'05 WRX vs '04 SRT 4
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

This is a discussion on '05 WRX vs '04 SRT 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well the other day i finally raced my friends '04 SRT..........i have an '05 WRX (intake silencer delete, QTP 3' ...

  1. #1
    Registered User MakoMark1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7

    '05 WRX vs '04 SRT 4

    well the other day i finally raced my friends '04 SRT..........i have an '05 WRX (intake silencer delete, QTP 3' downpipe, QTP exhaust cut out)...the SRT is dropped with rims, a wastegate, a greddy bov, and exhaust. I had raced him on the highway, and im sorry boys, but we dont stand a chance. But a yesterday i finally raced him from a stop, and ohh man was it fun....i opened up my exhaust cut out, lauched perfectly, and he couldn't catch me.....we raced up to about 90 mph, and i had him by 1 or 1 and 1/2 cars....(full tank of gas and a buddy of mine in the car).....he swears he would have caught up to me around 105 mph....we're gonna goto the track and race and see finally how im going to beat him....
    my next mod........intercooler sprayer....spraying nitrous.....gonna beat him even worse when i get that...
    later

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Nice kill
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  4. #3
    Registered User TurnWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,828
    u should get some engine management to maximize power from your exhaust setup

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,087
    if your friend could launch you still would have lost from a dig. those SRT's hit full boost around 2500rpm's...

    but he couldn't, and you won. nice driver's race.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

  6. #5
    Registered User wrxaddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    392
    get some EM, and an uppipe. then u will at least stand a chance from a roll.

  7. #6
    Registered User WRX-ERROR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilkes Barre, Pa
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    if your friend could launch you still would have lost from a dig. those SRT's hit full boost around 2500rpm's...

    but he couldn't, and you won. nice driver's race.
    I doubt it. I know you own an SRT-4 and wish that statement was true but I visit the SRtforums enough to know they wheel hop until 3rd gear. They are highway queens and 90% of them will admit it. On the highway an SRT-4 will run with an STi. If thats true then why don't they run 1/4 mile times like the STi?

    The SRT-4 is a fact car no doubt but from the dig isn't it's strong point.
    0 To 90 I'm going to give it to the WRX.

    Oh and to the OP, yeah at 100+ he would have blew by you like you were stannding still. I also give the SRT-4 the win in the 1/4 if you take it to the track.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    I doubt it. I know you own an SRT-4 and wish that statement was true but I visit the SRtforums enough to know they wheel hop until 3rd gear. They are highway queens and 90% of them will admit it. On the highway an SRT-4 will run with an STi. If thats true then why don't they run 1/4 mile times like the STi?

    The SRT-4 is a fact car no doubt but from the dig isn't it's strong point.
    0 To 90 I'm going to give it to the WRX.

    Oh and to the OP, yeah at 100+ he would have blew by you like you were stannding still. I also give the SRT-4 the win in the 1/4 if you take it to the track.

    i don't own one, but I got my ass kicked at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ by one. He had the Mopar Stage 3 upgrade (about $3000) and I had Stage 2...he wheel hopped pretty damn bad and pulled off 13.01sec@xxx mph...you could literally see the front end raising on the car. that's faster than a stock STi *from a dig*, and it cost him about $24grand total. on the highway, he probably would have made me look like i was in reverse.

    plenty of SRT's are in the 13's at the 1/4, and there are many more SRT's in the 12's than WRX's.

    I loved my WRX to death, but I know a faster car when I see it. a lot of people think WRX's can be faster at the track because of traction, but i personally think those quick 60' times just save the WRX from complete embarassment against SRT's.
    Last edited by AngelBoy; 10-17-2005 at 09:51 AM.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

  9. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22
    stage three is a brand new turbo for the srt so... stage 2 wrx vs stage 3 srt is like pears and grapes!

  10. #9
    Registered User JiDM_WeRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mankato
    Posts
    21
    I also raced a srt4, this one was an 04 with a boost controller and an exhaust


    I have an 02 wrx with tbe, up, mbc

    http://fivezeroseven.com/modules/deb...file.php?id=34


    Say "bye" to neon :

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    34
    Nice vid

  12. #11
    Registered User Mopower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    42
    Any monkey can drive straight fast. Let the srt4 people drive as fast as they can in a straight line if they want. You could spend 2k on a muscle car , add huge grippy tires, and toss in a 100 shot of noz and the srt4 driver would get it's arse handed to him on a platter. Our cars were made for the twisties. Real drivers run canyons.

  13. #12
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,933
    good run.

  14. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    188
    Umm, somebody could always get an ACR SRT-4 from the factory that would leave the WRX behind in the corners. Hell, stock for stock, the SRT-4 doesn't do too badly against the WRX thanks to the tires. Braking distances are better, and in some corners the SRT-4 will be able to carry better speed.

    ACR package for $1195:
    sixteen-inch forged BBS wheels
    225/45ZR-16 BFGoodrich KDW2 tires
    Five-way adjustable Tokico dampers
    rear tension strut
    larger front antiroll bar
    slits for harness in seats

    Hell, the STi doesn't even come as hard-edged from the factory.

  15. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanboy
    Umm, somebody could always get an ACR SRT-4 from the factory that would leave the WRX behind in the corners. Hell, stock for stock, the SRT-4 doesn't do too badly against the WRX thanks to the tires. Braking distances are better, and in some corners the SRT-4 will be able to carry better speed.

    ACR package for $1195:
    sixteen-inch forged BBS wheels
    225/45ZR-16 BFGoodrich KDW2 tires
    Five-way adjustable Tokico dampers
    rear tension strut
    larger front antiroll bar
    slits for harness in seats

    Hell, the STi doesn't even come as hard-edged from the factory.
    i couldn't agree more. when i had my WRX, I never really cared for the SRT-4, but too many people are too quick to dismiss it. fact, is the ACR is *much* better for all around performance, stock for stock, and the regular SRT, mod for mod, stock for stock, will always be faster.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

  16. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,087
    Quote Originally Posted by High Boost
    stage three is a brand new turbo for the srt so... stage 2 wrx vs stage 3 srt is like pears and grapes!
    exactly, because for $24,000 you have an SRT that can run low 13's/high 12's, with a cast iron, fully sleeved block, and a very durable transmission....for a WRX to do that, you'd pay about $30K total for the acceleration alone, and that's assuming your tranny will last....

    and like I said earlier, we can't really use the "in the twisties" excuse anymore because of the ACR.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •