350z vs WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 350z vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just cruising around town and I happen to pull up next to a new 350z. I missed the launch, but ...

350z vs WRX

Just cruising around town and I happen to pull up next to a new 350z. I missed the launch, but continued to hang with him till about 85, then I was screwed. Is this pretty common or was this just a fluke. I am completly stock except for my Wasgate Arm mod!!!! Oh... and I have no stickers for extra hp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you missed the launch, I dont see why you hung with him to 85. Even with a good launch, soon after 60 you would probably start to lose. not saying it didnt happen, but probably a fluke or bad driving on his part.

Kinda what I was thinking, but just trying to get some input.

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    If you missed the launch, I dont see why you hung with him to 85. Even with a good launch, soon after 60 you would probably start to lose. not saying it didnt happen, but probably a fluke or bad driving on his part.

Sounds like my races with my brothers 350Z. I have been able to get up to 4 car lengths on him with a good launch but by 85mph I am toast.

I am 100% stock and good until 85- 90mph from a dig (IF I get a good launch). Bad launch equals trying to play catch up which ain't gonna happen if they get the jump on you.

Now I ran against an AT 350z from a 60mph roll and was fine up till about 115 or so and then he started to creep on me, gaining momentun till we shut it down at 125 or so and he was maybe 2.5-3 lengths up on me.. That didnt surprise me though. My AT Eclispe Turbo had trouble with V6 mustangs. Damn AT's!

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldy72233
    Is this pretty common or was this just a fluke.
    From my experience, I raced a friend of mine a stock 350Z. We did a highway speed run, starting at 60mph. I was able to hang in there until I hit 80-90 mph, and by the time I shift 4th, he's pulling away. That night, I wished I had more up top... but I still love my WRX.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

with a good launch you will take 1 til 85-90 ( i launch good) after that the z will catch up and walk away.. on a weak launch you will hang til about 60, then its lights out, although im just speculating on the weak launch, iv never rolled off the line against the 3 zs ive raced from a dig
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

at least you hung with him.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

My good friend has a 6speed 350Z, realistically i highly doubt my stock 05 wrx would keep up.... but i dont know and dont plan on finding out untill we hit up the track.

has alot to do with the drivers of each car also, and driving conditions, keep that in mind... results are not always repeatable and will sumtimes have discrepancies
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.