WRX vs Mustang, Stealth, GTA and Tibaron
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs Mustang, Stealth, GTA and Tibaron within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow I had some fun this weekend. WRX vs Tibaron I went out on Saturday night to have a little ...

WRX vs Mustang, Stealth, GTA and Tibaron

Wow I had some fun this weekend.

WRX vs Tibaron
    I went out on Saturday night to have a little fun. The only thing I saw was a Tibaron with 3 teens in it. Sitting at a light I looked over to see if they were going to run me. They did the normal stare straight ahead thing. So ok no race for me. The light turns green and *BAM* he hits it. Ok I nail it and bye bye Tibaron. Ok nothing big right. Well what shocked me was he wasn't as far back as I thought he would be. Maybe 3 or 4 cars at best. With 3 people in the car I thought I would have been alot further ahead. Oh well.

WRX vs GTA (383 stroker)
    Next I pull into a parking lot cause there is a blue 05 WRX sitting there. We start talking and he tells me he's got a TBE and Up/pipe with a HKS BOV. I tell him I'm utec stage 3. Next his buddy pulls up in his 87GTA talking about how he just had his LT1 bored and stroked. He's now running a 383 stroker with the stock TPI. He start talking about HP and says he's around 400whp. Now I owned a 86 IROC with 422whp so I know a little about them and there is no way he's putting that much down with the stock TB. Now he's talking about the race he had with the blue WRX and how he lost and asks him how much he's putting down. The guy start telling him about 290awhp. He asks me how much I am putting down and I said 230awhp to 240awhp I guess. He ask if I want to run him. I said yes and we did. By the time we both rolled up to the light it just changed green so I didn't get to launch. Well I really didn't need it. The GTA pulled about 1/2 car on me till the turbo spooled and that was it. I put like 2 cars on him before we hit 100mph. WOOT I smoked a 400whp car.

WRX vs 351w w/ DRs Mustang
    So now was go back to the parking lot and a guy with a 85 mustang sporting a 351w and DRs wants to run me. He said his best track run was 1.71 60' and 12.4 ET. I knew I was going to lose but it was fun aways. This time I get a great launch only to see him sitting about 1/2 car back. Ugg I knew it was going to get ugly quick. Well the Mustang didn't start pulling on me till 3rd gear but man it started walking me hard. By the time we hit 100mph he was 2 cars ahead of me and still pulling. We also have two other Mustangs trying to keep up with us. One 5.0 with Exhaust and another 4.6 stock. I think they gave up at around 60 or so cause they faded fast.

WRX vs Stealth w/ Turbo upgrade
    My final race was against a Stealth running twin T13 turbos. He claimed to run 1.7 60' and quick ET of 12.6. His car wasn't running right that night but we ran anyways. From the dig I hit the horn 3 times. He got a late start and I bogged pretty bad. By the time it was over he was about 1 car ahead of me.

They were all pretty cool and the Stealth guy is selling me a Walbro 255lph FP for $45.00. All in all the little WRX did fairly well for the night.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Nice kills and gracious losses.

I'm surprised you beat the GTA with the 383 stroker cuz the 383 stroker is hella fast, but maybe it was a driver's race? Awesome stories, nonetheless.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Nice kills and gracious losses.

I'm surprised you beat the GTA with the 383 stroker cuz the 383 stroker is hella fast, but maybe it was a driver's race? Awesome stories, nonetheless.
    No he just built up the motor but running the stock fuel system. You could tell this thing was starving for fuel. Oh and he also just dropped in a 3 speed auto with a 3200stall I'm guessing once he gets his fuel problems out of the way it's going to be a different race.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    No he just built up the motor but running the stock fuel system. You could tell this thing was starving for fuel.
    If only I had a nickel for everytime I witnessed/heard about/saw that...

Heck I could buy that '67 corvette on ebay! haha.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120123
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

I'll run you
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

It's so depressing to see a Stealth w/ upgraded turbos running only 12.60s

Typically the people running a 13T conversion (sourced from WRXs btw) are in the 11s easily. This guy was probably running stock injectors - he'll need more fuel to go faster.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.