Tried a Chevy Cobalt....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tried a Chevy Cobalt.... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got my UP/DP combo (that was an ordeal) and re-flashed Cobb stage 2 so i was out "looking ...

Tried a Chevy Cobalt....

I just got my UP/DP combo (that was an ordeal) and re-flashed Cobb stage 2 so i was out "looking for trouble" I guess. I found this Chevy Cobalt...it was all de-badged with a body kit and a gay 3 ft. high wing, with duel exhausts, and I could see lots of gauges....so I THINK it was a Cobalt. Assumed it was an SS. I got near him at a red light and he kinf of gestured like he wanted to go, then I heard "PSSSSSSSST" "PSSSSSST"......he was purging his nitrous!!!! SO I'm like, "this won't be good"....but the light goes green, I didn't launch and waited a sec....then nailed it, and he didn't do a thing.
    Whatever, I can never find a race when I'm looking for one...they just happen randomly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

probably better that he didn't race you. At stageII + uppipe you are going to be a bit faster than him assuming he was running bolt on's (intake, exhaust, pully) and if he was running ECU as well it would be really close... but with him also running nitrious I cannot see that being good for you.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Yeah a supercharged Cobalt with bolt-ons and even a 50-shot of nitrous....I would kill him off the line but we'd get up to 30-40 and he'd spray and leave me like I was in reverse!

Hahaha, I am one week into my Stage 2 reflash, and tonight my g/f and I were on our way home, and some guy in a Hyundai Elantra all modded out, with the usual fart muffler, APC sticker on the windshield, pillar guages, stickers all down the doors under the mirrors, and he was driving like he was the shi? He kept riding my a$$ and riding my a$$. Finally I let him pass me and he takes off as fast as he can, I stayed in third gear and it was over very quickly. Man I love stage 2!!!! My g/f is like, why did you even waste gas on that pos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by twoturbos
    Hahaha, I am one week into my Stage 2 reflash, and tonight my g/f and I were on our way home, and some guy in a Hyundai Elantra all modded out, with the usual fart muffler, APC sticker on the windshield, pillar guages, stickers all down the doors under the mirrors, and he was driving like he was the shi? He kept riding my a$$ and riding my a$$. Finally I let him pass me and he takes off as fast as he can, I stayed in third gear and it was over very quickly. Man I love stage 2!!!! My g/f is like, why did you even waste gas on that pos?
    watch out for those elantra GT's

maybe he knew what he was up against
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

I look completely stock since I have my stock cat-back still...until the funds for the Borla Hush or EVO2 are produced...not sure what to do after that...I can't blow the car up I have to make payments on it for a WHILE.

i didnt know cobalts modded up so well.. i mean i imagined they would but i havent done any research or heard first hand...
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

A Colbalt SS lined up with me on my drive back home on I90. I was crusing at 75mph and a young kid flyies up from behind and lines up next to me and starts to pace me. I tried to ignore him but he wouldn't back off, so I wen't from 6th into 4th and took it all the way to 100 and shut down. He was clearly way behind me and still trying, he flew past me and kept going.

And yes I have a 6spd.
    HKW

I really like the new cobalts. GO Chevy
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by capt'n'caveman
    maybe he knew what he was up against
    I dont think a bolt on and spraying cobalt SS has anything to worry about form a stock turbo wrx.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yeah they cobalts i'm hearing are being under rated for hp / trq. throw on the boltons to let that puppy breath, and then add some NOS lights out WRX!

i'd enjoy racing him in the evo though it would prolly be close!
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

What are the Cobalt SS SC's running? Im assuming a low 14/high 13? The SRT-4 is still the fastar right?

They arent horrible looking cars, but the interior is lacking. I sat in one at the NYIAS. They could of done more to set it apart from the LS.

Oh and guys, not sure if you knew (i didnt) but the Cobalt SS now comes in two forms. One that is NOT supercharged, and one that is. (and no im not confusing it w/ the LS)
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    Maybe it was one of those CO2 lookalike purge doohickeys...
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

Quote Originally Posted by chanwahyaoh
    Maybe it was one of those CO2 lookalike purge doohickeys...
    Maybe it was just a bov? (do superchargers have them? wow im dumb). If he couldnt tell if it was a Cobalt, id assume it was dark out, so he didnt see smoke purging.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.