'05 WRX vs '04 SRT 4 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on '05 WRX vs '04 SRT 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Maybie they've improved, but mine was always a pain in the ass to get into 1st and rev. sometime's 2nd ...

Maybie they've improved, but mine was always a pain in the ass to get into 1st and rev. sometime's 2nd was trickey on a down shift. After a while I had the same kind of trouble with the RA set up I put in it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it's been the same argument since day one, but let's face it, although i prefer the WRX, if drag racing's my thing, then the SRT just does it better. you can always build a faster WRX, but it will cost way more money, and who knows how good you will be to your tranny.

when looking at the overall package, i think the WRX holds its own, and in the end I prefer it. but start giving credit where credit is due, those SRT's are arguably the steal of the century.

PSIchick beat a Viper at the strip with like $4K in mods...you can do that with a WRX, but it's gonna cost a helluva lot more
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    it's been the same argument since day one, but let's face it, although i prefer the WRX, if drag racing's my thing, then the SRT just does it better. you can always build a faster WRX, but it will cost way more money, and who knows how good you will be to your tranny.

when looking at the overall package, i think the WRX holds its own, and in the end I prefer it. but start giving credit where credit is due, those SRT's are arguably the steal of the century.

+1

Roll speed matters a lot

From a 35mph roll I did well, from a 50+ mph roll the Neon pulls and keeps going slowly away. Didn't get to go from a stop.

Quote Originally Posted by medic
    From a 35mph roll I did well, from a 50+ mph roll the Neon pulls and keeps going slowly away. Didn't get to go from a stop.
    I would imagine a stock wrx would pull on my srt from a 35 mph roll. But once I get it to hook up I'd real him in quick.

But, that's why I like to try and race people from a couple of diff speeds. With different power curves and gearing, the speed you start at can make a huge diff. In my case traction owns me. lol

There are people on the srt forums that have traction problems in a 3rd gear roll on drag radials. lol With out brake boosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopower
    Any monkey can drive straight fast. Let the srt4 people drive as fast as they can in a straight line if they want. You could spend 2k on a muscle car , add huge grippy tires, and toss in a 100 shot of noz and the srt4 driver would get it's arse handed to him on a platter. Our cars were made for the twisties. Real drivers run canyons.

Best answer yet. Could of not said it any better myself.

Any Neon to me is a disposeable car, let alone is still a POS dodge.

There is a lot of spite for the SRT4 eh.....

Ive only had the SRT4 for about a month now and im very satisfied with it. Ive read about how the interior is so much nicer in the WRX and why'll it may be a tad bit true, it's not like the WRX interior is anything to brag about.

I was in no way shape or form getting rid of the WRX when looking to buy a SRT4, to me that would be a downgrade. I bought it for the wife and now i have something else to tinker with.

As far as what is faster we all know the answer to that. Who will win off the line is also a no brainer. I cant really compare the cars. I dont expect to go race my woman to find out if my WRX would beat the stock SRT4, and im not letting anyone else drive it. Having driven both i know my WRX pulls harder, but ive also know realized how much turbo lag i really do have after driving the SRT4.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Quote Originally Posted by mike78613

i heart newbies.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Mopower
    Our cars were made for the twisties. Real drivers run canyons.

My srt came with MUCH better tires, and a stiffer suspension. It has alot less body roll, but what do I know I drive a neon. And we wont even get into what the ACR's have. It must suck driveing a car made for the corners, that can't beat a stock neon.

If I wasn't lazy I'd look for that vid of the srt passing the wrx at the track.

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    It has alot less body roll,
    good to know i can get the 26mm front sway and 19mm rear to combat the body roll. Have you driven a regular SRT4? How does it compare body roll wise to your ACR.

I admit the SRT4 makes me feel uneasy in turns with a decent amount of speed.
    02 PSM WRX Cobb Stage 2.5 - SOLD
    05 Stone White SRT4 (CC, 58% Maddog, Gutted DP) SOLD
    2002 Toyota 4runner SR5 4WD - SOLD
    04 BMW 325i
    08 Spark Silver STI - Stage 2 Protuned

Your going to talk **** about a dodge, when you clearly know nothing about cars?

How can I see what my PSI is on my Turbo?

How do you add more PSI to the turbo if needed?

Newbie just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by skyjock41
    good to know i can get the 26mm front sway and 19mm rear to combat the body roll. Have you driven a regular SRT4? How does it compare body roll wise to your ACR.

I admit the SRT4 makes me feel uneasy in turns with a decent amount of speed.
    I may not have been clear, sorry mine is not a acr. I still feel it has less roll to than my wrx did. Although it's deff still there, so the sway bars are a great investment. Some friends of mine have them on there car, made a huge improvement.

I haven't done anything in the handling department yet, to worried about the power.

let's just break it down: Neon ACR vs. WRX.

price: WRX is more expensive.

drivetrain: AWD is simply awesome, and FWD sucks. however, you can power shift the SRT all day long without any problems. you can baby a WRX tranny, and it'll still have issues.

engine: boxer engine > all. but again, SRT's engine is so much more durable.

suspension: slight edge to ACR. both cars inspire lots of confidence, but much less body roll on the ACR.

steering feel: WRX.

brakes: ACR.

my choice: WRX but give credit where credit is due.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    Your going to talk **** about a dodge, when you clearly know nothing about cars?

Actually its not that I do not know anything about cars. But yes this is my fost turbo car ever owned.

I always had luxury. IS300, 3.2TL and G35 all stock.

I am sure I owned more cars then you had GFs or BF's if you swing that way.
    Last edited by mike78613; 11-07-2005 at 09:11 PM.

WRX and SRT-4

Both cars are great. I mean a car can be anything with some money!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.