'05 WRX vs '04 SRT 4 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on '05 WRX vs '04 SRT 4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 i luv this site. relax it is going to be ok, this is the same kind ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    i luv this site.
    relax it is going to be ok, this is the same kind of stuff they are saying on the SRT boards. "WRX's suck, they are slow, blah blah blah..." , it is all in good fun.

The important thing is that both cars are pretty sweet in their own respects, and both are faster then a Geo Metro.
    2013 WRX SWP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by snowboy1232001
    After reading all of this and racing several of them myself ( so far undefeated I will add ), I will agree that they are faster cars. I hate to admit it, but it is true.
    Even though they are faster, the WRX overall is still a better vehicle. I bought a WRX because it is a WRX. The respect that goes along with that name is something that the SRT-4 will never have.

tru tru, i've had at least 70-80 (really that many too) people in the last 2yrs say why would you trade your wrx for a neon?
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Hmmm.... I can't say that I have thought about trading my WRX for an Neon.
    Snowboy

Mods: 2004 WRX- wr blue, Cobb AccessPort- Stage 2 93 Octane, TurboXS cat-less down and midpipe, TurboXS Uppipe, Borla Pro XS muffler, STI Short Shifter, Momo carbon fiber/ titanium shift knob, 22% window tint, Apexi Turbo Timer, K&N Air filter, factory boost gauge, StreetGlow Xenon-White headlights/ high beams, 16" Toyo Proxes4 tires, Rockford Fosgate Power door panel speakers 6.5" front, 4" rear, Intake Silencer Delete, blue STI "I" badge, red Perrin Intercooler Hoses.

Actually right before I bought my wrx I was considering a srt4, the srt4's are great cars and I really like them, but then i remembered I'm not just buying a car to floor it in a line or even speed around corners, the wrx just suites me better and I'm happy with my purchase

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC
    Actually right before I bought my wrx I was considering a srt4, the srt4's are great cars and I really like them, but then i remembered I'm not just buying a car to floor it in a line or even speed around corners, the wrx just suites me better and I'm happy with my purchase

thats all that matters.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

What options can you get on an SRT4?
    2013 WRX SWP

a dildo for all the ass woopin that car gives out

I know the SRT is faster than a wrx, but a wrx is way more practical. The Srt is very ulgy in my opinion and the seats a uncomfortable (any SRT owner would admit that). Srt-4's can barley keep there wheels from spinning on dry asphalt let alone snow. I do have alot of respect for the SRT but personaly i would never buy one. I have talked to many SRT owners who admit that if they were going to do it over agian they would have bought a STi over the SRT anyday, but if the SRT is your thing they are very fun respectable cars to drive.

I would probably by a sti, or evo over a srt. But they were about 10k more and a little more than I wanted to spend on a new car. And I would buy a cobra over both of those if I was going to spend that much money.

But instead I sold my wrx, bought a srt and dumped 5k into it. I'm fairly happey with it, I just need more power

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    But instead I sold my wrx, bought a srt and dumped 5k into it. I'm fairly happey with it, I just need more power
    If you would have dumped 5k into your WRX i'm sure it would be faster than your SRT-4 is if you knew what to buy to produce more power.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtuner2006
    If you would have dumped 5k into your WRX i'm sure it would be faster than your SRT-4 is if you knew what to buy to produce more power.
    No, figured at the power level's I wanted I couldn't afford to replace trannies. The summer before i sold it, I spent about 800 on clutches, 300 for a flywheel, 3k on a new tranny, + laybor for all of that. I did not want to do that **** myself.

My wrx was making decent power, I could keep up with my friends srt from a roll. He trapped about 117 at the track.

Be sides the srt is easy to work on. And I have plans for this hole traction problem.

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    And I have plans for this hole traction problem.

Thats good. Your WRX wouldn't have had that problem and wouldn't have ate tires like your SRT does.

Thats good. Your WRX wouldn't have had that problem and wouldn't have ate tires like your SRT does.
    True, but it could eat trannies like no other.

My WRX has 47,000 miles on it and i haven't have any problem with the tranny yet. I agree that the tranny's on the wrx's are its weak point but i think some of the problem is poeple who don't know how to drive a standard screw it up.

My WRX has 47,000 miles on it and i haven't have any problem with the tranny yet. I agree that the tranny's on the wrx's are its weak point but i think some of the problem is poeple who don't know how to drive a standard screw it up.
    True, I agree with the driver thing. I'm glade your tranny is holding up better than mine did. I don't remember my milage, it was probably around 30k. But, I was fairly modded and raced alot. The day my tranny let go I eased of the line and it still killed the tranny. Had that run went ok, my next pass I'd have been going for 11's on the stock tranny (02 by the way). Most will tell you that wont happen, at least not for long lol.

I dont really trust my srt's tranny either, alot of people have had problems with the 05's. So when I break mine, I plan on dropping in a 3 spd auto from a 1st gen neon. That will be sweet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.