that proves to you that I am not into them all that much. Ok now that I have fixed my stupid comment, do you still feel the same way?

I love the rx8, came very close to getting one. It doesnt feel as fast as a wrx, but it wont get blown away by anymeans. As far as looks go RX8>WRX..... and it handels soooo good. Once you start bringing mods into the picture there is no comparo.

With a good driver they can get mid-low 14's much like a stock wrx.

That sounds about right, it seemed just as fast, we pretty much stayed exactly even when rolling. I would imagine I could have taken him off the line, this one was in pearl white color and it looked real good.

RX-7's ('91-94) are so sweet. Unfortunately, it is hard to find one with more than 30k miles on it that hasn't had the engine rebuilt or isnt blowing smoke.

RX-8's sure do look nice but I wish they had more power. My stock WRX had no problems staying side by side with one up to 125 (from about 70mph on the highway) and then he started to walk me very slowly after I went into 5th. Both of us had 2 passengers and he had exhaust.

My dad has a 94 RX-7. I love the car, he's had it since I was able to drive even. Still hardly any miles on it. Such a sick car, very quick. It handles like a go-kart and stops on a dime. One of these days I'm going to race him lol.
    2005 CGM STi

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    I love the rx8, came very close to getting one. It doesnt feel as fast as a wrx, but it wont get blown away by anymeans. As far as looks go RX8>WRX..... and it handels soooo good. Once you start bringing mods into the picture there is no comparo.

With a good driver they can get mid-low 14's much like a stock wrx.

low 14's When they first came out with the cars mazda gave mags they ran 14.5 as a best time. Every since then when they actually got released, they became low 15 high 14 second car. Your race sounds just right. These cars were supposed to have 255 hp too bad it got downgraded and there was talk of a lawsuit against mazda for misleading customers. No way in hell any stock rx8 does 14.1, its not possible.

mazdaspeed 6> mazda rx8
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

heck forget the Mazdaspeed 6...what about the Mazdaspeed 3? Initial reports (usually inaccurate) have it getting a 274hp turbo engine. No wmy wife has a plain 160hp 3 that is a blast to drive in the twisties. You put 274 hp in that thing with a LSD and I could find myself taking it out as often as my WRX for grocery runs.

I just cant see how Mazda can pile HP into the 3 and 6 and not really up the 8. I'd be seriously pissed if I just bought a RX8 for $35k and then got smoked by a 3 that cost 24k

Quote Originally Posted by VOLFAN
    heck forget the Mazdaspeed 6...what about the Mazdaspeed 3? Initial reports (usually inaccurate) have it getting a 274hp turbo engine. No wmy wife has a plain 160hp 3 that is a blast to drive in the twisties. You put 274 hp in that thing with a LSD and I could find myself taking it out as often as my WRX for grocery runs.

I just cant see how Mazda can pile HP into the 3 and 6 and not really up the 8. I'd be seriously pissed if I just bought a RX8 for $35k and then got smoked by a 3 that cost 24k
    i have a 3, it really does handle *extremely* well. i'm surprised i don't see more autocrossing. slow as balls, but i love the steering and brakes. a nice successor to my WRX. too bad it's so damn slow.

imho, MSP 3 > 06 WRX
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    low 14's When they first came out with the cars mazda gave mags they ran 14.5 as a best time. Every since then when they actually got released, they became low 15 high 14 second car. Your race sounds just right. These cars were supposed to have 255 hp too bad it got downgraded and there was talk of a lawsuit against mazda for misleading customers. No way in hell any stock rx8 does 14.1, its not possible.

mazdaspeed 6> mazda rx8

Go take a look around the Rx8forum, there are pleanty of people that know how to drive that are getting mid 14's and there are a few people (very rare) that have gotten even better then the mag times. Did i ever say "14.1".... i think not.

stock wrx's hang or take rx8's from a roll, they trap about the same or even lower. they are pieces of sh!t powerwise. handling wise they kick ass
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

That sounds exactly right, but I will say it was this pearl white color with blue headlights and fog lights, man that thing looked good. I loved the old RX7 those were always so cool to me because they were light, probably why I liked the 87-93 LX coupe mustang 5.0, probably my favorite mustang ever, those were so light and quick.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    i have a 3, it really does handle *extremely* well. i'm surprised i don't see more autocrossing. slow as balls, but i love the steering and brakes. a nice successor to my WRX. too bad it's so damn slow.

imho, MSP 3 > 06 WRX
    How do you like the 3? I got my Mazdaspeed Protege about 2 weeks before the 3's came out. Always wondered if I should have waited... Eh, I love my Mazdaspeed. Keeping it until it dies or becomes a dedicated track car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast