Didnt race anyone but...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Didnt race anyone but... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had to go pick up my back pack from one of my friends house last night at about 3:30am ...

Didnt race anyone but...

I had to go pick up my back pack from one of my friends house last night at about 3:30am and he asked if I would take him for a ride b/c he thinks my car is fast(mostly because he has a V6 camero) but anyways we were driving and then I get on a Highway to head back to his house and I gave it a go and I kept on it and we got over the crest of this hill and there wasnt a car in sight and so I said what the hell and stayed on it and going down a slight decline for about half a mile I buried the needle, it was on the mph past 140 and this really suprised me(all I have is an up/dp) and there was a thread on nasoic where someone said the wrx topped out at 144 and there was no way in hell I beleived that but I was wrong.

p.s. please save all the your a dumba$$ comments and all that I know it wasnt the brightest idea but Im not brightest kid so I guess that works out, I just really wanted to see if it was true b/c I sure as hell didnt beleive that a wrx would go that fast.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life

p.s. please save all the your a dumba$$ comments and all that I know it wasnt the brightest idea but Im not brightest kid so I guess that works out

PS: If you don't want comments, don't post stuff like this on teh intardweb

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex

PS: If you don't want comments, don't post stuff like this on teh intardweb
    good point. I guess Im fair game, rip away

Elm
    I got my wrx with up/dp and stock catback a few mph past 140 on a flat piece of road. I have the v7 STi hood scoop and it looked like my hood and it were about to fly off.
    2002 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX
    Mods - Pics - NSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    good point. I guess Im fair game, rip away
    I'm not gonna flame you, but some may. I'll loan you this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I'm not gonna flame you, but some may. I'll loan you this.
    Thanks Trainrex, you know you really are a nice guy always lending your flame suit to people in need. But Il make sure to get it back to you when Im done.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks Trainrex, you know you really are a nice guy always lending your flame suit to people in need. But Il make sure to get it back to you when Im done.
    Thanks. I'm sure I'll need it soon.

No flame, just curoius what type of tires you are running? ........POP....... had to of been an rush though!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldy72233
    No flame, just curoius what type of tires you are running? ........POP....... had to of been an rush though!!!!!
    Yes they were the stockers and yes it was one hell of a rush.Also i didnt even realize it untill I started home but it used a freakin 1/4 tank of gas

I mean this with nooooo offense at all. I'm not trying to dis your cars the least. But it freaks me out to imagine your cars doing 120+ Because, when I hit 120+ I hit it very fast, and I don't spend much time at a high speed. But in the 13.7+ cars, once you hit 100 the needle doesn't move quite as fast.... and then it takes a long ass time to hit 140, and you are spending a long time going over 100mph. It's just freaky to imagine how long you had to have been going at over 100 to get to 140
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

dude my car topped out at 140. . you know what I need!

yeah two

not the small ones.

i thought the wrx was electronicaly limited to 133? did you remove the speed govenor?

Quote Originally Posted by stick-shift
    i thought the wrx was electronicaly limited to 133? did you remove the speed govenor?
    Nope it says here 144 stock.

dude you are such a moron .. I cant belive people like you can drive WRXs... AHHHHHHHH>H>>>>> >> >!!!!@@$$%^^%$

just playin ... : ) nice flame suit by the way ... Trainrex is an uber nice guy
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Nope it says here 144 stock.
    you're right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast