02 WRX Vs BMW M5

This is a discussion on 02 WRX Vs BMW M5 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; alright the M5 is a car that i've only read about in magazines never saw one in person, i've seen ...

02 WRX Vs BMW M5

alright the M5 is a car that i've only read about in magazines never saw one in person, i've seen a few new M3's which i believe are just sick...On my way to work this morning geting on the highway and i see a nice dark blue beamer out in front... So i caught up, where i'm from the highways pretty empty dont worry... Cruseing about 80 he finally gets on it and for some reason i'm runing more boost then normal 21psi its was cold this morning. Well i'm in 4th just hopeing he's going to get on it and he takes off i put it down and he doesn't seem to be going anywhere i get into the 5th and i was coming back on him around 135mph i'm not sure if he had it all the way down are not then his crazy ass decided to take the exit at 130mph flying by cars on the sholder, i saw him out in front a lil later he pulled into a BMW dealer.... It also had black wheels so i know it wasn't a dealer car though and the plate said something like Ned4Speed... After looking up some info on them i found out that they only have a top speed of 155 i thought these cars where supercars? My srt4 went faster than that with an intake.... Who knowS
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well the M5's are monsters what you have to realize is that, that cars is heavy and a sports family sedan packing like 400hp so nice run u must be pretty quick, cause if you weren't then it would be be careful of the new ones they are packing a v10 boasting 507hp

the top speed is electronically limited to 155. having driven both cars i'd guess he wasn't trying very hard.

i think that M5 you're talking about had 394hp stock...and about 4000lbs of luxury. i think 0-60 WRX would be neck and neck with the M5 winning the marathon
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

The results seem about right. At a recent dyno day, a Dinan-chipped M5 put down 320 whp on a hearbreaker Dyno Dynamics. Like you, I have an 18G at 20 psi or so. My car had 298.4 whp.

He was probably pulling into the dealer to whine about not beating a 4-cylinder compact car, perhaps putting in an order for the new 10-cylinder M5.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

good run.

The M5 is not exactly a "supercar" but sure is one helluva family sedan boasting nearly 400hp, a phenominal 6spd MT and handling like most 4,000lb cars could only dream of. As for the top speed of 155 that is electronically governed and the car is capable of more with the governer removed.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

the m5 to me is still the ultimate sports sedan. i need to own an e90 (right? v8 not, 10) m5 before i die. good run though, that crazy bastard shouldnt be driving like that in such an incredibile car though. not incredible because of the sheer speed, but because of the balance. its just... dammit i need one.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kooyulator
    the m5 to me is still the ultimate sports sedan. i need to own an e90 (right? v8 not, 10) m5 before i die. good run though, that crazy bastard shouldnt be driving like that in such an incredibile car though. not incredible because of the sheer speed, but because of the balance. its just... dammit i need one.
    e39.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

E90 is the chasis code for the new 3 series. The new 5 series, including the V10 powered M5 is the E60.
    Quote Originally Posted by SugerMan
    Just like the lottery is for people who are bad at math... street racing is for people who are bad at life.

An M5 is faster than a stock WRX, but judging from your mods I can see how you beat him. The M5 is great on the highway because the acceleration is so consistent (it feels the same in every gear), but the 4000lbs limits it a bit. I still love that car.

The V10 M5 will hit 204 mph with the governer removed. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me. Plus I love the button that you push to put it at its full 507 horsepower potential. Beautiful Car