another srt4 - wrx post
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on another srt4 - wrx post within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; was at the local area where everybody cruises and ran a srt4 from a 40roll. he had the jump by ...

another srt4 - wrx post

was at the local area where everybody cruises and ran a srt4 from a 40roll. he had the jump by a sec and jumped out by a car. i was just able to slowly inch away at him. wow do those thing spool up quick. we shut down at the top of third and ended up being bout even. i was about at his rear door and gaining.

his mods wastegate, downpipe, to a sideexhaust and intake with other minor crap.

the hoopty wrx with a million miles was running cobbs base 2.5 vf34 map with a vf39 turbo tho. i have the bare bones requirements for that. vf39, turboback, uppipe, and pink injectors.

thoughts comments and do you think its possible for me to keep up with a stock STI? i havent had a chance to run at the track yet so comments would be nice so i can gauge where the hoopty stands regarding its acceleration.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You should get a fuel pump to go with that turbo. You didn't list it but maybe you already have one. Also, I wouldn't run the vf34 map too long without getting a custom tune. I know the turbos are very similar but I think that would help you out a bunch.

As for the stock sti, I dont' know. Would like to say it's a drivers race but I'm thinking the 6 speed gearing is going to give them an edge on you. You might have the same turbo but you don't have a proper tune on it. Just my 2 cents.

yeah i have the fuel pump but its not installed yet. im thinkin im gonna wait to get a new intercooler b4 i get a protune. that way itll be a lil easiar on my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by dvang
    yeah i have the fuel pump but its not installed yet. im thinkin im gonna wait to get a new intercooler b4 i get a protune. that way itll be a lil easiar on my wallet.
    That is pretty solid thinking, but you may want to keep out of race conditions just to be safe. Just don't want to see you start a "I blew my engine tonight" thread cause of a tune for a turbo in the same family.

I would like to know what IC you end up going with. I'm thinking about close to the same setup for my car. I'll be stage 2 in under a week and can't wait!

my cars been like this for a while now so ill say that its an ok tune. been told that its a lil rich and i can smell it in the summer. regarding blowing up the motor would like to avoid that but its holding up well im thinking im close to 129k miles now. i consistantly do a compression check and the motor is healthy 150psi in all cylinders with a warm/cooler motor.

if it blows thatll be an excuse for either a jdm wrx motor or sti SB..

anymore comments?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.